Brightening

This is Elijah btw.

Edit: Bruh he ugly asf too, the fuck. Past me, you have zero sense of appearance LOLOL

~
You slowly opened your eyes and stared at the ceiling for a moment before sitting up tiredly. You rubbed your eyes and stared down at your lap for a minute. So many things were swirling around inside of you at the moment. You honestly didn't want to go through with this, but bad things would happen if you didn't. It's not that you're stuck in between a rock and a hard place, you just rather not deal with the consequences of saying no. Even though they're basically harassing and blackmailing you into saying yes, you're stubborn and are keen on keeping your resolves. You slowly got out of bed, trying to shake the tiredness from your eyes. Eren had already woken up since his bed was empty and poorly made. Once you got your boots on, you trudged up the stairs. You entered the mess hall when it was late into breakfast. You walked over to the superiors table and sat down, immediately placing your head in your hands.

"What's wrong, Y/n?" Hanji asked, seeing your slightly disheveled self.

"Nothing, just tired," you replied. You've never felt this shitty before. It was awful. You felt like a slug trying to crawl it way through the Sahara desert with weights attached to its back.

"Go lie down in my room, Y/n. All of this shit that's been happening to you is probably catching up," Levi softly ordered. You nodded and slowly got up, walking out of the mess hall two minutes after you entered. Hanji watched your retreating form with worry.

"I'm concerned about her. Y/n seemed so down," she said. Levi sighed and took a sip of his tea.

"There's nothing we can do about it expect give her some time," he replied.

"But isn't Y/n supposed to give those twins an answer?"

"They can wait until tomorrow. Y/n's well being is far more important than them."

~
You groaned as you fell onto Levi's bed, his scent still on the sheets. You curled up in a ball and closed your eyes. Not only were you tired, but you had the worst headache you'd ever felt. Like someone was punching their way through your head and just playing with your brain. The light that was shining through your closed lids slowly began to fade away into darkness. No nightmares, yet no dreams. It was just all dark. Nothing was happening. There were no sounds, nothing to look at, absolutely no point of it. 

A drop of water dripping into a larger pool of liquid made you open your eyes. You looked over to the left and saw the rippling of water. The ripples glowed white, showing you where the source of the dripping is. You slowly walked towards it, your feet trekking through the strange liquid. There was a lit up spot where a young boy--or he looked to be one--was sitting on a small log, his head bowed. Your brows furrowed as you walked closer to him.

"Hey. What's the matter?" You called out to him. He seemed to recognize your voice because he slowly straightened up and turned his head around. E/c and black eyes met with medium brown ones. They were wide, full of glistening tears, yet there was no sparkle, no sign of life. Your eyes widened and you crouched down in front of him.

"Blair?!" You exclaimed, grabbing his shoulders. His eyes widened even bigger and the last of his tears had fallen down his cheeks.

"Onee-chan?" It was a whisper. You almost didn't catch it, even with your amazing hearing. You moved your hands from his shoulders to cup his face.

"Yeah, it's me, your onee-chan," you replied quietly. You haven't seen your brother in twenty two years. The amount of joy that you felt was almost overbearing.

"Onee-chan...?" He said again, this time louder. You smiled widely and nodded, tears coming to your own eyes. The sparkle came back to his eyes, causing them to shine brighter than any gem you've seen. He wrapped his tiny arms around your neck and you completely engulfed him in your arms.

"Onee-chan...!" He said over and over, wanting to be sure it was you and not some ghost or apparition. You pulled away from the hug and wiped the tears from his face.

"I'm here," you said reassuringly. "Why... are you here?" You looked around at the dark, desolate atmosphere. Blair looked down at his hands.

"When those bad people came into our home and I died, I came here. I've been here the whole time. I... I was able to see you, but I saw what those people did to you. They were hurting you and I couldn't do anything about it..." More tears fell from his face and plopped into the water below you two. You hummed quietly and looked down, gently running your hand along the top of the water. You brought your hand back up and rubbed the liquid between your fingers, your brows furrowing.

'This consistency... it's not water...' You thought.

"Blair... exactly... how long were you crying?" You asked slowly, looking up at your younger brother.

"... I don't know," he replied, wiping his eyes. Great. You're trekking through your brothers tears. What a nice thing to put on your resume.

"Listen. I'm here now, and I'm okay. You don't need to cry anymore," you said quietly, raising his head to look at you. You smiled and lightly kissed his forehead. "There's nothing to worry about anymore. I'm safe now." You softly touched your forehead to his.

"But what if you're not?" He asked, grabbing your face with his small hands. You let out a soft hum.

"Well... that's something for me to worry about, that's all," you replied, smiling reassuringly at him. He nodded softly and went in for another hug which you gladly accepted.

"I love you, Onee-chan," he said quietly.

"I love you too, Blair," you replied as bright, golden orbs replaced Blair's body. The orbs slowly rose up into the abyss, lighting up whatever they floated to. You smiled, seeing them all float away. At least you got to see one family member that truly loved you.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}