Reinforcement

How do y'all like Ruby's new and improved look?

Edit: I've literally changed her appearance like five times, sit your ass down

~
You were in the stables getting ready to leave the wall. The news had reached everyone in the Survey Corps and were all getting ready to leave.

"Y/n. Let's go," you heard Levi's voice call. You looked over your shoulder and saw Levi, Hanji, and Nick. You scoffed lightly.

"Any reason we're taking this little shit?" You asked, walking up to them.

"What do you think? It's obvious he's hiding things from us." Levi lowered his voice. You sighed irritably, but followed them nonetheless. You all walked for a few minutes before coming to a street filled with soldiers.

"Sorry to keep ya!" Hanji waved over to the cart that held Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. "Took longer to prepare than we thought." The four of you climbed into the cart.

"Um... isn't this a priest from the Order of the Walls?" Armin asked, staring at him.

"Yeah. Nick and I are best buddies. Right? Don't let him bother you. The whole makeup of this squad doesn't make any sense. Does it, Levi? Y/n?" Hanji asked.

"No, I think it might. Erwin picked them out for a reason," Levi replied. You nodded subtly, remaining silent.

"Huh? Y/n? Who's that?" Eren asked.

"You didn't know?" Hanji asked him before swinging her arm around your neck. "This is Y/n, silly! After a whole month of not knowing her name, she finally told us! Well, she told Levi." You rolled your eyes under your hood and slowly removed her arm from your shoulders.

"It's not a big deal anymore," you commented, annoyed.

"Open the gate!"
The gate began to rise and you all got ready for the trip ahead.

"The situation within Wall Rose is unclear. But everything up to Erhmich is safe. We'll save time going through there. Move out!" Erwin ordered, galloping on his horse through the gate. Everyone on horseback followed him.

"Move us out," Levi ordered.

"Yes, sir!" The soldier replied, whipping the reins. The cart began moving swiftly and you all exited the wall.

"But I still don't understand. Why is Pastor Nick with us?" Armin asked.

"It turns out he had known about the titans being in the walls. He just never told anyone about it," Levi replied. Nick's face seemed to darken. He never lifted his gaze from the wood flooring.

"Huh? There's titans inside the walls and he's known about it?!" Eren exclaimed, the look of shock on all three of their faces.

"Yes, though..." Hanji trailed off, looking at Nick. "... he's kept his mouth shut this entire time."

"However, Hanji and Levi gladly brought him along to finally see the harsh reality. So all in all... will his beliefs be strong enough for him to stay silent? Or will seeing it for himself make him second guess himself?" You went on for her.

"No, no, no, no! This is all backwards!" Eren stood up and placed his hands on the small table in front of him. "If there's something you know, tell us about it! Nothing's more important than keeping humans from going extinct!" Eren placed his hand on his head and sat back down. Mikasa softly scolded him.

"There's more than one way to get answers. I may be injured and useless right now, but it doesn't take much to watch one man. I'm hoping we can settle this without blasting a hole in anyone. Aren't you?" Levi asked, pulling the concealed gun from his jacket.

"Threatening him doesn't work, Levi. Believe me, I've tried," Hanji sighed.

"What about Y/n? I'm sure she's scary enough to make him answer," Eren suggested.

"Trust me, I would if I could. I even almost dropped him off of the wall and still didn't crack him. Of course something else will be cracking if my annoyance doesn't settle down," you replied, crossing your arms.

"You scare me sometimes Y/n! Oh, but I guess it can't be helped," Hanji said, trying to lighten you up. "But it seems to me that this priest is capable of sound judgment. That's why I wonder... what if the reason he doesn't talk is because he knows something more important than the fate of humanity?" Hanji glared at Nick from the corner of her eyes.

"Maybe..." You spoke up. "Maybe he knows how titans were first created..."
Everyone's eyes widened and you could see Nick's composure falter for a moment, but only a moment.

"If he knows then why doesn't he tell us, dammit!!!" Eren slammed his hands on the table once more and stood up, glaring daggers at him. You also stood up and grabbed his wrist.

"You don't understand, do you? Sit back down and try to think rationally for a moment," you hissed at him.

"But if he knows all that why can't he tell us?" Eren quieted his voice, but everyone could still hear it.

"Because certain people can only tell certain things at certain moments. Think of it like this. You've infiltrated the military. You act as yourself, but when questioned, you avoid the questions or stay silent. Why do you think you do it?" You asked him quietly, trying to get him to think for a damn moment. He was silent for a few seconds, never taking his eyes off of yours.

"Because you don't want to be found out..." Eren replied quietly. You nodded.

"So you can think like a rational person. Exactly. If you're found out, you're tried for it. If you're guilty, you go to prison. You're disgraced, untrustworthy, and labeled," you explained to him.

"I don't understand... why are you defending him? Because of people like him humanity might go extinct," Eren asked, true curiosity in his voice, but his eyes held another emotion.

"Listen Shitface, I'm not defending him or his people. I'm simply trying to see things from his perspective. Before you assume anything learn to see things from both sides of the story and maybe you'll understand more," you replied, shoving him back down into his seat before sitting back down yourself.

"Man, Y/n. I never expected you to be the understanding type," Hanji said. You rolled your eyes.

"It's not that simple, Shitty Four Eyes. If I can see things from both perspectives and understand it fully, then I'm aware of whatever reason. If I can't, however..." You trailed off, crossing your legs and unsheathing your gun. "Unnecessary secrets will die with an unnecessary death." 

Ja ne!

   {Ruby Red}