Close Combat Training

.
~You stood in between my legs, your lips murmuring sweet words. A curse; a spell you have laid upon me. It set me aflame when your lips grazed my flesh. Your teeth were delicate as you bit my collarbone, your tongue swiping over the bit to cool the delicious sting. You were so perfect, even if I knew you would trade me for someone else in an instant.~
.

༺♥༻

Ares Pov:

"What's next?" She stood at full height in front of me, less than a foot of space was between us. Her chin is up in spite. I have a feeling it's towards Apollo.

I grinned. "Are you in a good state to continue?"

I didn't think she would need to call it quits for the day. She should be fine to go on. If she's going to be a smart warrior, she needs to know how to let things roll off of her. Her and Apollo's history shouldn't matter, not when it comes to knowing how to handle your emotions. It's all about control, discipline.

A ghost of a smile carefully slid onto her lips. "I'll be fine."

Just the answer I was hoping for.

"Glad to know you can stay level-headed when needed." Laughter came from me, my voice gruff. "We're trying something new today."

"Wait, what?" My grin only grew seeing the questioning look in her gaze.

Up until this moment, we've just been doing basic workouts. It wasn't much to me, yet she was out of breath just from a portion of it. I'll give her credit for trying.

Though when a battle comes around, trying, won't guarantee your survival.

"We're going to be trying close combat. So far, all you've been doing is building muscle. Though that's a gradual process, in the meantime you should learn how to handle yourself." I watched as she picked up her blade, the pad of her fingers running along its long edge. "I think you should know how to do hand-to-hand combat."

Her head tilts as she questions, "What's the first step in learning that?"

I take a step closer to her, pulling my dagger from my belt. "Through experience."

Her lips part and eyes widen by a fraction. "You don't mean-"

I lunged towards her, my single step clearing the space between us in a second. I grabbed her wrist and planted a hand on the center of her back. Twisting her arm back I spoke clearly with a raised voice. "Lesson one, expect the unexpected. Know how to adapt."

She flails in my hold, her movements useless against my sure grip. I grinned, a wide and sinister curl of my lips. It wasn't fair of me to start like this, though she could do with a little push.

I loosened my grip into something less bruising and allowed her to break free of me. I saw her flex her hands and curl them around her weapon. My eyes narrow when I spot mistake one.

"Keep your elbows in, don't extend your arms all the way." Immediately she adjusts herself, though the movement is awkward and unsure. Whatever faint smile was on her lips dissolved.

I clenched my hands into a fist, moving swiftly I swung at her face. Out of instinct, she brings her forearms up to block her face whilst backing away. I pulled back, still landing a blow on her arms, just not enough to knock her off balance.

I shouted, my tone ruthless. "That's why you keep your elbows in! To block and defend!" I swing again with speed, she takes a step back. I studied her position, it's that of an amateur as she looks unsure. Her eyes are frantic, staring  at my tight fists. I laugh, "You can't just back away! Don't want to fall again do you?"