Battling

"So Cordelia wasn't lying..." You breathed. After hearing Elijah's explanation everything was pieced together. Why Cordelia seemed genuinely shocked, why she seemed genuinely happy at the wedding, why Elijah wasn't there at HQ...

"She took my eye. She has the Canceler," he added. Elijah looked at you and roughly cupped your face between his hands. "Petra has the Canceler. She has the power to completely freeze your blood and can kill you instantly if she gets even a drop of it. Unless you defeat her without getting cut, you can't win." His hands shook against your skin. So Petra is here. Question is, where? You sighed and removed his hands from your face, wrapping his arm around your shoulder. Hanji caught on and grabbed his other side and hauled him up with you. The three of you walked out of the room and into the hallway.

"Get off of me..."
You stopped and twitched your ears, hearing a voice faintly echo down the opposite hallway. You looked back for a moment, contemplating whether or not to go there.

"Hanji, can you take care of him for a moment?" You turned towards her. She nodded in reply, not bothering to ask you why. She knew already. You and her gently set him up against the wall. "I'll be back." You walked off in the direction from where you heard the echo. Once you turned the corner, you stopped and slammed your foot down. Finding their locations, you took off in a dead sprint to the room which held two people who you assumed to be Levi and Petra. You slid to a stop when you saw a door slightly ajar and light coming out from it. You quietly crept up to the door and looked in. Your body began to steam from anger. Levi was in there, sitting on a chair, bound by multiple ropes, while Petra was straddling him. She was subtly, but still noticeably grinding her hips over Levi's. Her forehead was touching his and his face was cupped in between her hands.

"Get off of me," Levi hissed, eyes glaring up at her.

"Why? I've been there next to you so much longer than she has. I've been a part of your squad years before you even acknowledged her existence. Why? What's so special about her?" She asked, her wide, dead eyes staring into Levi's, burning and engraving themselves into his brain. Looking closer you noticed pieces of his clothes were torn off. His shirt was ripped and his torso was littered with red slashes, which you assumed was either from a whip or her hand.

"Everything. Every single thing about her is more special than you," he replied, his tone nor his face once faltering. Your eyes slightly widened at that, though you were unsure whether he meant it, or he was just saying it to spite her.

"Even with those ugly scars? Those scars that remind you of the person she is? She's broken, Levi. She can't be fixed. There's no hope for her."

"I wouldn't say that."
Levi's and Petra's head snapped to the doorway. The door opened slowly and you appeared at the entryway, calm on the outside, but absolutely furious on the inside, and it showed in your eyes. Petra's face turned into a scowl as she crawled off of Levi. Even though her eyes were already a golden color, the Canceler was brighter and more noticeable. "So you were the one who broke in and got away from me..." A light growl escaped her lips.

"So I save your weak ass and you repay me with this? How hurtful," you sarcastically said, rolling your eyes ever so slightly.

"Why are you—"

"Yeah, you really need to find a better hiding place," you interrupted, crossing your arms. Petra's scowl deepened, a 'tch' escaping her lips. A white ring appeared around her pupil and marks slowly descended down her face (see top). Your hand suddenly felt numb and you could barely move your fingers. You looked down and saw, from the tips of your fingers to your wrist, your whole hand was blue and purple. Levi lightly gasped at your hand.

'No way... she cut off the circulation?!' Levi's head snapped to Petra who was smirking subconsciously. You calmly lowered your hand and stared at Petra, the red ring appearing in your eye as well. Petra's hand exploded in blood, causing her to lose focus and to stumble to the ground in shock. You felt the blood circulation return to your hand slowly, returning the color. Levi stared at you in slight fear at witnessing Petra's hand explode in a bloody mess. You didn't have time to feel right now. Right now, you had a bitch to kill. Petra turned and glared at you with all of her might. The blood that was splattered over the floor slowly moved back towards her. She held out her arm and the blood connected to her arm and restored her hand. Levi audibly gasped and your eyes narrowed.

'It seems she can only stop circulation when she's focused on a body part. Which means I need to continuously move.' You thought, pulling out your sword. Petra got off the ground and ran towards you. You got into a stance and blocked her punch. Your arm became numb again before it went flying in the opposite direction. The sword somehow got into her hands.

'This bitch just cut off my arm!' You thought, your blood boiling to the point where your skin turned red. There was a high pitched ringing before Petra's lower legs exploded as well. She face planted into the floor and your hand regenerated. First the bones, then the muscles, and then the skin. The sword was clanking in front of your feet. You jumped away a couple of feet. Petra's legs were regenerated back together as well and she stood up.

"Your obsession with Levi is frightening," you stated, clenching and relaxing your hand to make sure everything was connected and alright.

"Of course I am! I've known Levi years before you! I've been a part of his squad years before you joined! I've been there always, by his side, fighting. Why he chose you... is ridiculous!!" She shouted, her eye emitting a loud ringing noise that caused you to cover your ears. The continuous ringing noise made your body to turn blue, starting from your feet slowly going up your body, numbing your legs and causing you to fall to the ground. You knew once the numbness and cut off the blood circulation reached your heart, you would inevitably die. You had about a minute and a half.

"Y/n!" Levi called, struggling in the chair.

'God fucking dammit...'

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}