Investigating

Francis heard soft footsteps coming towards his cell, causing him to raise his head slowly. When his eyes spotted you, he straightened up in both shock and fear.

"Re-Red..." He stuttered out, standing up once you got in front of the cell.

"Francis..." You greeted, holding one of the metal bars. Despite not being *exactly* the same person in the past, you still don't mind being acknowledged as Red Ember. That name will forever haunt humanity for all eternity.

"Wh-why are you here?" He asked. Looking closer, you saw a healing bruise on his left eye and a small, but noticeable corneal ulcer. An injury that occurs from direct injury to the eye.

"Who punched you?" You asked bluntly. Francis's hand shot up to his eye and felt around it, flinching ever so slightly when he blinked.

"I-I don't know... she was wearing a cloak," he replied. Your eyes narrowed.

"It was a female?"

"Yes... she talked to me... it was definitely a female..."
You hummed and plucked the pin from your hair, shoving it in the lock and turning it around. Francis looked at you in shock and slight hope. Were you letting him go--?

"Don't even think about it, shitstain," you interrupted him from even finishing his thought. You opened the cell door and entered the cell with him, closing the door with a large clank. He took a step back, but the back of his knees hit the chair, forcing him to sit down. You leaned against the cell door and crossed your arms, scrutinizing him with sharp e/c and black eyes. That made him more nervous than anything.

"So tell me, Francis... why are you here?" You asked him, though it showed in your voice that that was a rhetorical question. Francis didn't answer you. That got your gears grinding. "So... is it a family tradition to kill the ones who disagree with you?" You saw his jaw tighten and his fists clench.

"I saw the picture of Charlotte. She was a really beautiful woman. It was a shame she was killed someone with an ugly personality."
Francis slammed his hands on the chair and stood up, the chains attached to his wrists violently clanking against each other. It reminded you of the time at the cult, but you couldn't focus on that.

"I was just trying to mold my son into a man! A real man will do anything for their family! Pierce was nothing like me!" He yelled, his voice echoing loudly through the empty room.

"You better lower your damn voice before you won't be able to talk at all," your voice hissed out, echoing menacingly. Francis flinched at the volume of your voice's echo, even though you yourself had not yelled. "I hope you know how much your two children are suffering because of you and your anger issues." You crossed your legs and leaned all of your weight onto one. Francis sat back down and looked at his outstretched hands.

"It doesn't matter anymore... I already killed the one I loved and betrayed the two who trusted me," he said, this time quieter and calmer.

"You can still mend the bond with the two who are living."

"How? How can I do that? I killed the person who gave them life... who gave them love. There's no way to gain their forgiveness or trust anymore."

"Then why are you alive?"
He looked at you in confusion at your question. You slowly pushed off of the cell door and walked closer to him.

"What do you--?"

"If you're not willing to try, then why are you alive? If you're not even going to attempt to mend the bonds you have with them..." You trailed off, crouching down to his level and placing the gun under his chin. "... then why aren't you dead?"
Francis looked at you pleadingly, his eyes glistening. You saw his Adam's apple bob up and down from when he swallowed. You slowly removed the gun from his face.

"If you're not willing to try, then there's no point in living. I hope you apply that to your life from now on," you said, standing up straight and turning around. You walked towards the cell door and stopped for a second. As fast as lightning you turned around and shot. The sound of his screaming reverberated through the large room and you quickly exited the cell, locking it. You stared at him holding his thigh and writhing in pain on the floor. You spun your gun around your finger and placed it back in its holster. You lifted your leg and slammed your foot on the ground, closing your eyes and feeling the vibrations through the room like echolocation. Except you use vibrations, and not sound waves. 

You quickly threw a knife where it ricocheted off of a bar and landed in the wall. You heard someone jump away and began to run in the opposite direction. You wasted no time and ran after them. You drew your sword and threw it at them where it caught onto their cloak and got it stuck into the wall. They stopped and tried to pull away from it, but they could either, A: Rip the cloak and run. B: Take off the cloak, exposing their identity. Or C: Stand there and take a beating. Suddenly, like a flash bomb, blinding light exploded from them, causing you to stumble and crash into the cell behind you. You shielded your eyes that were burning from the sudden exposure to the fucking sun. Once the light died down it took you a solid two minutes to be able to see properly. There were flashing and swirling colors corrupting your sight. You blinked multiple times until your vision was restored again. A slight pounding in your head signaled you had received an oncoming headache. You growled when you noticed whoever it was escaped. You sighed and covered your eyes, still feeling a slight pulsing in your them.

'God fucking dammit...' You thought, letting your arm fall limp to your side.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}