Conviction

"The trial for Red Ember has begun."
You were chained to the ground in front of a judge, the jury, the Military Police, the Garrison, and the Survey Corps. They had let you keep your hood, mask, and voice changer, but they stripped you of your weapons and made you change. Of course you didn't let them see what you were, whether male or female, they still didn't know. And if they did, you knocked them out.

"Your name is Red Ember, correct?" Darius Zackley asked, sorting through the papers.

"Yes," you replied. To say you were angry was an understatement. You were livid.

"That is not your real name though, correct?"

"Exactly who the fuck would name their kid Red Ember."

"What is your real name?"

"Why the fuck do you care?" You hissed out. You had changed your distorter to a deeper pitch, just to make absolute sure they didn't know what you are.

"Alright. I'll ask a simple question," Darius said, placing down the papers and looking straight at you. "You've stated, that in the ten years you've been free, you have killed over 7,000 people..." He paused.

"Where's the question?"

"Why? What made you motivated enough to kill that many people?"

"Why? Why do you think? Out of all the people who I've killed I've never once killed an innocent person. Can you guess why?"

"I'm assuming because they didn't do anything."

"Ding ding ding. You're not stupid after all." You sneered.

"Why? What motivated you into doing it?"

"You can thank the circumstances."

"What circumstances?"

"Circumstances that you wouldn't understand."

"How would I not understand it?"

"Five years..." You began. He stared at you in question.

"Five years... what?" He pushed. Your head lowered, but you never looked away from him.

"Five years that would leave anyone crazy enough to kill for fun..." You replied quietly. Darius hummed and turned towards the Military Police Commander Nile Dok.

"May I hear the Military Police's proposal?"

"Yes. I, Nile Dok of the Military Police, plan to thoroughly investigate Red's body through dissection. It's apparent that this person knows things that we do not and is capable of things no ordinary human is. The Military Police plans to thoroughly debunk Red and their identity," Nile declared, staring at you once he was done. You glared at him from under your hood, the urge to break the chains restraining you becoming stronger.

"You can suck a fucking dick," you hissed out, sounding like a snake. They thoroughly ignored you, though.

"I see..." Darius muttered. He then turned his head to the Survey Corps.

"May I hear the Survey Corps' proposal?"

"Yes. I, Erwin Smith, 13th commander of the Survey Corps, will present our proposal," Erwin began. "We of the Survey Corps, wish to induct Red as a full-fledged member. With the mix of Red's inhuman fighting skills along with Eren Jeager's Titan powers, we may be able to reclaim Wall Maria quicker than planned." Erwin glanced at you at the end as well.

"Use Red and Eren Jaeger, huh?" Darius muttered.

"What makes you think Red will cooperate?" Nile cut in. Erwin looked at him. "This morning seven Military Police soldiers were found dead in Red's cell. The door had been locked and we had to break it down to get inside." Nile glanced at you again.

"It's true that Red has killed thousands of people, however, if we're able to utilize their talent and assassin-like fighting ability, we may be able to transform Red into a Titan killing machine," Erwin shot back. You lifted your head slightly.

'Machine?' You thought, slightly irritated.

"I highly doubt you would get someone like them to behave when you don't even know their name," Nile countered.

"That is information we will learn when Red trusts us. What is known is that Red's fighting capabilities are well over Corporal Levi, Humanities Strongest Soldier."

"If Red is all that powerful then that makes them unstoppable, correct? If Corporal Levi can't stop them, who will?"
Darius hummed.

'No one, you idiot. Unless you want to try.' Your thoughts grew darker.

"Tell me, Red." Darius's voice snapped you out of your thoughts. "What would you prefer?"

"Neither. Both of them sound like major fuckfaces who don't know what the hell they're doing. I'd rather gouge my eyes out then be on one of their sides," you replied. Why is he asking you, anyways? Darius hummed once again, but there was amusement in it.

"I've decided."

~
You were standing by the window, looking out of it and onto the nearby village. The trial ended, but Erwin and the rest of the superiors stayed back because Darius had something to tell them. One of the Garrison soldiers had led you to this room so that you could wait. The door opened and Erwin, Hanji, Mike, and Levi filed themselves in.

"Red," Erwin called, causing you turn your head slightly. "Darius Zackley permitted your custody to us if we had assigned you under Levi's supervision." Your head turned towards the short man and you scowled deeply.

"Listen, Red. In order for us to keep custody of you, then we need to know who you are, where you came from, and what you are," Erwin said, a little more seriously than his last statement. Your eyes went to him next.

"Good fucking luck. With your sleuthing skills, you should be able to find information about me somewhere. I'm sure those pieces of shit in the underground could give you sources," you replied, crossing your arms.

"What other sources?" Hanji asked. You raised your lip in a sneer and turned your head to face the window again.

"Sources that someone of your caliber shouldn't be messing with." Your voice grew hard. You heard Levi click his tongue.

"As long as I'm watching you, you might as well just tell us everything. There's no point in keeping secrets from us, you bastard," he hissed, a deep glare etched onto his face. It suited him. You turned your head and pushed off the wall, uncrossing your arms and standing up straighter. You had about one or two inches above him in height.

"Why should I tell you anything, Shithead? I'm sure you have secrets kept to yourself that you wouldn't anyone else to know," you retorted, irritation rising. You rarely got angry. It would take a lot to get you angry since you're normally a patient person, but as of recently, that's been put to the test.

"Well I—"

"'Well I' nothing, shithead. You have no right to tell me to spill my secrets when you won't do so yourself, you hypocrite," you interrupted him sharply, leaning back against the wall.

"I'm sure it'll take some time before you trust us Red, but at least give us a chance. We're not as bad as you think," Erwin said gently, sending you a small smile your way. You gazed at him from under your hood.

"Whatever."

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}