Falling

.
~Your jokes suck and when you fell on your face I considered you ditsy. You can't hold an educated conversation and you'll watch the same movies over and over. Annoying, you annoy me past my own belief. So iritating I want to crush you in a hug. Kiss you infinitely on those lips of yours. Hold your hands till they're burning hot and whisper to you when the stars are upon us. Like I said, you're annoying so don't think you mean anything to me. It's not like you're my waking thoughts, the last one I may believe.~
.

Y/n's Pov:

Breath was caught in my throat, unwilling to leave as I felt warmth trickle down my neck. It spread to my chest and reached the tips of my soul.

Look at me, practically a poet being around these old timey people.

But seriously.

I'm as still as a statue, Apollos lips by my ear as he holds my hands. His breath was warm and caused the hair on my arms to rise. I suppress a shudder when he speaks, "loosen up. You're a bit tense darling." His voice was velvet, silky with a smooth caress. Cool but hot air escaped his lips and sunk into my skin readily.

A bow rested in my grasp, I pulled back the sting but was hassled by Apollo because I was apparently doing it 'wrong.'

To be fair I probably was. Last time I held a bow was for PE in seventh grade. I likely looked like an idiot to someone that has perfected it.

Apollo wasted no time when he approached me despite Ares scowl. The man just protested saying it was his duty to teach me how to use one properly. Ares hesitated at this but gave a nod of his head, lips in a firm line.

He had a cheeky grin on his face as he pranced over to me smiling like the Cheshire Cat.

I flinched at first when he encased my body in his own. His arms were on both sides of me, front to my back when he grasped the bow. His hands were around mine as he guided my fingers where to go. Where to hold and place each individual one.

I relaxed into it eventually, let him do what was necessary. Yet I wondered how he could be so calm about it, like he's done it a thousand times before.

As he worked I was subconsciously aware of Ares still being present. I chose to ignore this as it made my situation no better.

While he worked I got side tracked. Looking at his skin touching my own, all the while ignoring what he was telling me. Every vein in my system was on end as he was gentle. His hands were pale, not sickly but pail. Mine was a warm color as it was kissed by the sun. The contrast was obvious and mesmerizing.

I'm still getting used to the whole friendly touch thing.

I know, I know. However you can't get rid of years of trauma in days.

Unfortunately.

I must have been tense without noticing it. That could have been the cause of his words for me to ease up.

"Y/n?" I jump from the sudden call, stumbling back I trip over a rock. I fell onto my butt, Apollo and Ares look down at my fallen figure.

Apollo snickered. "You good?"

I sigh, "yeah. I'm good."

He walked towards me, Ares a still rock on the grass. Ares looked, disappointed? I try to get up, all the while still backing away. He keeps advancing and I keep retreating. "Hey, be carful." His arms were held out in a defense yet I still kept pacing backwards.