Atonement

Eleven months. Eleven months the Military Police has had you. Of course, Levi couldn't complain. You wanted to do it for the people who didn't deserve to be killed by you. Not that you regret killing them. Normally people in prison would have a hard time with inmates. Riots, fights, ya know. You didn't have a problem, though. Mostly because everyone was scared shitless of you, but you didn't care. You enjoyed being feared. You didn't mind being loved either, but you'll take what you can get. Sitting in the cafeteria, you were at a table that was more in the corner. Even though you were here for almost a year you didn't really make any friends. Mostly because you felt like killing all of them instantly, but that's not the point.

"Hey, L/n," one of them called to you. You sighed and turned your head to face them. He was in here because he was apparently dissecting people in his basement. Weird, because you're pretty sure the Military Police planned to dissect you too.

"You know what Sin City is, right?" He asked, a smile on his face. You crossed your arms.

"Yes," you replied.

"Well do you know what Den City is?" He asked again, raising an eyebrow. You stared at him, unamused.

"No."

"Mass over volume."
You sighed and facepalmed while he let out cackles at his own joke. If anyone could laugh at his jokes, it's himself. And they weren't even jokes, they were just really bad puns.

"I can't wait to get out of here..." You muttered to yourself. As if the heavens heard you, the doors to the cafeteria opened and three MP's walked in.

"Y/n L/n. Your light hearted sentence--"

'Light hearted?' You thought, your eyebrow twitching.

"--is over. From now on you are free. Until you do something illegal again," he added on. You snapped up from the table, slamming your hand on it.

"It's about damn time!!" You exclaimed, quickly walking past the MP's that followed you out. Once they left the cafeteria all of the inmates breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Finally, she's gone..."

~
"Star. I haven't seen you in a while," you greeted her, gently stroking her muzzle. She snorted and pressed into your hand.

"Alright, enough with the reunion, let's get moving," the MP shoved you forward. Since he was the only one guarding you right now, you turned and socked him in the jaw, sending him flying in a 360 before landing on the ground unconscious. You huffed and so did Star. You mounted her and patted her neck.

"Let's go back," you said softly. She neighed before taking off.

"That girl..." Nile muttered, seeing you take off after you punched the soldier. It took you a good hour to get back to the HQ, but when you did, you were relieved. You went around the castle and back to the training grounds where all of the cadets were training. Eren, hearing a horse, stopped fighting Jean and looked back, seeing you gallop closer.

"Everyone! Y/n's back!" His voice rang through the courtyard. Everyone stopped and immediately ran over you. You laughed, but it sounded like a scoff. You slowed Star down and jumped off of her. "Y/n! How are you?!" Eren smiled. You hummed in question.

"Well, unfortunately I didn't make any friends there, but I did my fair share of time. For now," you replied mischievously.

"Did you punch someone?" Mikasa asked bluntly. You glared at her half heartedly.

"Of course I did! One of them was too close for comfort and the last one was actually an MP who was being an asshole so I just put him to sleep." You shrugged.

"You didn't kill him... did you?" Armin asked hesitantly. You rolled your eyes.

"The hell do you take me for? Of course I didn't... he just needed to learn not everyone will put up with his bullshit," you replied quietly, clearing your throat afterwards. Suddenly, a voice of a cross between Chewbaca and a teenaged girl getting Starbucks emerged.

"Y/N!!!!!!!"

"Oh dear god no..."
Hanji rammed into you, knocking you to the ground like a rocket, hugging you tightly.

"I've missed you so much Y/n! And so has shorty! He's been acting so cold towards all of us!! Quick, you got to go see him! Right now!" She yanked you up and pushed you towards the castle without any time to protest. You looked behind yourself in confusion before sighing and making your way to the castle. You entered the familiar building and took a minute to reminisce. Even though it's almost been a year since you've been here, time passed quickly.

"Y/n?" You turned your head and saw Levi across the hallway looking at you with utter disbelief. A smirk crossed your face.

"Well hello there to you too, shithead," you replied amusedly. He ran over to you and slammed himself into you, making you go into the wall back first. His arms were around your neck and yours were around his waist. "Glad to see you didn't get eaten." Levi scoffed lightly and pulled away, but not breaking body contact.

"As if I'd die and not let you know," he replied. Your hands were rested on his hips and his arms were around your neck still. Mostly because you were taller than him by an inch or so.

"You're aging fine like wine," you said slightly sarcastically. Levi rolled his eyes.

"Never expected you to say pickup lines."

"Well when you're in prison with people who are... different, you learn some things."
Levi smiled and softly stroked your cheek with his thumb.

"Can I kiss you?"

"I wouldn't be this close if you couldn't."
His smile only widened as he gently pressed his lips to yours. Of course, seeing as this was your first *consensual* kiss it was slow and gentle. You had gotten use to body contact. Of course, some things still trigger your memories, but it's gotten better. He slowly pulled away from you and stared into your eyes with the most love you've probably ever seen.

"I love you, Y/n."
You smiled.

"I love you too, Levi."

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}