Mobilized

You all watched on as Eren's titan form emerged from the light, crouched down to the ground. Crystal stretched out from him like branches, and spread out through the cavern. A dome-like barrier was created to protect you all from the falling rubble.

"Everyone! Get underneath Eren!" Levi ordered, running ahead. You and the others quickly followed him and jumped down below his titan form. As more rubble fell down, Eren let out a roar.

'This is better than nothing, I suppose.' You thought, staying close to his legs. The trembling of the collapsing cavern shook you all. You hated to admit it, but you've never been in a situation where you didn't know what to do, or didn't have a way to escape. The fact that you had to rely on another person's power ticked you off, but you had no choice. The trembling soon stopped, as did the falling crystals and stone. You quickly slipped away from Eren when you felt a coldness glide across your back. You looked up and saw his titan form slowly hardening itself into crystal, like a statue.

"Eren!" Mikasa called.

"What the hell's happening?" Connie exclaimed. You held out your arm to stop the raven haired girl from rushing in.

"Wait. Let it finish," you ordered. She didn't protest. Once it completely turned to crystal, you let her go and she zipped up to where his nape was. She took out her blade and began to chip away at it. Jean joined her and helped, wasting his blade.

"Eren! Eren!" She dug away at it, bit by bit. You didn't make any move to help her, neither did anyone else. Sooner than later, she carved an outline of him before hollowing out the hole.

"Eren! Eren! Eren!!" With a final jab, she pulled him out from the nape.

"Eren!" Jean yelled. You walked to the back of the titan and held out your arms. Mikasa gently lowered Eren in them. Levi gave you an annoyed look, but you just glared at him to shut up. Jealous of a fifteen year old boy. God give you strength. You walked to the front of the titan and slowly sat him down, keeping him propped up. The others soon gathered around him as he fully regained consciousness.

"Oi, you awake?" You called to him. He didn't verbally answer, but he nodded his head.

"That's what I call hardening," Levi said, looking up at the crystalized titan. "Even after cutting you away, the titan hasn't disappeared." He looked behind him and at you.

"Pretty impressive, yeah?"
You let out a scoff.

"You sound as if you did it yourself," you said, slightly amused.

"Oh yeah! Right before I turned into a titan, I drank that 'Armor' bottle..." Eren said.

"Yeah," Levi said, taking a few steps closer to him. "You couldn't do it at all before now, but you used the hardening power. And saved all of us. In the blink of an eye, you devised and built all of this. Yeah, the construction looks shoddy, but...I bet that's how the walls were made, too. In other words..." Levi crouched down in front of him.

"It's possible for us to plug that hole in Wall Maria now."
You looked at Levi.

"A lot of enemies and allies have died on the way, and getting this far hasn't been pretty, but for as ugly as it's been, look at the position we're in now."
You looked away from him.

"Captain! Miss!" You heard Sasha call. You looked up and saw her descending down from a hole in the ceiling.

"We've secured an exit!" She informed. Connie appeared after her.

"Armin's safe! Hanji, Ruby, and Moblit, too!" He notified.

"Well done," Levi called back to them. When the two touched the ground, Sasha came running over to you all.

"Eren!" She called in what seemed to be relief. "You okay?" Connie wasn't that far behind her. Sasha fell to her hands and knees in front of Eren, her head down.

"We're all safe, thanks to you!" She said. "But to be perfectly honest, when you ran off prancing while crying like a baby... I thought we were doomed! 'It's over, over! Get it together, nincompoop! Quit bawling like a snotty-nosed brat!' is what I thought."

"You and I both," you spoke up flatly.

"Hey..." Connie said nervously to you two.

"Let's go," Levi ordered, "We're going after that big-ass titan."

~
You were the first to exit out of the hole. Levi followed you after that. Standing on the actual ground and not some titan crystal was somewhat of a relief for you, but that was short lived. Out in the distance, through the clouds of steam, you saw... something... crawling away from you.

"What in the sick fuck is that?" You murmured. Levi joined you at your side.

"That's Rod Reiss," he said.

"No shit, I know that," you replied, "But it's so hideously deformed. I've never seen a titan that ugly before."

"Now's not the time for jokes."

"I never joke." You two turned your heads and locked your gazes on one another. "Where's Ruby and Hanji?" You broke your stare to look back at Moblit.

"Over there." He jerked his head to the left. Both you and Levi turned your bodies to see Ruby kneeling over her, gently tending to her wounds.

"Who knew Ruby could be soft," you said blandly. The horses and wagon seemed to be fine through this whole ordeal. Thankfully, you put them far enough away before all of this. It took a few minutes, but you managed to get everyone together. You also retrieved another shirt for Eren. Hanji was lying in the wagon with Ruby right next to her. You were in the cart across from the dark red-haired female.

'Her expression is a lot softer than earlier.' You thought, staring at her dual-colored eyes.

'That expression from earlier...' You recalled back in the crystal cave when Ruby killed those two soldiers.

'That was one of pure, murderous intent. No one would've gotten away...' Your hands tightened around themselves.

'Not even me.'

"Erwin." Levi's voice brought you out of your thoughts. You saw the white horse trot up to the side of the cart with the one-armed man on top.

"Everyone all right?" He questioned.

"Hanji's our only casualty." Levi rode his horse next to him. The scientist raised her hand in greeting, blood coating her fingers.

"Don't move too much," Ruby ordered, gently grabbing her wrist and lowering her arm.

"Seems like nothing too serious. Well done, everyone." Erwin's gaze travelled to Ruby. "It's nice to see you again."

"The pleasure's all mine." She slowly nodded her head at him.

"I've got a slew of things to report, but first..." Levi trailed off.

"What's that titan?" Erwin asked him.

"It's Rod Reiss," Levi replied. You heard Erwin let out a quiet gasp.

"I think we'll need your call on this, Commander," Levi added. Erwin moved his eyes to look at Historia and Eren.

"Regardless, we don't have time to stand here and chat. Return to Wall Sina," he ordered, turning his horse around.

"You're going to let that big ass crawl right up to the wall?" Levi questioned.

"To Orvud District, actually," Erwin corrected, "That's most likely where it's headed."

'Great.' You thought with a sigh.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}