Complication

You were back in your bed down in the basement of HQ. Everyone had just automatically went to bed after today and you didn't blame them. You and Eren didn't say good night to each other like you usually did. That was good. Everyone had the expedition on their minds. Meaning they wouldn't mind you if you left. You decided to get out of bed and put on your regular attire. You only brought your gun and sword. You tried to open the basement door, but found it was locked. You sighed irritably and plucked the bobby pin from your hair and jiggled it around the lock until you heard the click. You slowly opened the door, placing your bobby pin back into your hair, and walked up the stairs. 

You entered the hallway and began to walk towards the exit as quietly as you could. You first went to the stables and grabbed Star. You usually left in the middle of the night, but with so many people around you, you had to be extra quiet. You placed the saddle on Star's back and began to mount her.

"Where are you going?"
You stopped and turned your head, seeing Levi behind you with his arms crossed. Looking closer, you noticed the slight bags under his eyes. He wasn't in his normal Survey Corps uniform. He had on black pants and a white long sleeved shirt.

"Shouldn't you be asleep, shithead?" You retorted. He rolled his eyes.

"I'll go to bed when you tell me where you're going," he replied, leaning his weight onto one leg.

"Why the fuck do you care? It's not like I'm rebelling against you," you hissed lightly, beginning to go onto her back, but a hand shot out and grabbed your wrist, pulling you back down to the ground.

"I'm in charge of you, shitty brat, it's my job to keep an eye on you." He pulled you to face him.

"Tch. I'm not going to do anything. I'm just checking something," you said quietly, slipping your wrist from his hand. He sighed, annoyed. "Don't try to miss me too much, shithead." You mounted Star and galloped out of the stables. Levi watched you leave and sighed quietly, running his hands through his hair.

"Damn brat..." He muttered.
You rode Star all the way to the gate which took about an hour. You dismounted her and patted her neck.

"Stay here," you ordered softly. She snorted in reply. You began to scale the wall like so long ago and ran to the other end and jumped. You shot your wire into a building and slowly descended back to the ground near your house. You got out your gun and began to slowly descend down the stairs. Your eyes barely saw the staircase, but you did smell a different scent. It smelt like roses and pine. Whoever it was had to be a female. Or a feminine, in the least.

Walking down the hallway, you saw your boss's office illuminated brightly. Your boss only worked in dim candle light. You may not of known him well personally, but you knew him well enough that you had remembered his working habits. You slowly looked past the doorway and saw a woman with dark hair that was tied in a bun scouring through all the papers with her back turned to you. You walked inside the room.

"Who are you?" You called out, causing the woman to turn around. As her face came into view your eyes widened. Those dull, yellow cat eyes were staring back at you with amusement and curiosity.

"Well, Red... it's been a while, hasn't it?" Her sweet, motherly voice had an undertone of venom and malice in it. The sword in your hand began clanking you were shaking so badly. Unwanted flashbacks flashed across your eyes and through your mind. You didn't even feel yourself stumbling backwards until your back hit the wall that was right outside the office. Your heart was beating miles a minute. Your legs felt as if they'd give out and break under your weight at any second. You could barely breath. Your windpipe closed on you and now you weren't breathing. The woman tilted her head in confusion. Your hood had risen above your forehead so she could easily see the unmistakable sight of terror in your eyes.

"What's wrong? You look sick," she said worriedly, slowly walking up to you. Your legs straightened immediately and you pressed against the wall harder.

"St... stay away from me..." Your voice came out hoarse and strained. It sounded weak even with the distorter. The woman laughed lightly.

"Oh dear, you know that doesn't affect me. You're like a fawn standing up for the first time," she said gently, coming up in front of you. You were shaking violently. Your body tensed even more as she slowly brought her hand up to your face and cupped your cheek. "My, how the time has changed you. I remember when you were first brought to me. So innocent. So full of life." She stroked your cheek like a mother would. Your body was paralyzed. You couldn't move. Not even your finger. Your senses were being overloaded by fear and anxiety. You thought you were going to die from a heart attack. She tilted her head slightly and brought her face closer to yours. You almost touched noses.

"Don't be afraid, Red. I'm not going to hurt you," she soothed, but that didn't change anything. She then placed her head near your ear. "At least not yet." Feeling the fabric of your hood shaking against her cheek satisfied her greatly. She smiled and moved her head back, stepping away from you.

"I just had to get some things from down here. I'll be on my way now," she explained while showing you the three documents in her hands. She gave you a closed eye smile before turning and walking back down the hall, humming to herself. You could still hear her heels click against the stone stairs until she reached outside. You finally collapsed under yourself and sat there, still overwhelmed by shock and fear. The thought of killing her hadn't crossed your mind that whole time. You were afraid of her. Why wouldn't you be? You were absolutely terrified to be touched by her, yet when she placed her hand on your cheek, you could do nothing but let her. You began to take deep breaths to alleviate the tightness and burning in your chest from when you held your breath.

'Wh-why the hell... is she here?'

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}