Too Many Eye's

.
~I love you. I love you-I love you-I love you. Don't look at me like that. I don't mean to cause you sadness, I didn't have the intent of making you cry. Aw, such a sorrowful look on that oh so pretty face. Please, understand if I ever hurt you. It's all because I love you. Don't listen to your friend when they say I'm toxic, don't hear your parents when they tell you I'm clingy. They just don't understand, all I ever did was love you.~
.

Y/n's pov:

I feel lighter. He's shunned and not seen as a good god by the others. I don't pity him if that's what it seems like. I've dealt with enough pity in my life to know pity feels flat out awful. Rather I feel as if I can relate to the feeling of not belonging.

This likely only fed into my attachment for him. How I feel myself wanting to be in his presence.

Being surrounded by all these new people was honestly kinda welcomed.

I've been alone for a long time. The only interactions Ive had were with customers and bosses. Not much to go off of. It was my fault I get, but that didn't make me feel any better.

So to have all these people willingly reach out to me, it felt good in an odd way. At first it was annoying, but I believe I'm starting to grow out of my shell.

I finally relaxed my grip on the weapon. My hands having idents in them from the pressure I held on it. I placed it on the desk. I felt attached to that piece of metal too for a reason unknown to me. I felt reluctant to let it go, feeling almost bare without it. Though I do anyways and return to getting ready.

I smile slightly as I quickly run a comb through my longer hair. I find a rubber band in a desk drawer and tie my hair up as it was still damp at the hair line with sweat. Ew. Eh, it'll be fine.

I'm just meeting some super powerful gods, it's not like I need to look like a god myself.

I shuffle through some more drawers and pick out an outfit. I find myself thankful that it's not only just robes, though I still miss wearing pants. The only other thing besides the various robes are long flowing dresses. I can work with this. But I'll seriously have to ask about some pants...

My feet travel back to the door as I step out, my head turning every which way before landing on Ares. The deep blue dress I wore clung to my body and wrinkled or smoothed with every movement. It fell right above my knees, grazing my skin with a cold touch.

Many questions still floated around in my mind. For example, why the hell is Hera cool with this when she ordered them to not look for me?!

But as I see Ares, how calm he seems compared to his previous tense stature; I don't have the heart to bother him with questions. At least not yet anyways.

His eyes were pinched shut and crinkled at the corners, eyebrows were drawn as he looked to be deep in thought.

"Ready to go?"

My words snap him out of whatever state he was in as he gives a brief nod of his head.

We don't say much as we walk, nothing was necessary as things felt comfortable.

Our footsteps were the only sounds in the place. The unusual silence has returned. Though I can hear Ares's breathing, his footsteps mixed with my own. So it doesn't feel lonely, instead it lets me feel content.