Fragment

Y/n L/n... or better known as 'Red Ember', was born outside Wall Maria in a small village. Of course, Y/n and her family were still close enough to be considered citizens. Y/n's mother had gotten drunk and had a one night stand with a man who was also pretty drunk at the time too. When her mother returned home, she didn't realize she was pregnant until she began showing around three months. She didn't know who exactly the father was, since she was wasted, but she decided to keep the child. So that maybe she could find whoever looked like her. When Y/n was born, her mother went around trying to find the father to introduce him to her. With no luck. When Y/n turned five, her mother was able to find her father and introduced him to her. Of course he was shocked, but he decided to be a good father to Y/n and stay. Two years later, when Y/n was six, her mother was pregnant again. This time with a boy. 

Y/n was so excited to be a big sister. Time skip to when Y/n was eleven and her little brother was five. It was Y/n's birthday that day. She was turning eleven. When suddenly her house was broken into. Panicked, she reached for the closet thing to her, a knife, but one of the men grabbed her before she could reach it. With her brother and father dead on the floor, and her and her mother separated, she was drugged and hauled deep within the underground in Wall Sina. That was where the cult was hidden. As soon as Y/n set foot in there, her eye was forcibly cut and removed, replaced with an eye that's been preserved for hundreds of years. It was believed to belong to the strongest warrior that ever walked on the earth. They thought that if they preserved it, the DNA would also be preserved. Many have tried to wield and control it, but none of them endured the circumstances in which you need to awaken the eye. 

In order for the Hell Eye to manifest, one must go through years of severe trauma. So that's what Y/n did. For five years, Y/n had gone through absolute hell. The cult had also used religious purposes as an excuse to torture you, never giving you a single minute to rest. In those five year you lost everything. Your real identity, your family, your true personality and feelings. When you turned thirteen, it was like you lost all feelings and humanity inside of you. When you were sixteen, you broke out of your restraints and slaughtered every single cult member. You had decided. You would never let anyone live if they done anything bad. You would kill anyone who had done any crime. Whether it'd be petty theft or rape or murder. No one would escape your grasp. 

When you were seventeen, your h/l h/c hair began to grow white streaks in it due from all the stress, torture, and torment. From sixteen to twenty six you would slaughter anyone who was a criminal or had a criminal record. You felt no remorse, no regret. Killing people was an everyday thing for you. It was a way to make you feel superior. Like you were the one in power. Not the other way around. Of course, with that comes consequences. You were alone most of your life. Not physically, but mentally. You were isolated in your mind. You were alone with no one to suffer with. That also dunk you into a deep depression for a while. Killing was a way to satisfy you and relieve you of that horrible feeling. The screams of your victims were nothing compared to the screaming you hear in your head everyday. Every night when you sleep you can hear screaming and laughing. That god awful laughing. You slaughtered them. Mutilated all of them to point where they weren't recognizable and yet... their laughs still linger in your ear. Like a broken alarm, forever going on even though the battery died long ago. 

The constant feeling of being watched and stalked plagued your mind to the point where you would dream, yet still be aware of the things surrounding you. That was until the Survey Corps caught you. You hated the feeling of being confined and ordered around like a dog on a leash. But this... this you were fine with. The soldiers and cadets there weren't like other people. Yeah, some of them slack off and shit, but they're determined in what their goal is. Their goals seem so pure and innocent compared to yours. Except Eren's... his worried you a bit. Erwin, Hanji, Mike... hell, even Levi, were aware of how you were and yet they still respected you as a person. Something you never thought was possible. Considering you shot Erwin in the side, but we're not going to talk about that one. It made you feel... at home. Something you thought was long forgotten, these people somehow brought it back out. 

I mean, yeah, you wouldn't hesitate to kill somebody if needed, but now... now you were more aware that what you were doing was beneficial, but inhumane. Well, that's sort of how you were for most of your life. Things such as 'humanity' and 'mercy' was not in your vocabulary book. Now they're sort of... slowly etching their way in. You have grown close with Hanji, Eren, and Levi. Not to mention Elijah, considering he also tried to take you back to that hell hole. You never thought you would be okay with someone being able to escape you, but you are. It's amazing really... how many emotions a human can feel. Whether it's happiness, sadness, excitement, or confusion. Sometimes you cry when you're happy or you smile when you're sad. The only emotions you ever felt were... sadness and confusion. Sadness because you were alone with no one but yourself. And confusion because you didn't know why that happened, you didn't know why those people barged into your house and mercilessly killed your brother and just took you away.

But now you know.

And you're going to get your revenge.

Even if it meant giving up your life to end someone else's.

Stupid, yes.

But an eye for an eye, right?

Ja ne!

  {Ruby Red}