Controlment

You followed Rhea left and right, never giving way and never losing her. You heard the familiar gear behind you, signaling Levi was following you. Damn, that woman has stamina. Levi would have caught up easily to Rhea, except it was smarter to keep his distance from her. He didn't know what she was capable of. In fact, he was more in awe of you. You had only received a five minute break from fighting titans for hours on end, yet here you are, participating in a chase.

'That woman is just... damn.' Levi thought.
Rhea turned her head behind herself to see Red Ember and Humanities Strongest Soldier following her. Perfect. Just as she had planned. Her left eye attained a purple glowing ring around her iris. Thumping footsteps came from next to you. You looked over your shoulder and saw a titan running at the speed of light to her.

'Where did that come from?' You thought, shock evident on your face. Rhea ran in line with the titan and jumped on its shoulder, letting it take her to her destination. The titan began to run faster than you could maneuver. Your eyes narrowed in anger until you felt and arm around your waist.

"Leave me alone!"
Your eyes widened and you immediately began to squirm out of his grasp.

"Oi, calm down," you heard Levi's voice say. You stopped and breathed out, trying to calm down.

"What are you doing...?" You asked quietly.

"Maneuver gear is faster. You'll never catch up to it on foot," he said, landing on the roof and letting you down.

"Get on my back," he ordered. You stared at him.

"How are you going to maneuver?" 

"I'll be fine. Just do it. We're wasting time," he ordered again. You sighed and positioned yourself on his back.

"If you fall, and we die, I'm blaming you," you hissed, wrapping your arms around his neck and latching your legs around his waist.

"Whatever."
He blasted off and you closed your eyes from the sudden whiplash. You weren't used to going so fast. Your hair whipped around in your face from the speed and you could barely see, though you weren't going to risk letting go and making him falter. You have to admit you weren't familiar with close contact like this, but you also didn't not like it. With the wind blowing towards you, you were able to breathe in his scent.

'He smells good...' You thought. You looked past Levi's shoulder and saw the titan coming closer.

"Hey, Shithead! If you get me closer I'll be able to kill it!" You yelled to him. He looked at you and nodded. You released your arm from his neck and aimed it at the titan. You shot your wire where it hooked into the titan's shoulder.

'Yes.' You thought. You let go of Levi and swung down towards the ground and swung up towards the titan. You got out your sword and impaled the titan to stay on it.

"Well... I never expected you and Humanities Strongest Soldier to team up against me," Rhea looked down on you with a smirk. You glared up at her with so much fire in your eyes, Rhea thought she saw a spark.

"Whatever you're planning, Shithead and I will stop it," your voice rang up to her. She lightly scoffed.

"Plan? What plan? The titan horde was my plan. I'm winging it at this point," Rhea replied smugly. Your eyes widened. Rhea's smirk grew at your confusion and realization.

"Kill her."
The titan stopped and roared, falling down to the ground shoulder first to try and squash you. You jumped off of the titan before it fell and rolled onto the ground. The titan got up and ran over towards you. You jumped and slid away further. You unsheathed your guns and aimed it at the eyes, shooting them out to let Levi finish killing it off. Levi landed next to you with his swords still drawn. Rhea calmly walked to the front of you, the smirk never leaving her face.

"Who knew... Humanities Strongest Soldier... the man who've killed more titans than anyone. The man who's working with Red Ember. The person who's slaughtered more people than titans have eaten," Rhea acknowledged, turning to look at the both of you. Glancing at Levi you knew he felt uneasy. He just didn't show it. "What? No comeback? No retort?" Your eyes narrowed down to a glare.

"I couldn't give less of a shit what you want. Someone like you isn't welcomed here," you called, causing her to turn her head to you.

"Awe... you say that to your mother? The one who cared and did everything for you?"

"You're a not parent. Parents are supposed to care for their children," you replied back, "You're an asshole parent if you rub in your child's face what you've done for them! You're supposed to do that shit for them!" Your irritation was rising.

"I see..." Rhea said quietly, her hair softly tussling in the wind. "Then... allow me do one more act of kindness and let you travel to the next life. With me!!" Bullets were shot at you, but you grabbed Levi and jumped back, deflecting a few of them with your sword. You pushed Levi behind you and brought out your gun, shooting at her as well. She dodged and and ran at you with a sword drawn. You ran at her and clashed against her. Sword against sword, the metal blades crashed with sparks flying from the steel. Rhea shot at your feet, causing you to jump. Taking that opening she slashed her sword at you, but you barely dodged and slid back. Levi softly grabbed your arm this time and pulled you back before you could attack her again.

"Let me fight her," he said, looking at you with dead serious eyes.

"What? She's obliviate you!" You exclaimed back. Levi narrowed his eyes. "Not to mention you don't know how to fight with swords." You slipped your arm out of his hand.

"You've been fighting non stop. Let me deal with her."

"She'll kill you, Shithead! I'll finish her off and you can just back me up in case," you bargained, your face stoic, but your eyes pleading for him to stay back. His face as a whole softened. He didn't want you to fight her. The risk of you getting hurt or dying was too great. He'd rather be the one to die than you.

"You can't go." His voice was like a whisper.

"Why?"

"Because if you do, you'll die, that's why."

"Why the hell would you care what I do?"

"Idiot, just trust me on this! It's too dangerous to go alone!"

"She'll just kill you too, asshole!"

"Then at least I'd die protecting you instead of sitting on my ass!"

"Why?! Why the hell are you so concerned with me?! Why aren't you just minding your business?!"

"Because I love you, dammit!!"

Ja ne!

   {Ruby Red}