Fruitless

When the time of the ceremony had come, the nine remaining Survey Corps members kneeled in front of Historia, their heads bowed, eyes closed, and hands over their hearts. The rest of the military branches were standing behind them in rows. You stood more off to the side, overlooking it. You didn't think you had a place in there. After all, you probably caused them more trouble for them than you helped. A soldier held out a tray, the dazzling green medals resting on top of it. Historia grabbed the first one and walked over to Hanji. She gently slipped it around her head and tightened it. She then held out her hand. Hanji grabbed it and pressed her lips to the back of it. Your brows twitched.

'What a stupid way to swear loyalty.' You thought, watching Historia repeat the action to Levi. When she moved onto Eren, she slipped the medal around his head, tightened it, and held out her hand. He kissed it. Then something in his expression changed.

"Eren?" Historia called quietly. You and the others looked at him.

'That boy just keeps getting stranger and stranger.' You thought.

~
When Historia got through all nine members, she walked back up to the front. You expected that to be the end. She'd say a few things, and it would all end. You could leave and get some sleep. But, it surprised you greatly when she turned, and began to walk towards you. She stopped in front of you. You had to look down at her, because she was still a child and shorter than you.

'She better not think I'll kneel for her.' You thought. She held out her hands. In her palms sat an extra medal. You looked at her. Then your eyes went around the room. The soldiers, including the Survey Corps, were looking at you expectantly. You looked back at her before slowly grabbing it from her. She took a step back from you. You looked down at it, rubbing your fingers over the glass. The Survey Corps insignia was inside.

~
It was almost a year after that moment. Wall Maria had been cleansed of titans. The main roads were being paved again, and refugees were permitted to go back to their hometown. The Survey Corps, once again, were able to have expeditions past Wall Maria. And that's what you were doing. You were riding on your horse next to Hanji and Levi.

"It's just like you thought, Hanji," Levi said, "The titans inside Wall Maria were pretty much all of them. We thinned out a majority in just a single year."

"You're welcome," you said flatly from your side.

"In that case, let's head straight to our target as planned," she replied. A few minutes passed and a red flare was shot off to the upper left of you three. As you three came about it, the titan looked like a stuffed turkey. From the way it was, it had crawled its way over to where it was.

"It crawled its way over here?" Hanji murmured.

"We can follow its trail then," you said, speeding up and going parallel to the trail. The rest of the Corps soon caught up behind you, and followed the trail as well.

The terrain changed from firm dirt to sand. It kicked up from the horses and created a thin smoke trail behind you. You thought it was kinda cool, as you didn't come across sand that much. You rode up close to a large rock formation. When you passed it, a wall appeared on the other side.

'This must be it.' You thought, looking up at it. You rode by the far end of the wall and came to a slope that led upwards. You all slowed your horses and Hanji led the Corps up, with you not that far behind her. When you got to the top, the sand transitioned to dirt, and the lot of you were looking over a ledge. The beautiful blue sea greeted you. To make it even more sweet, a soft breeze passed by, tussling your hair.

'Ah... it's been a while since I've seen this.' You thought. You looked at all of them to see star-struck expressions on. Even Levi seemed surprised.

~
All of you tied your horses down below. All of them removed some sort of clothing except you and Levi, who stayed back. You watched them all play in the salt water with bliss and glee. You don't remember if you've ever seen them as happy as they were now.

"Hey, Y/n! Come on! Don't be shy!" Hanji exclaimed happily. You glowered.

"I'm fine over here," you said back.

"Oh come on! Don't be so stiff!" She grabbed your arm.

"Hanji--"
She threw you into the water. The waves knocked you off balance and you fell into the water, saturating your clothes and yourself. You could hear Hanji's laughing from behind you. You slowly rose out of the water and grabbed Hanji by the back of her head.

"Uh oh..."
You gripped her hair and pulled her backwards, right into the water as well. You let go of her and let her splutter above the water.

"Geez! You're such a party pooper!" She coughed.

"On the other side of the sea... are enemies," you heard Eren say. You turned your head in his direction. "Every part of this is exactly how I saw in my dad's memories." He pointed out towards the sea.

"Hey... if we kill all our enemies... over there... will we finally... be free?"
Your brow raised.

'I sense a future sociopath on our hands.' You thought.

ERGTEFKJGBTNRFKJDNGHTRF HOLY SHITU

As of right now, this book is going on break until the new season drops in December(only a month away...)

I originally wrote another arc in between this and the next season, where the reader leaves the Survey Corps behind, but maybe I'll post a spin-off once this book is completed 100%.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STAYING WITH THE BOOK THIS LONG IF YOU HAVE! IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME!! I'LL SEE YOU ALL IN DECEMBER, OR WHENEVER THE NEW SEASON COMES OUT! LOVE Y'ALL!!

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}