Clueless

Pssst... hey. Copy and paste the link, pussy. I dare you. I double dog dare you. I triple dog dare you

https://teespring.com/stores/ruby-r

~
Levi left your side to walk over to where Armin and Sasha were resting. Levi set off a green flare, confirming Armin was awake and okay. You turned around and walked up next to Levi. You looked down at Armin who looked rather haunted. Eren probably caught him up.

"Is he up to speed?" Your eyes landed on the small puddle of vomit on the blanket. "I'll take that as a yes."

"Why... did you pick me?" Armin asked quietly. You rolled your eyes slightly. "No matter how you look at it, wasn't Commander Erwin the right one to bring back?" Armin looked up at Levi.

"Captain! Why did you give me the injection?!"
Levi tch'd and lightly kicked Eren's back.

"I told you to tell him everything," he said, "The thing is, it seems your two friends here didn't think that way. They stood up to me... prepared to draw blood."

"Huh...?"

"We'll take whatever punishment comes," Eren said. Your lips twitched into a smirk.

"You'll be disciplined for insubordination, but..." Hanji trailed off, "Does taking the punishment allow you to do anything?"

"... no..." Eren looked down.

"However," Levi continued, "The final decision to choose you was mine... no. I chose this to be the place where Erwin dies."

"I don't understand..." Armin said, "There's no way it's okay to let Erwin die. If the commander is gone, how... how will we go on?"

"I'm about to beat the living shit out of you," you said, shaking your head. The others looked up at you in slight shock.

"Y/n!" Hanji said, a cross between scolding you and being surprised.

"Erwin's dead. There's no use wallowing. The Survey Corps will adjust. You have no choice." You turned your body to face the blond. "Erwin trusted the choice to Levi. And Levi chose you. Get your shit together, quit your bitching, and learn to adapt." It was harsh, yes... but it was the truth.

"Erwin's life and a titan's power rests on your shoulders," Hanji said, "No matter what anyone says, that's a part of who you are now, Armin."

"Does that mean... I need to be... Erwin's replacement?"

'Oh boy, here we go.' You thought, sighing lightly.

"Don't get me wrong," Levi spoke, "You'll never be Erwin's replacement. But... I know you have a strength that nobody else has but you." You raised your brows slightly, but turned your head away to hide your surprise.

"I won't regret my decision. However..." Levi placed his hands on top of Mikasa's and Eren's heads. "Don't make these guys regret it. Nor anyone else. And don't regret it yourself, either. That is your mission."

~
You, Eren, Levi, Hanji, and Mikasa went to go investigate Eren's house in Shiganshina. The rest of them scouted from the walls. You jumped off the wall first, dive bombing towards the ground faster than the others. You shot your hooks into a house and swung yourself. You released your wires and landed onto the ground. You turned your head and waited for the others to join you. Once they joined you, all five of you began to walk. You looked around the abandoned district. Not a soul or corpse in sight.

"Hey, where's your house?" Levi asked Eren.

"Ri-right..." Eren replied, leading you in the direction. You got to, what looked to be, a small fountain in the town center. It was a leisurely walk, but Eren and Mikasa stopped in front of a house that was crushed by a large rock.

"Is this it?" Hanji asked. The two of them didn't answer. They were probably remembering the good, the bad, and the worse.

"Luckily, the fires didn't make it that far," Hanji said, inspecting it. You looked around it as well, but didn't touch anything. Eren and Mikasa did that. You were on the other side of the house, just staring at it.

"Hey! Y/n!" You heard Hanji call. You quickly walked to the other side of the house to see them trying to roll a boulder off of the basement door using long wooden beams.

"Can you help us?" She asked. You rolled your eyes.

"All of you are a pain in my ass," you said, walking over to them. You placed your hands on the boulder and proceeded to roll the rock away like it weighed nothing.

"Thanks," Eren said, kneeling down. He grabbed the knob to the basement and lifted up the door. A dark set of stairs greeted you. Hanji, luckily, pulled a flashlight out of her ass miraculously.

"That's a relief. It's not flooded with water," she said. You were the first one to walk down. Levi followed close behind you and so did everyone else. When you got to the bottom of the steps, all of you just stood in front of the door. You looked at Eren.

"Are you gonna unlock the door, or do I have to kick it in?" You asked.

"Sorry," he said. He held the key and placed it in the lock, fiddling with it. He then let out a gasp.

"What's wrong?" Hanji asked.

"Eren?" Mikasa called.

"Hurry it up," Levi said. You stood still and watched him.

"This... this key... it doesn't go to this door..." He said quietly.

"What?" Hanji gasped.

"You're kidding... I'm certain that's the key Dr. Jaeger had," Mikasa said.

"Move your stupid ass," you said, pushing him out of the way. "I'll open it."

"Huh? Wait..." Ignoring Hanji, you punched your fist through the wood. Grabbing the door from both sides, you ripped it off of the wall, even with the lock in place. You've done it a million times.

"Hold up..." Hanji trailed off. You leaned the door against the stairwell wall. You looked back at everyone.

"It's open," you said. Levi didn't show it, but he was hella impressed(and slightly turned on). You five entered the basement and looked around. It looked like a doctor's study, or lab. Of course, Dr. Jaeger was a doctor. You looked around at all the medicine vials and bottles. You moved on to the desk.

'He may of been smart, but he wasn't slick. A desk is the number one spot for hiding things.' You trailed your hand across every surface. Your fingers were running alongside the side of the desk when your finger dipped into a keyhole. You crouched to look at it.

"Eren," you called, "There's a keyhole." The others gathered around you and you gave Eren room to kneel in front of it.

"Eren," Hanji said. Said boy nodded and slowly inserted the key, turning it.

"It opened," he said. He pulled the secret drawer open to reveal... and empty drawer.

"It's empty?!" He exclaimed.

"Look closer, dumbass." You nudged him out of the way. "It's a false bottom, obviously." You slid your hands across the interior and lifted the piece of wood out of the way, revealing three books. They were unlabeled. The smell of peppermint oil and charcoal hit your nose right away.

'Oh... Jaeger is smarter than I thought.'

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}