Screwed

The rest of the Interior Police had retreated and gotten away—well, Ruby let them get away. She still killed two of them, though. You maneuvered down after Ruby and watched her flip Hanji to her back.

"Ruby..." Your voice carried. There was an undertone to it. One that you couldn't put your finger on. It didn't sound like you.

"Does it really surprise you?" Ruby questioned, pressing her fingers against Hanji's shoulder. "If you read the book cover to cover, you should know. The Akuma played a large part in its developments."

"But how did you get it? That eye was said to be uncontrollable," yu said, your eyes narrowing at her.

"It's not. You just need to be very selective when it comes to finding a vessel."

"Hanji!" You heard Levi call. The others dropped down behind you, somewhat out of breath.

"Is she alright?" Armin asked, moving around Ruby to look at her.

"Yes. She's unconscious, but it's not as serious as it could've been," she replied. Her head turned to Levi. "You don't have time. Follow them." You could tell he was a little ticked at getting ordered by an outsider, but there was no time to argue. Especially when she's right. The others took off before you, Levi in the front.

"When were you going to tell me?" You asked, watching her carefully pick up Hanji bridal style.

"I wasn't going to so soon, originally, but it seems like it can't be helped." She stood up. "Go. I'll be right behind you." She jerked her head to the side. You stared at her for a few seconds before wordlessly taking off after the rest of them. It didn't take long to enter a tunnel-like passageway. You retracted your hooks and landed next to Levi, your feet splashing in a puddle of water. Or you hoped it was water. In front of you was a large opening, but it was covered by a heavy duty net.

"Give me a break," you hissed, letting the steam hiss out of your gloves. You looked up to the right and saw a small hole that was covered by wood beams. The others followed your gaze.

'That's got to be an exit.' You thought. You looked back over to the opening.

"For fucks sake," you cursed, hand sneaking to your guns. What stopped you was a bright, golden light emitting from the next cavern. You squinted your eyes slightly.

"A titan transformed?" Levi wondered out loud.

"Eren!" Mikasa exclaimed. Blasts of wind came through next. Strong gusts made you all duck to the ground. You looked behind you to see Ruby walking to you all like it was the easiest thing in the world. It didn't even look like she was struggling.

"Th-this place is gonna collapse!" Sasha warned, looking up at the crystal pillars which were slowly cracking.

"Captain!" Armin called. Said man turned around. "The hole!" The blond said, pointing upwards. The wood was blown away and left it gaping open.

"Ruby! Take Hanji and get the hell out of here!" He ordered, standing up.

"Armin, Moblit! Come with me," he ordered, holding out her wrist. Black blood shot out and attached itself to the outside of the hole. She slowly was pulled up. The others quickly piled in after her with Armin and Moblit splitting apart and going with Ruby. You all ran through the top of the cave before coming to a small opening. It looked like a goddamn lightbulb in there. Up on the ledge where Eren was tied down, you all saw Historia go flying backwards from the wind. Mikasa moved fast, quickly flying over there and sliding before Historia was slammed against the wall. You and Levi were the next two to land.

"Give me the stupid keys!" You ordered, holding out your hand. Historia threw them to you and you caught them. Jean grabbed Eren's right arm, Connie slowly slithered over and stopped near his feet. You worked on his left arm, quickly unlocking the cuff. "Connie, hurry it!" You handed him the keys. He took them from you and began to work on the cuff holding his leg down.

"Forget about me! Captain! Hurry and escape!" Eren exclaimed towards you.

"Oh, piss off, you topless piece of shit! You got us into this goddamn mess! Deal with the fucking consequences!" You yelled back.

"He's loose!" Connie exclaimed, handing Jean the keys. You all looked up and saw the creation of a titan. A titan that was way bigger than what the Colossal Titan was. The ribcage pressed against the ceiling, breaking the crystal in large chunks. Your eyes were drawn to those falling pieces.

"Look out!" Mikasa's voice yelled. You could hear the clinking of the chains and immediately knew he was free.

"Move!" You ordered, pulling Eren back with the assistance of the others. The large hunk of crystal smashed into the ledge right after you moved out of the way. You dragged him back all the way to the wall before letting him go. You pressed your back against it and looked around the cavern.

'Really dumbass!? Ten years of getting yourself out of sticky situations and you get even get yourself out of this one, dammit!?' You thought. To be fair, you've never had to deal with a titan situation of this caliber. At least you were prepared for another scenario like this.

"Shit! There's no way out!" Jean exclaimed.

"Hey, Miss Y/n! Don't you have an idea or something!?" Connie yelled over to you.

"My specialty is with humans, not titans, Shitwad!" You called back, frustrated as well. Although, there was no solid plan from anyone. A situation like this is hard to get out of, even for a pro. You saw Eren collapse to the ground from next to you.

"I'm sorry, everyone..." He cried, "I've been nothing but useless... ever since the very beginning, I was never the hope of humanity." You let out a sigh and turned your eyes back to the flashing yellow light in front of you.

"What's this? Think you're some tragic hero?" Jean asked, "When have you ever accomplished anything by your own strength alone?"

"What a weakling. We've been through much worse than this," Connie added.

"Not that I wanna get used to it!" Sasha said dramatically.

"I must say, compared to this, other situations have been so boring. Thanks for making life a little more interesting," you said, an amused smirk on your face.

"Still, it's going to suck trying to navigate through all of that," Connie explained.

"I'll take Eren," Mikasa said immediately.

"It's useless. We can't escape," Eren said.

"Oh piss off with that shit talking mouth of yours. You wanna sit here and do nothing? Embracing each other until we get crushed of barbecued?" You questioned, glaring at him from the corner of your eyes. "Why? because you and Historia are enemies of humanity?" Your eyes narrowed.

"You know, I hate doing this to you every time, but... Eren." Levi turned his head to look at the brunette. "You've gotta make the choice." There was only a few seconds of hesitation before he grabbed the bottle from behind him and ran towards the ledge with a battle cry.

"Eren!" Mikasa called after him. You saw him place the bottle in his mouth before he shattered the glass and drank some of the liquid inside of it. Another ball of golden light emerged from where Eren jumped.

'Give me a goddamn break!' You thought.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}