Crowned

After Levi had asked you to leave him and Kenny, you were walking back to Orvud District. It was a ways away from the collapsed cavern, so by then, it was broad daylight—well, it was evening. Hours had gone by since the defeat of Rod Reiss. Now, Historia is set to become the Queen of the Walls the next day. A light snicker left your lips as your hands dug into your pockets. E/c and black eyes looked up to the colorful sky.

"Of all people," you murmured. Sudden tingles went off in your chest and you looked down, catching the black dagger between your index and middle finger.

"You've gotten faster." A few feet away from you was Ruby, her hand outstretched.

"It seems so," you replied, lowering your arm slightly. The dagger burst into blood before it slowly drifted over to Ruby's hand and circulating around it. You watched closely. The level of control she had versus the level of control you had was miles apart.

"I told you the secret to using the Hell Eye. If you can control your flight or fight response, you can use it whenever," she said as the blood went back inside of her arm. You didn't reply. Instead, you were thinking. Why did Ruby all of a sudden show up here? Where did she go all of those hours?

"I saw you jump off of the wall after Rod was defeated," you mentioned, "Where did you go?"

"That boy with the dark teal eyes. He was there," she replied. Your brows furrowed together.

"What? How do you know?" You crossed your arms.

"Because I sensed him. He was below the wall watching."
Your lips pressed into a thin line.

"Why was he there?"

"Watching both you and I."

"For what reason?"

"I'm assuming it was because he was trying to find weak points in us."
You took a few steps closer to her until you were a mere foot away.

"How could he be alive after all of this?" You inquired.

"Nordic Clove," Ruby replied. You tilted your head slightly.

"What?"

"It's a type of flower that can be produced in a lab," she explained, "A part of the reason why I was away for such a long period of time was because I was gathering information on two types of flowers that are deadly weapons."

"Flowers?" You repeated. She nodded.

"Amalasanda's father works for an underground mafia leader, and much like her, he's extremely intelligent."

"'Works?'"

"Yes. He's been working on these serums to inject into humans, much like titan serum. Except these ones are more practical and dangerous." She pulled out a pile of papers from inside her cloak and held them out to you. "Read them. You'll find this information important. Since they are connected to the person sending out these assassins to kill you, after all." You grabbed them from her and quickly flipped through the pages.

"Why are you giving these to me?" You asked, looking back up at her.

"I'm leaving again for a little. Figured these would be more useful in your hands than mine."

~
The coronation of a new ruler is a grand celebration. The Military Police had built this large, tall platform with a large piece of fabric draped over the side. With Wall Maria, Wall Rose, and Wall Sina's insignia on it. Along with one other that you didn't bother to identify. On top of the platform was Darius Zackley, who was crowning Historia, along with Commander Pixis, Commander Erwin, someone else of the Military Police, and two Cadet Corps instructors. You didn't know where the others were, but that didn't concern you. You knew they were watching. From either the crowd or somewhere else. You also wondered how Levi was doing, but you'd see him soon, hopefully.

You didn't think much of celebrations like this. Instead of cheering within the crowd, you watched from atop the roofs. Well, you barely watched. You didn't enjoy things like this. The loud noise, the large number of people. It's things like that, that will never change in you.

'Nigella Odorata is a type of flower that produces the drug Nitradire. That, essentially, affects the nervous system and rewires the brain. It causes hallucinations and tricks the victim into thinking that everybody is out to kill them, or they will be killed, and in turn, makes them fight. Nigella Odorata is a rare flower that only appears outside of Wall Maria. The effects that Nitradire causes is widely unknown, and can cause serious brain injury if not cured correctly. It's not clear how to cure or reverse the effects, or if it even can. Nitradire has been tested on several subjects who've gone rampant, and either killed others, or themselves. It is not perfected, but within time, it will be.

Nordic Clove is a type of flower that produces the drug Cresine. While the Nordic Clove is extremely rare, once it's harvested, it can be grown in a lab in very calculated temperatures. When injected into the bloodstream, it toughens the skin while keeping its mobility and flexibility. It seems to work 3/4 times, and when it doesn't, it not only hardens the skin, but hardens everything else, internally and externally. Basically, they turn into a statue. There is no clear way to bypass the hardness, but so far blades have been proven ineffective. Certain types of bullets may penetrate, but won't do any lasting damage.' 

The rest of the pages were just drawn diagrams and schematics. From what you could tell, this was a bitch of a thing to deal with. Not to mention, if they perfect the serum, they could make multiple vials and an epidemic could break out. If it came down to that. You looked back up when the cheering grew louder. Historia stood above all, the crown sitting proudly on her head.

~
Staring out of the large window inside the castle was calming for you. No loud people, no cheering, no one bothering you. Just you, the outside, and sun. You've been here for about ten minutes. Your eyes darted to the side when you heard footsteps. You saw Levi walking up to you in his Survey Corps trench coat.

"Levi," you said, pushing away from the window. "What happened?" Without a word, he walked up to you. You stayed there, tilting your head in slight confusion. He spread his arms out and wrapped them around your waist, burying his head in your neck.

"You don't usually initiate hugs that much," you said, wrapped your arms around his shoulders. "Are you alright?"

"I am now."
You could feel his mouth turn upwards. It's been a while since you've physically touched each other. You all have been fighting constantly for the past few days, so you were going to relish in holding him.

"Cheesy piece of shit," you murmured, sliding your hand up to his hair. He just squeezed you tighter.

'Not to mention clingy.' You thought, noticing how he's doing everything to get as close as humanly possible. You figured he'd tell you what happened sooner or later, but right now that didn't matter. You closed your eyes and let the warmth radiating from him engulf you.

"I love you, Y/n," he said those words before you even thought them. A smile slowly crept up your face.

"... yeah... I love you too."

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}