Flight

.
~Was it because I couldn't give you the world? Is that why you so readily threw my love in the trash? I'm sorry if the poems were cheesy. I apologize for not being able to provide you with every expensive bag you wanted. But as I worked those night shifts to make you happy, know you infected my mind. Don't worry love, I'll sell my soul to the devil if it means you'll love me once more.~
.

༺♥༻

Y/n's pov:

That. That just happened. I'm completely speechless. What the actual fuck.

My heart was beating fast and my hands were clammy. I heave a deep sigh. "Hermes, we're idiots. How the hell are the servants going to deal with it?? Won't the fire spread!?"

In all his panic he runs his fingers through his hair and laughs. The sound was infectious and a smile broke out on my face. "I'm an idiot for thinking I could cook. And I'm sure everything will be fine." There was a hint of uncertainty in his voice going against the grin he wore. "Just in case, let's get out of here."

My brows draw together. This is idiotic. Are we just going to leave the fire here? For someone else to handle when it can be dangerous?

He was already walking in the opposite direction of the room, hands interlocked behind his head as he whistled casually. My head wiped from him to the door.

A cloud of black smoke was starting to come from the bottom of the door and I could feel the heat even though it's closed.

Well...It's not like I can do anything anyway.

I sigh and jog to catch up to him.

He asked once I was by his side, "Are you still hungry?"

"Not really. I snacked on bread and random things while that whole thing was going on."

Hermes's lips are pursed, a moment goes by where he doesn't say anything as if deep in thought. "Good, I suppose." His footsteps cease, I doubt we even know where we were going to begin with. "Y/n, I have an idea."

I paused too as I looked at him; his strawberry blond hair fell in his eyes which were looking at the ceiling. There was little to no emotion on his face, no signs whatsoever of what he was thinking marked his features.

I grew more confused the longer I looked at him, "What is it?"

"Would you like to fly?" His head turned to me, a grin slowly corrupted his lips.

Did I ever mention how much I love his smile? It's so pure and has no negativity in it, reminding me of a golden retriever. His blond hair was no help.

"Wait—did you say fly?!" My eyes go wide as I search for his bluff.

He couldn't be serious. Could he?

He laughed at my expression. "Come on! It's not that difficult." Hermes reached down, sliding off his winged sandals.

"I don't even think that'll work. I'm not a god or anything like that."

Okay. Flying sounded cool as hell.

I mean, who wouldn't love the idea of being airborne with full control? The part that worries me is the falling. Falling is very bad. And now I can say for certain I have experience with that. And I am in no way looking forward to going through that again.

"Nonsense! I've given these to mortals before for tasks and all that garbage." Once both of them were in his hands he handed them to me.

I stare at the winged sandals that are now in my hands.