Infuriating

One week. One week until the wedding. Levi was practically ripping his hair from his scalp and you were on the verge of killing everyone that lived in that mansion. While the butlers and maids were alright, they kept asking you if you needed things. Their courtesy was duly noted, but you are more than capable of getting the damn hairbrush your goddamn damn self. You were sitting in the dining room with Cordelia, who was reading a book and drinking tea. It had been quiet between you two. Not that you minded. You liked and enjoyed the quiet greatly. Except you were uncomfortable. Not with the silence, but with Cordelia. You weren't the type to feel uncomfortable and admit it, but there was something about Cordelia that made you sweat.

"You have a look on your face. What's wrong?" Cordelia asked, already knowing you had been staring at her for an uncomfortable amount of time. You quickly averted your gaze from her face and stared in front of you.

"No, nothing in particular," you replied smoothly, closing your eyes when you saw Cordelia look up at you. Cordelia smiled gently at you and placed her book down, getting up from her seat and walking around the long table. She stood behind you and placed her hands gently on both of your shoulders, causing you to open your eyes slowly.

"Something's on your mind, Y/n. Would you please tell me what it is?" She asked quietly and kindly. Her voice high and airy. Even though her voice did not affect you in that way, it sounded weird coming from her mouth. You turned your head ever so slightly to the side.

"I'm curious about you and your family. Your lineage," you explained. A quick look of shock flashed across her face before it vanished and was replaced with a closed eye smile. A smile which you recognized more than anything. The 'I'm going to tell you only because I feel like I owe it to you, but it actually kills me inside' smile. You watched her pull out the chair next to you and sit down, the smile never leaving her face.

"My father married into my mother's family, so that made it impossible for him to become the head of household. My father didn't mind that at all in the beginning. When my mother had Pierce and I, my father's opinion on that changed. Pierce was never one to talk. Only occasionally when he had to, otherwise he was silent. My father wanted me to become the Head of the Hamilton family, instead of my brother who technically was born first. His favoritism towards me was starting to affect Pierce, which made him even more antisocial. When he and I turned sixteen, my father urged the two of us to marry someone and create heirs. Of course, Pierce didn't wish to do that. He wanted to meet someone he gradually fell in love with instead of meeting and having sex two minutes later," Cordelia explained, looking at you straight in the eyes.

"My father got mad at him and stripped any chances of him becoming Head. My mom disagreed with this punishment and confronted my father. The two got into a really bad argument. So much so, some of the maids and butlers went outside for a while. In a fit of rage, my father pushed my mother down the stairs. Her head hit the marble and cracked open. She died instantaneously. From then on, my brother stopped talking completely. Only nodding or shaking his head," Cordelia went on, the smile on her lips slowly leaving. "My brother blamed himself for that happening. I tried to explain to him that it wasn't his fault, but he said I only say that because I'm his sister." Her voice nothing but a whisper now. You were silent for a moment, not missing her eyes becoming glossy.

"Where is your father being held?" You asked after a minute. She made a sound of confusion before lifting her head to look at you.

"Underneath the Military Police HQ," she replied, her confusion only rising when you stood up and began to leave the room. She didn't call out to you when you got to the door. You stopped and stood there for a moment, hand hovering over the handle.

"Do you love him?"

"Huh?"

"Do you love him?" You asked firmer, turning your head slightly.

"It's hard to love someone who murdered your mother because she didn't share the same view as you."
That was all you needed to walk out that door. Don't get me wrong, you're not doing this because you like her. You're doing this because you can't stand hearing a story like that and not doing shit about it. You'll go and kill him. Mercilessly. No point in putting on the cloak and face mask. Everyone knows who you are already. Not that that mattered. All that mattered to you is getting into that cell.

~
You stood outside the HQ of the Military Police. People were outside screwing around, but not actually paying attention. The door to the HQ was ajar, which meant you didn't need to turn the handle to open it. You stayed low to the ground as you quickly ran to the door, opened it, and ducking in before anyone noticed. You've infiltrated this place enough to know where every room is. You slowly and quietly crept through the hallways, looking behind each corner and keeping your gun loaded and cocked in your hand. You hadn't done this in a while. Levi would probably scold you, but you honestly didn't care. After ducking and rolling into various different hallways, you came across a wooden door. Opening it, which wasn't even locked, you looked down the dark staircase that was only illuminated the first few steps. You looked behind yourself one last time before descending down the stairs, closing the door softly behind you. You walked down the stairs slowly so that you wouldn't slip and fall down them. When you got to the bottom, there were multiple jail cells that were lit up with torches, so it was pretty bright down there. The cells seemed empty except the one at the very back. You looked at him through the bars of the other cells so that he wouldn't see you. Pale orange hair. Black eyes.

'Bingo.'

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}