Changing

You stood in front of a mirror hanging in your room with a knife in your hand. You grabbed your hair and placed the blade near it. You closed your eyes as you sliced through your hair and let the loose strands fall to the floor. (Have short hair? No problem! Just ignore this part and don't fucking comment. Are you a male/not cis? No problem! Just ignore this part and don't fucking comment2.)
You ruffled your short hair and smiled lightly. Fighting will be a lot easier now. No more hair whipping around in your face. You looked back at your bed that held the clothes that you, and the seamstress, stayed up all night making. You walked over to the bed and picked up the dress, looking at it. Shit... you were gonna be hot as fuck. You stripped off your clothes and put on the new ones, zipping up the boots and pulling on your gloves. You placed your thigh belt around your leg and placed your guns and knives in it, as well as everything else.

 You placed your thigh belt around your leg and placed your guns and knives in it, as well as everything else

You walked out of your room and strode down the hallway like a motherfuckin queen

You walked out of your room and strode down the hallway like a motherfuckin queen. It's been a while since you've felt so confident. It made you feel unstoppable. Entering the dining hall, Cordelia spotted you before Pierce. Her eyes popped out of her skull.

"Ooh~ look who's being all sexy," she sang out, standing up and walking over to you. She stopped and looked at you up and down, the smile never leaving her face. Her eyes then landed on your hair. She stared at your hair longer and slowly brought her hand up to it, running her fingers gently through your silky locks. "Wow... I never expected you to wear a dress." She smirked, removing her hand and letting it drop back to her side. You crossed your arms and leaned your weight onto your one leg. 

"I don't mind dresses as long as they're dark in color," you replied. Since the time you first came here until now, you, Cordelia, and Pierce have slowly grown closer to each other. Of course, you're still not happy with this whole marriage shit, but as this point... wait... didn't Cordelia say if you didn't marry her, her and Pierce she would kill Levi and expose you? Since you and Levi are back to hating each other, it really wouldn't matter anymore, right? Right? You heard a laugh before Cordelia placed her finger under your chin and lifted your head that was lowering without your knowledge.

"What's wrong? You have such a disgruntled expression on... it's worrying me." She sighed, looking at you with a soft expression. You didn't respond only because you were thinking. If you back out of the proposal now, at this point, what would happen? Would Cordelia live up to her promise? Or will knowing you better affect it?

Spite him.

A new thought crossed your mind. Your whole life you never let someone drag you down and through the mud. You continued to thrive and prosper. Never once sparing a glance at those who've done you wrong. Your face immediately changed into one of determination. You would spite the shit out of him. You slowly closed your eyes and breathed out slowly, relaxing your tensing body. Cordelia tilted her head in confusion at your actions.

"The wedding is in four days, correct?"

"Huh? Yeah, why?"
You grabbed her hand and began to pull her with you. A blush appeared on her face as she constantly kept glancing back down to your intertwined hands. She never expected you to switch like that. In fact, she never expected you to talk to her at all. You dragged Cordelia all throughout the manor and exited through the back and into the garden. Yes, they had a garden.

"Why are we here?" She asked, looking around questioningly.

"There's something I want to show you," you replied, dragging her over to the white roses.

~
"Squad Leader?" Moblit asked Hanji who was slouched over her desk.

"It's hopeless..." She whispered, though it was more to herself.

"Ha-Hanji-san?"

"That idiot..." Hanji began, squeezing her hands so tightly together a crack sound resounded. "... Levi..." She raised her head. Moblit yelped in fear at Hanji's glare. If anyone was scarier than you and Levi, it was Hanji for sure. Hanji pushed back from her desk and stood up. She stomped out of her room. Moblit didn't even try to stop her. He's never seen Hanji so mad before. It terrified him. She was basically whispering murder under her breath.

~
You stood above the white rose with Cordelia next to you. You raised your hand and bit into your thumb, drawing blood. You held your hand over the flower and let the blood drip onto it. The rose absorbed the blood like a sponge and dyed it a reddish white/pink color (check media). You carefully dug up around the stem and pulled it out, so that the roots came up with it, so it wouldn't die. You shoved the rose in front of Cordelia without looking at her. She turned as red as the flower, but shyly grabbed it from your hand. She played with the petals for a moment, feeling slightly bad for what's been happening to you. Unbeknownst to you. Maybe she would actually feel bad for someone for once.

"Just place the damn thing in water. With the roots it shouldn't die, but we'll see," you instructed, standing up straight. Cordelia nodded and held the rose close to her chest.

"Alright... thank you," she said quietly.

"Don't mention it."
You turned around and walked back into the house without another word. Something was bothering you, and it wasn't the argument you had with Levi. Something was telling you something bad was going to happen. Not to you, in particular, but something else. You stopped, halting the clicking that your heels were creating. Your ears began ringing violently, but you didn't react nor did you flinch. It seems Rhea left a bigger impact on you than you originally anticipated.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}