Detriment

You slowly laid your head on Levi's shoulder in defeat and tiredness.

"Fine," you gave in. "But if I hurt you, I'm not forgiving you for convincing me to let you help me." You missed the smile that appeared on Levi's face after hearing that. He turned his head and placed a light kiss on the top of your head.

"Thank you..."

~
Rhea managed to get herself into Wall Sina and down back into the underground. She ran down to the building and entered, immediately running to His office.

"Breaking news. Captain Levi and Y/n L/n are coming. Here," she stated, seriousness in her voice and a tint of fear laced in it. She would never admit it, but she knew you and Levi mixed together was a deadly combination. F/n was sitting behind his desk calmly and looked up to his wife.

"Y/n? You mean Red?" He asked, a dangerous glint in his eye.

"... yes," she replied hesitantly. F/n hummed and stood up.

"I see... your work is noted," he said while walking past Rhea and out into the hallway. Rhea slowly reached out her hand towards him, but he ignored it and brushed past her. You and Levi managed to get to Wall Sina in a mere hour and a half. Miraculously.

"Where do you think she went?" Levi asked as you two were walking down the street.

"Where else, shithead?" You replied, running to where the entrance of the underground was. You stopped at the top and stared down at it for a second before slowly descending step by step with Levi not that far behind you.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course I am, shithead." You two continued to descend down the stairs until you entered the underground.

"This brings back memories," Levi said, looking around the dirty area.

"Tell me about it," you replied, not wasting any time and striding to where the old cult quarters use to be.

"What are we even going to do?" Levi followed close behind you.

"We're taking down my parents."

"Taking down?"

"Killing them. We're killing them."

Ruby-chan: I don't condone killing your parents.

"But they're your parents," Levi protested. You stopped and turned around, almost butting heads with the small man.

"Do parents subject their children to torture? Do parents let people do whatever they please to their children? Do parents let people experiment on their children?" You retorted, clenching your hand tightly. Levi opened his mouth to reply, but you beat him to it. "No. They do not." And with that, you turned around and began to walk again. Levi sighed quietly and followed you, slightly keeping his distance. You jumped and maneuvered onto a nearby roof to look over the underground at a higher level. Levi followed suit and landed next to you.

"See that over there?" You asked, pointing towards a large, dark building. "That's where we're going."

"It's so big. We'll never find them if they're hiding," Levi pointed out, eyeing the large structure. You scoffed.

"Please. If there's one thing they won't do, it's hide. They're way too cocky to do that," you said, flicking your sword.

"How are you going to handle seeing your father again?"
You stopped and thought for a moment. It hadn't even crossed your mind. Your father was such a good man, so what will happen if you see him now?

"I honestly don't know, but whatever happens happens. At least we'll die together," you replied with a shrug. Levi deadpanned at you.

"Damn, so reassuring," he said sarcastically. You rolled your eyes.

"I'm not here to reassure you, Shithead. I'm here to end my torment." You maneuvered over towards the building. He sighed and followed suit. You two landed in front of it and slowly walked towards the entrance. You opened the door and peeked inside, your gun close to your hip. Seeing the coast clear, you slowly and quietly ran into the building and down the hallway. You passed by different rooms that used to hold different children for the experiment. More than half were killed off and the rest were dumped somewhere you didn't wish to know. You slid to a stop when you heard footsteps coming down the hall, holding out your arm to block Levi as well. You pushed him into a little out cove to hide yourself and slowly looked past the wall.

"Where are they?" You heard his voice. Your eyes widened at the harshness and coldness of it. That wasn't how he spoke to you when you were younger. He was always so cheerful and loving and kind. What happened? Was that all a cover up? To get your mother to fall in love with him and trust him? You were tempted to yell out, crush him to the point where he knew how you felt during those years. You wanted to scream at him, force answers out of him using any means necessary. A crazed look crossed your face. Levi almost shit his pants at that look. He raised his hand, but hesitated, afraid you'd do something rash if he touched you, but decided to get over it and gently placed his hand on your shoulder. You lightly jumped and looked behind you to see Levi with a concerned, yet slightly fearful look on his face. You realized that your thoughts must've shown on your face. You sighed quietly, but was interrupted by another voice.

"I sense them nearby. They're probably hiding," she replied. Her voice sounded different. It sounded... light and quiet. Submissive and afraid. Was Elijah right? Was your mother being abused by him?

"Well get them out here! I can't wait till I see that little shit's face," your father's voice boomed out, echoing loudly down the hall. You heard your mother slightly yelp at the sudden raise of his voice.

"Ye-yes..." She stuttered before her footsteps faded away down another hall. You heard your father chuckle.

"Wait till I see you, Red... I want to see just what exactly your Hell Eye is capable of."

Ja ne!

  {Ruby Red}