Interrogation

"Pl-please!! I didn't do anything!!"

"Say that to the four people you murdered!"

"But I didn't! I didn't kill them! I swear!!"

"This ought to teach you a lesson—!!"

"Please!! Stop!!"

"Shut it, kid!!"

Erwin Smith was seated across Nile Dok with Hanji and Levi by his side. If Erwin was going to intervene with the capture of Red, then he'd need help from the Military Police.

"It isn't like you to let someone steal a document, Smith," Nile noted, placing his laced hands on the desk.

"The file Red stole wasn't that important. It was of them, but half of the information wasn't even acquired," Erwin replied, his back straight, and his eyes serious.

"Another killing happened today. Witnesses said that it was Red. Apparently Red had hung a young man and tied him to a street light. Before anyone could intervene to help, his neck was already pulled away from his spine," Nile explained, sliding over a piece of paper to Erwin.

"Then what do you propose we do?" Erwin asked, not taking a chance on saying anything wrong.

"We know that this assassin is high in skill, but maybe Corporal Levi would be able to handle 'em," Nile suggested, glancing his eyes over to look at him.

"That may be our best choice, however, we have no idea as to where Red will strike next. It seems their pattern isn't consistent and they target whoever they please," Erwin replied. Nile hummed and snapped his finger, causing his assistant to rummage through a bag before pulling out different papers.

"Maybe not. According to here, the people whom they've executed have all one thing in common. That is, they've all done some type of crime. It ranges from petty theft to rape and murder," Nile explained, shifting through the papers.

"Erwin. Maybe we can lure Red into coming out. Use someone who's been released from jail." Hanji turned towards the blond. Erwin thought for a moment.

"We don't know their absolute skill level yet, but that may work. Nile, do you have anyone with a criminal record that you released?" Erwin turned back to face him. Nile lightly scoffed.

"What do you take me for? Of course we do."

"So we're going to sacrifice a life just for that slim chance of capturing them?" Levi asked. Disgust was clear in his voice. He hated pointless deaths.

"Yes, but as long as we plan our moves carefully they won't get away," Erwin replied.

~
You were sitting near a small pond with Star as she was drinking her fill of water. You didn't necessarily need a horse. You could get around fine on your own, but when you have nothing to do, you get bored. You may hate humans, but you don't hate animals. Your boss didn't give you as many missions so you're free to do what you want. The room you slept in was an abandoned, broken down house that was renovated. You also had another staircase that led down to the underground hallways. You stared up at the sky and watched the sun slowly drop further down. You decided to enter Wall Rose once again and walk down the streets once it was past midnight. 

Now, you may be wondering... if you hate humanity so much, why are you just killing criminals? Good question. You don't hate every human on earth, just the ones who've done something wrong. You kill them. Despite whether or not they can atone for what they did. You've rarely killed soldiers. Which is probably why none of them have gone after you so far. You had spoken to no one verbally for over three years. At least not without your voice distorter. No one knows what your real voice sounds like. You barely remember yourself.

'Five hours and thirty six minutes.' You thought, standing up.

~
Late nights inside the walls were better than outside them. Of course, it's usually at night where people take the opportunity to break into someone's house or kill their entire family. Night was ideal for you. No bustling streets, no loud, obnoxious voices... just quiet. More crime happened in Wall Rose than Sina. Respectively, considering no nobles lived in the outside walls unless they chose to. You heard footsteps echoing the street, causing you to turn your head towards the sound of it. You stood up and jumped to it, landing on a roof. Down below, you saw a man walking around, looking around him. As if he was paranoid. Like he was expecting to get jumped. You narrowed your eyes at him.

'I know him.' You thought, jumping down from the roof and in front of him. He stopped and staggered back a little.

"Who are you?" He asked, getting in a small stance. You said nothing and brought your gun out, releasing the safety button and cocking it. "I said who are you?!" His loud voice echoed.

"I am Red," your distorted voice replied. The distorter mixed several pitches with your voice, so no one could tell what you were from your voice. He lightly gasped in fear, your voice sending tremors down his spine.

"What do you want?!" He exclaimed, his voice sounding oddly strained.

"Why are you walking alone tonight? Where are you going?" You asked him, pointing the gun at him.

"I-I wasn't going anywhere! I swear! I wasn't doing anything!!" He confessed, holding up his hands in surrender.

"Get on your knees," you ordered. He obeyed and sank down to his knees, head bowing. You walked up to him and placed the gun to his head, causing him to let out a small squeak. "If I remember correctly..." You crouched down to look at him eye level, even though a hood was blocking your eyes.

"Two years ago, your ex girlfriend broke up with you for someone else. Blinded by rage, you killed her new boyfriend and almost killed her," you said, pressing the gun harder to his head. A sob escaped his mouth, a few tear drops landing on the pavement below you. "Do you think I'm just going to... let it go?" You finished, pressing his head down into a deeper bow.

"Pl-please... have mercy..." He whimpered. You began pulling the trigger when the gun was shot out of your hand and went flying to the other side of the road. You looked up and saw none other than Captain Levi himself.

"Tch. So you're the bastard who's behind all these murders," Levi said, throwing his gun away. The man had got off his knees and ran away, screaming.

"And you're the famous Captain Levi. Humanities Strongest Soldier," you acknowledged, standing up again. "You're also the thug that roamed around the underground. Your name is still tossed around down there too. Quite impressive." Levi was extremely annoyed that you knew more about him than he knew about you, but he let that slide.

"Who are you really, Red?" Levi asked, taking a step forward.

"Who I am does not matter nor is it important. What I do, however, is," you replied as your glove hooks released themselves. You could hear squealing from a few roofs away and someone else shushing them. You never took your eyes off Levi though.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}