Realized

Hanji opened the hatch door and you saw it was a short staircase leading down in a dark hallway. Without a qualm, you went down the stairs quietly. No one was hiding in the stairwell, but you didn't expect someone to. There was another door at the end of the hallway.

"It's clear," you called back to them. The others slowly and carefully rolled down the smoke bombs. You helped them at the bottom. Once all of the supplies were down, you walked over to the door and looked back at all of them. Once they nodded at you, you snapped out your leg and kicked the door open. You helped them roll all three smoke bombs down the stairs where they clattered to the bottom. After a few seconds of intense silence, you all ran out of the hallway with Sasha donning fire arrows. She took aim as the rest of you ran down the stairs. The bomb exploded, sending black smoke spreading through the bottom of the cave. When the smoke got heavy enough, you and Levi popped through it. You saw two of them take aim, but four green smoke signals blocked their sight of you. When you swung down close to the ground, you flew up high to the ceiling of the cave. Your eyes quickly scanned the large cavern.

'Twenty four... thirty two...' Your eyes spotted three more.

"Thirty five enemies! They're hiding behind the pillars!!" You yelled out, hooking your gear into the crystal pillars.

"Continue the plan! We'll take 'em all out right here!" Levi flew right next to you. The Interior Police all spread out throughout the cavern and you heard the whirring sound of the others joining you. Sasha and Armin stayed behind to shoot the flares. You disappeared into the smoke and watched them from down below. You heard two of them fly above you. You retracted your wires and shot them up above you out of the smoke. You felt the vibrations of it piercing into their chests. Using your momentum of falling, you pulled the two Military Police down. You whipped them down to the ground and then pulled back your hooks. They went slamming down below, a small pool of blood already forming beneath them. You heard the nearby explosion of another smoke bomb.

'Good... we've got them cornered.' You thought, flying right above the smoke. Tingles went down your spine. You turned around in the air and saw Kenny right above you, gun drawn.

"Yo! Mrs. Ackerman!" He greeted, shooting at you. You dodged by taking cover in the smoke only to pop back up. You brought out the Lunar and shot right back at him. "Woah!!" He moved out of the way by the skin of his teeth. The bullet smashed off a good chunk of crystal.

"I have a question for you, missy," he said, hovering over you. You watched him carefully from the air. "How the hell did you bring yourself to marry my good-for-nothing nephew?" He aimed at you again. You sheathed your gun and brought out your sword all in the span of three seconds. You blocked your face from the bullet.

"Wouldn't you like to know!" You replied, whipping your wire at him. He flipped out of the way, but the serrations on the wire hooked onto his clothes. With years of experience, you manipulated the wire to wrap around his leg. You hooked your other wire into the pillar and forcibly pulled him along with you. You relaxed the muscles in your arm before using a burst of strength to throw him back-first into a pillar. You unwound the wire and he went flying. Using this chance, you dove into the smoke and flew off. Normally, you wouldn't back away from a challenge--especially when they're weaker than you, but now wasn't the time to play around. You didn't have a desire to kill Kenny. You'll save him for Levi to finish off. The old man was none of your concern.

You rested on one of the pillars, letting out a puff of breath. The plan was working. It was going according, thanks to Armin's keen intellect and Hanji's planning before hand. A cry made you snap your head over to the left. Your eyes widened when you saw the brunette scientist go flying and crashing back-first into the pillar. Similar to how Kenny did. She tumbled down like a ragdoll, landing face-first on the hard ground. A trail of blood followed. Someone called out her name in shock, but you were too stunned to identify the voice. You were about to move, but stopped.

Something—no, someone entered the fray. The Interior Police stopped in their tracks. Froze. Like a deer in the headlights. You felt it. The others had to, too. The crushing pressure, like gravity pulling you all down. Your eyes widened when you felt the absolute murderous intent. Not even you could exude this feeling over a wide area. A low humming entered your ears. Your chest began to vibrate deep from your ribs.

'Bass?' You thought, gripping at your clothes. This was a demand—no, an order for everyone to stop and acknowledge the presence. You knew who this was. It couldn't be a coincidence. You heard the sounds of the Anti-Personnel equipment. You managed to look up and saw them flying over you. You brought out your gun and aimed at the main one giving orders—Traute Caven. Something beat you to it.

A black stream of blood flew by and pierced through one of the soldier's chest before throwing him to the ground. It was quick moving. A blur, but you managed to see it long enough to identify what it was.

'Black... blood?' You thought.

'The Red Eye was the oldest one of the two. The Black One came a few decades after—but it was weaker. A byproduct of trying to clone the red one. According to legends, the Red Eye was granted to Konnad Akuma. He was the first generation of the Akuma Clan and used his inhuman, demonic powers to protect the family, or so they claim. When he died, his eye was preserved and many healers soon realized the eye was not compatible with most of the clan.

A second eye was created in hopes of being compatible with more members, but instead, they created an eye that was even more selective. Throughout the years, a list of criteria has been created in order to mold a person into the perfect specimen.

Must have their emotions controlled.
Must be physically and mentally adept.
Must be willing to brandish it and use its powers.
Must be implanted into a young child.
Must not be fearful of its abilities.
Must be have Akuma blood inside of them—whether that'd be from the branch family or the main.'

"No way..." You gasped, seeing Ruby pop up through the smoke. A black ring encircled her red eye. Black blood was hovering about two feet away from her and surrounded her like a rib cage. "Ruby has... the Red Hell Eye..." Your one arm went slack against your side. Ruby used her blood to pierce another two soldiers, pulling them close to her. She grabbed the back of their necks. You took a deep breath in when your heard their cries rise to a crescendo. Their skin began turning to a pink, steaming as if they were being cooked. Like a balloon popping when it's filled with too much air, red was the only thing visible in the next second. You stopped breathing.

Black began to overtake the red. For a while there, you didn't realize. You didn't know why Ruby was here—or why she was fighting. You thought you felt a gaze on you upstairs, but you brushed it off. She was here originally because she was observing you, but now, she's fighting. She's pissed. Why? Because Hanji was hurt. That was not the only thing, however. The moment she handed you the book, you've had this feeling.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}