Contaminated

We're delving deeper into your 'hidden' past. Also, this is the last chapter of this episode.

Edit: Bruh, you don't need to tell people

~
Thirty five girls and twenty six boys stood facing each other, afraid. The roars of the crowds only made their fear and anxiety rise. Sylvia, the unfortunate ten year old, stood quaking in her skin. The weapons lying in front of the two groups still remained untouched. No one dared to move, even when the shouts screamed at them to. However, one child did. One child slid into the middle and grabbed a katana. That child with h/c hair and fierce e/c eyes. The first person she slaughtered was dead at her feet, but she didn't stop there. Sylvia knew she would be killed by the hands of her, for she was not showing mercy. 

The young girl ran to the weapons and took what was left of the pile. A small bow and a few arrows scattered. She managed to protect herself from the incoming opponents. They may of been fighting, but they all shared the same goal. Make it out alive. It was down to the last three people of that round. Sylvia, Y/n, and another boy. The boy was slaughtered by Sylvia with no hesitation. She had scarce projectiles, so she had to reuse arrows. As she pulled the one out of the body, she felt a deep, cutting pressure go from her hip to her shoulder. With a gasp, she fell forward, landing on top of the already dead body.

With a jolt, the assassin snapped up into a sitting position. The thin blanket was soaked through with sweat. Sylvia couldn't believe she would have to fight you once again. Years of intensive— and sometimes torturous—training molded her into someone who could possibly take you on. Problem is, she didn't know if she could.

~
You and the rest of the squad had been walking on foot into the forest. You couldn't afford to stay in one place for a long time. The Survey Corps was slowly becoming the 'enemy' of the public. Even though it wasn't that way at all. The whole time, Mikasa had a scowl on her face. To others, it looked neutral, but you knew better. You saw through her. Everyone was worried, or at least anxious with what was about to happen. You didn't know where Eren was. That was pretty irritating. If that wasn't enough, being reminded of your previously forgotten past made more... unwanted memories resurface. Including... a boy.

"You alright?" You heard Levi ask from beside you.

"What's with that question? I'm fine," you replied, though your knitted brows said otherwise.

"Something's bothering you."

"No shit, Shithead." Your blunt response made him turn to look at you.

"What's with you? You're acting more shittier than usual."

"... sorry..." You said quietly. "I just remembered something. That's all." You dismissed with a wave of a hand.

Dark teal eyes welled with tears as the tip of the sharp blade pressed against his throat. Cold e/c eyes looked down at him. He was dying, he knew it. Nothing would stop the sword from piercing his neck. You won. He lost. He closed his eyes, waiting for the final blow, but none came. The sound of metal colliding with the concrete floor made him open his eyes. You turned away from him and walked away. He slowly sat up, careful not to irritate his injuries.

'Wha... what?' He thought, seeing you being dragged from the ring. You looked behind yourself and connected your eyes. Something bloomed in his chest. A feeling unfamiliar to him.

You were only snapped out of your thoughts when Levi stopped at a small clearing.

"We'll rest here for a little. Mikasa, Jean, Armin, take these." He threw them articles of clothing. "Go into the city and get some supplies. Don't let anyone see you." The three took the clothes and put them on.

"Yes, sir," they replied. Once they were set up, they left to go back. It was only you, Levi, Sasha, and Connie left. You took a seat on a rock and pulled out one of your knives. You inspected the blade before picking up a small pebble and gliding it along the serrated edges. It would at least pass the time.

'Dark teal eyes... purple and white...' You thought.

'I remember them... the girl's still alive, huh? And she's trying to kill me.' Your hand stopped moving.

'I'm a liability to Kenny... but she doesn't work for him. He pulled her from another employer... who?' You threw the rock behind you where you heard it land on the grass.

"Miss Y/n?" Connie called from across you.

"Mm? What is it?" You replied, looking up at them.

"What do you think's going to happen? I'm sure you'd be able to deal with anyone that comes your way," he said. You flipped the knife in between your fingers.

"Unfortunately, I can't tell the future," you began, "Whatever happens, happens. We'll have to deal with it. As for the last part, I can deal with amateurs and the Military Police. However, there are... people who prove to be a tough match." You tilted your head ever so slightly.

"Why? Are you nervous?" You questioned, pointing the knife at him.

"No-no, not really..." He didn't convince you. You slowly nodded and sheathed the blade.

"I see... keep telling yourself that, though," you replied. About an hour had passed by, and the three of them had finally returned from the town.

"Captain, we bought the supplies," Jean said as they walked into the camp. Armin walked in front of you and Levi as the others set down the bags. "The Military Police were handing out these." He handed you and Levi a piece of paper. When you looked down at it, you saw it was a wanted posted for you.

'Who fucking drew these?' You thought, your brow twitching. Your face was hideously disproportionate and asymmetrical. Whoever identified you was fucking blind.

"If this is true, the Scouts will be disbanded," Armin added, "I heard they'll be hunting for us tonight. They're also putting guards on all the vital roads, and it's impossible to get through without a pass."

"Captain, what now?"

"If we don't hurry, Eren..."

"Calm down," Levi interrupted Mikasa. "They're using a wagon. It'll take at least a day to reach Reiss' territory. We'll have to use that time to come up with a plan." Soft vibrations under your feet made you turn your head.

"Captain, I hear footsteps," Sasha spoke up.

"I feel them, too," you added. The others looked in the direction you two were staring at.

"They're coming this way." She leaned forward. You dug your foot gently into the dirt.

"Two of them," you said.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}