Resentment

"... what?"
The only word that was able to come out of your mouth was filled with emotions. One word that held so many feelings Elijah thought he was going to cry. He swallowed the saliva that built up in his mouth.

"Sh-she illegally changed her name and her appearance. M/n was apparently abused by her husband for years, but... no one believed her," he explained deeper, his voice quieting. "The abuse allegedly got so bad... her mind began to warp to her husbands desires and goals. He was the one who joined the cult and kidnapped dozens of children to experiment on." His voice became a whisper and each word strained and grated. You had not said a word the entire time. Elijah didn't know whether to go on or stop. He was afraid that if he stopped talking, you would beat the shit out of him, but if he continued, you'd probably beat the shit out of him either way. He hesitated, hearing you take a deep breath in.

"What... what was... the husband's name...?" You asked quietly. He almost didn't hear it.

"I believe it was... F/n L/--"
The sound of your hand slamming against the stone ground startled him. He jumped back when you shot up from your position and stomped out of the room despite your broken ribs and other injuries.

"Wait!! Red—wait!!" Elijah called after you, trying to get up, but the tightening pain in his chest forced him to sit back down. 

That's it. That was the final straw. You made up your mind. Your emotions were sucked back in. No remorse, no regret. Walking down the hallway it was nothing but the sound of your bare feet against the floor. The hallway was dim, but that didn't faze you.

"No-no!! Get away from me!!"
Your pace faltered as you looked over your shoulder and saw a young girl running towards you. Her eye was wide and full of tears. Her left eye was removed and only the bloody socket was left. Behind her were four cult members, chasing her with chains and ropes. Your own eyes widened, adrenaline rushing through your veins. Panic flooded through your brain and you immediately turned around and began running, your cuts and bruises lightly throbbing. The more frantic you became the more you began to see things and hallucinate.

"Get away from me!"
Your breathing became heavy and uneven, your eyes darting from side to side in paranoia.

"Let go of me!!!"
You clenched your eyes shut and placed your hands over your ears to silence the screams and laughs. You tripped over your own feet and landed on the ground, rolling to the side and landing in fetal position.

"Get away from me..." You whispered, squeezing tighter into a ball.

"Awe... are you having trouble?"
Your eyes snapped open and you screamed, instinctively punching your arm out. There was a crash before your eyes had focused. Rhea was leaning against the wall like a ragdoll. The wall behind her was cracked and dented. Your shaking had not ceased and you had not moved from your position. Rhea's head slowly lifted from its limp position and a small chuckle escaped her lips.

"Amazing... even when you're curled up in a ball like a frightened mouse, you're still able to punch with so much force..." She sighed happily, giggling at the end that sent torrents of chills down your spine.

"Wh-when were you... going to tell me...?" Your shaking voice asked her, your pitch rising and lowering due to the violent trembling of your body. A smile crossed her face, though she made no move to try and get up.

"What are you talking about?" She asked sweetly, her motherly voice never ceasing.

"Wh-why are you doing this... mom...?" Your voice lowered to a whisper, your eyes brimming with tears, though you refused to let them drop. The burning and tightening sensation in your chest could go on forever, yet you would still refuse to let one tear drop to the ground.

"Oh dear... it seems you found out... what? Did Elijah tell you? I knew I should've put the bullet through his head and not his chest," she said with a smile. "Yeah, I wasn't going to tell you, actually. I was hoping Elijah wouldn't say anything, but it seems I was mistaken."
You attempted to calm down your breathing, which worked somewhat.

"How? That day... those people... they killed dad right on the spot, didn't they?" You asked, remembering the amount of blood you saw.

"F/n wasn't killed. He was just temporarily dead. One of those special poisons that stops your heart for only a couple of hours," she explained, smiling at the thought. Shouts and exclaims were suddenly heard down the hallway, causing you and Rhea to turn your head. Rhea cursed under her breath and slowly got up, limping back into the shadows before she got caught. Your eyes followed her.

"Wait—!" You exclaimed, trying to get up. Your legs were too shaky and weak to even support your weight so you went crashing back down onto the floor. "You still haven't... told me..." Your voice was a whisper.

"Y/n! Thank god we found you!!" You heard Hanji exclaim in relief, sliding to her knees next to you. She placed her hand on your shoulder, but you immediately slapped it off.

"Don't... just don't touch me... please..." You said quietly, sitting up and keeping your head down. She stared at you for a moment before slowly nodding.

"Come on... let's get you back," she said while placing your arm over her shoulders and hauling you up. You stared back down the hallway for a moment. "What's wrong, Y/n?" You shook your head.

"Nothing... I just want to go home..." You replied quietly. She nodded understandingly and began to lead you out of the hallway. The screams that echoed were fading slowly away along with their laughs. Hanji glanced at you from the corner of her eyes.

'After four days here Y/n must really be shaken. She never normally lets me touch her.' Her eyes lowered in concern.

'Whatever she went through took a toll on her.'

Ja ne!

   {Ruby Red}