Recieved

"What the hell are you thinking, Erwin?! Keep the citizens in the city without evacuating?!" The one Garrison soldier exclaimed, holding Erwin by the collar of his jacket. "By the time it's dawn, that titan will be all over us!"

"That titan is an abnormal," Hanji quickly intervened. Her arm was in a sling. Which seemed weird, but you assumed it was to keep her from moving very much.

"What the hell does that even mean?!" He exclaimed to her, his eye twitching. Your eyes immediately darted over to Ruby who was coolly staring at him. She didn't do anything, though.

'She's composed.' You thought. If Levi was the one who was yelled at, you would've drop kicked him.

"The target titan is strangely attracted to high concentrations of people. Hence, abnormal," she began to explain. "It means the fellow will turn a blind eye to a small village, ignoring it in favor of reaching this fortified city. If right now, you were to evacuate the citizens within Wall Sina, it would be drawn towards them, destroying the wall and all in its path. In the end, it would reach Mitras, with the greatest density of people... and deliver a devastating blow to humanity." The faces of the Garrison soldier's changed drastically.

"On our way back, we attempted to use Eren Jaeger's power to control titans, but... Rod Reiss' titan showed no reaction."
You closed your eyes and bit back a small smile that threatened to show. You remember that quite well.

Flashback~

Eren was standing up in the middle of the cart, facing Rod Reiss' titan. You sat in front of him, watching in amusement.

"Stop, titan!" He exclaimed, punching the air. "Hey, stop! I'm talking to you! Can't you hear me, idiot?!" You almost felt embarrassed to watch him, honestly. You couldn't believe this was the idiot who asked to be your pupil.

"Rod Reiss, that means you! You tiny old man!"

Your jaw almost dropped. It didn't take long for Eren to realize what he said. You pursed your lips and looked away.

'Oh my god, what a stupid fucking idiot.' You thought, rubbing your forehead to stop the barrage of chuckles that almost forced themselves out.

Flashback end~

'I still can't believe that shit happened.' You thought, letting out a sigh to relax your facial muscles.

"If we are to stop that titan, we must do so outside the walls of Orvud District," Erwin said, "For that to happen, we must have the citizens act as bait. However, this does not change the fact that our first duty as soldiers is to protect the citizens. Supposing we're unable to halt the target, we'll take measures so that not a single citizen is killed. We'll announce an emergency evacuation drill for Orvud District, so that if needed, the citizens will be ready to evacuate at once." The Garrison soldier looked down at the ground before back up at Erwin. There was no other choice. Let everyone get eaten, or fight for a chance of survival.

"It seems there's no other choice..." He reluctantly agreed.

"The body of our target is the largest we've seen. As such, it presents an easy target. Wall mounted cannons should prove highly effective, but... if that's not enough to bring it down..." His gaze travelled across the room. First to Ruby, then to Eren, then to you. "The Scout Regiment will throw everything we have at it." You turned your head back to look at Eren. Just from his facial expression, he didn't seem too confident in himself.

~
"Y/n."

'Shit.' You cursed yourself, turning around to face her. The hall was clear, and the meeting room was down another corner. Whatever she wanted to talk about was private.

"What is it?" You asked, turning your body to face her. She didn't say anything and held out her arm. You looked down at it. "What?" 

"Explaining everything takes too long. Reading that book isn't everything there is to it," she replied vaguely. You stared at her skeptically. Ruby isn't one for underhanded tricks. If she wanted to do evil to you, she would let you know and show it in broad daylight. With a light sigh, you lifted your hand and grabbed her forearm. She did the same to you. You felt a buzzing in your head before it seemed to explode. As if you were dreaming, images flashed through your mind. People in white robes, dark cells, underground chambers, people with red hair. It all zoomed by your eyes so fast, yet you were able to comprehend and remember all of it.

"What the hell was that?" You stumbled back out of her grip and placed a steadying hand on the wall behind you.

"Memories of the Hell Eye. Both of them. The journal you read only covered a small portion of what really went on," she explained, walking up to you. "Do you remember how you were chosen for the Hell Eye?" 

"Yes, I won in the fighting pit," you replied, forcing the bitterness down your throat.

"Do you remember the boy you fought during the end?"

"Where are you going with this?"

"That same boy is working against you and trying to kill you."
You silenced yourself.

"I don't remember much, but... I remember his eyes were a really beautiful dark teal." The word 'beautiful' was not a word you said often. More rare than rarely, actually. A hum left Ruby's mouth. From the way she was gazing at you, she was reading you.

"Dark teal, huh?" She repeated quietly. "Your Black Eye is much weaker than mine, but it could be much stronger than what it is if you learned how to utilize it." 

"I know, I just don't know how to. I've never focused on polishing that power," you replied, rubbing your thumb over your eyelid.

"If you want to push your eye even further, you have to activate your fight or flight response," she told, pressing her finger against your chest. Pressing a little harder, her dual colored gaze stared into yours. Adrenaline suddenly began to pump through you.

'Fight!' You whirled around and attempted to backhand her, but she blocked your arm with hers.

"See?"
Your eyes snapped open when you felt the familiar tingling in your skull.

"Your fight or flight response only occurred because you sensed me as a threat that was stronger than you. Before this, you've never met someone more dangerous than you." She pushed your arm away and you took a step away from her. "I've noticed a change in you since I arrived here. You feel inferior to me."

"Not inferior," you quickly corrected. You sure as hell was not getting called inferior to your face. 

"Whatever it may be, you realized that I would beat you in a one on one fight. Since we first met, you sensed something off about me," she added.

"I knew you were strong from day one. I tried to avoid getting into any arguments with you," you explained.

"Hanji does not like it when I get into confrontations with people, so I try not to."
You watched her turn and walk back down the hallway, waving a hand over her shoulder.

'How nice.' You thought, putting your one hand in your pocket. You rubbed your eye with your fingers and let out a sigh. She wasn't that far off.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}

If you want to read the journal yourself, here: https://www.quotev.com/story/11279957/Kaias-Ancient-Journal/1

Copy, paste, enjoy! Took me two days to write it approximately.