Explanation

.
~You tore and ripped it to shreds, spat on my heart as you didn't care. I glued back the pieces and stitched it together. The needle only made my hands bleed and blister but I was determined to have a heart dedicated to you. Despite my dedication, although I tried ever so hard. It was never enough for you. That's fine, it's okay. I'll just keep working even if I cry, I'll keep changing myself till I fit the mold you like. I'll break and readjust my bones for you. I love you, even if it costs my sanity.
.

Y/n's Pov:

It felt, nice. I've felt a lot of nice things since I've come to Ancient Greece. Though I wouldn't be feeling such things if it weren't for the people. As cheesy as it sounds, it's true.

Sure some of the gods can be pushy or overbearing. But I'd take too much care over none. Any attention at this point beats only having books to keep me company.

Me and Ares talked. Topics brought up were meaningless as the conversations held no deeper meaning. But that was honestly the best part. I didn't have to step on glass or worry about screwing up. It was just mindless talking.
Something easy to enjoy. As monotone as he sounded I could tell he enjoyed the talk as much as I did.

This is something I'm going to mark on the list of things I can appreciate about this giant of a man.

I knew from the beginning I could connect with him on some level. Although I didn't think I could feel so at ease with him.

Unfortunately our conversation was cut short when I heard a nock on the door.

We both look at each other from a second before I get up to open the door.

"Hera?" The goddess stood in front of me with hands clasped below her chest.

Her eyes drift to Ares for a second before returning to me. "Y/n, I didn't expect you to have company, forgive me on the intrusion. Though I wished to have a moment alone with you whilst helping you prepare for your super." I nod my head at her calm and carefully spoken words.

I step away from the door and turn my body to face Ares, my lips in a small frown. "Sorry...I'll see you tomorrow when I have training. Alright?"

"As you wish." His voice was raspy, and if I didn't know any better I would think he sounded disappointed. Don't worry, you're not the only one.

I doubt he'll join me with the others anyways, that's partially why I wanted to hang out with him longer. The others treat him like an outcast, not like a fellow god on occasion. In the end I can't blame him for not wanting to be around them.

He strides to the door and left without giving me a passing glance despite my eyes following him all the while. I huff, gesturing that Hera could come in. Not that she needed it with her position and all. Hell, she didn't even have to nock yet she still did. Thank you?

She roamed into the room with carful steps, sometimes I forget some of the guys were gods. But never her. She oozes strength and beauty, taking the title of goddess and shoving it in your face. I admire her confidence.

"So Ughm...what was it that you wanted to be alone for?" I felt a lump in my throat grow. A portion of the tense in my body from previously was staring to reposition itself back into my being. It was very uncomfortable. Suck it up y/n.

"Well, I thought you deserved a proper exsplantion. Not the half ass one I gave you in that meeting. And I figured I could prepare you whilst speaking." Her eyes traveled up and down my figure. "What do you say?"

"Yes, please." I release a breath I didn't know I was holding. "To be honest that explanation you gave was a bit whack." I scratch the back of my head with a doubtful laugh.