Astonishment

You entered your house, still a little concerned about what happened. If someone touched you, is that how you'll react? Every time? But when Erwin placed his hand on your shoulder, you didn't react like that. Maybe because that was a gesture of kindness and care. But what if that happens every time? Someone touches you, and you just pull a knife or a gun on them? What if you actually hurt them... or kill them? You hadn't actually thought about it until recently, since no one has ever touched you. You sighed quietly as you stalked down the stairs.

"Is this where you lived?" You heard Levi ask from behind you. You turned around and saw Levi fingering some of the wood, rubbing it in between his fingers. You sighed.

"I did the best I could. We do have a working shower down here though," you replied, walking down the rest of the stairs. You heard Levi follow you down the steps. You walked a few feet before turning a corner and opening a hidden door that was camouflaged in with the stone wall.

"Holy shit..." Levi breathed softly.

" Levi breathed softly

"Let's see... you got shotguns, bullets, hand guns, machine guns, some grenades, swords, knives, and..." You reached towards the top shelf and pulled down a pair of gloves. "Pairs of these gloves." Levi looked at the vault in awe.

"You know you're fucked if someone gets their hand on these, right?" He asked as you grabbed a sword and hand guns, and shut the door. You nodded.

"Of course. Why do you think it's hidden? Besides, it's not like you can get in easily. The doorknob was designed to a specific radius you have to turn it to for it to open," you explained, passing by him while placing all weapons in their desired places.

"Oi, what was that about, with you almost slitting my throat earlier?" He asked, annoyance laced in his voice. You slowly stopped walking and stared ahead.

"I'm just not used to people touching me, is all," you replied before beginning to walk again.

"I have a feeling it's more, but whatever."
You stopped walking and with a sigh, you turned around.

"I just don't like people touching me because it reminds me of the time at the cult, okay?" Your voice raised, but it still sounded calm despite rising in volume. Levi was silenced by that. He didn't expect you sound like that. It shocked him, but he couldn't blame you. "Just... don't touch me." Your voice hardened again in a split second. You got too emotional. That was a slip up that never should of happened. You and him continued to walk without saying another word. Once you exited the house, you looked up at the sky and saw the moon a little past the middle of the sky.

"It's late. Why don't we just stay here for the night? It's about one in the morning. We'll wake up in about five hours to leave," you suggested to the man who was glaring at every dust particle in the room.

"Tch. You're not getting me to sleep on any of this disgusting shit," he hissed, stomping on the floor to get the dust to kick up to prove more of a point.

"Fine. Then you can sleep on the damn roof and fall into the house when the beams give out," you growled back, walking over to your make shift bed and stripping off all of your weapons and lying on it. Levi stood there a moment, watching you get comfortable before he sighed. He slowly sat down on the ground, letting out a small grunt when his butt touched the floor.

"Having fun?" Your voice rang out, amused.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"I'm a light sleeper, so your little grunt woke me up."

"Piss off."
It was silent after that. Being outside the wall for a night seemed scary, but you two were inside a building, and out of sight from titans if they were in the area. Levi crossed his arms and slouched over, slowly closing his eyes.

~
Soft vibrations through the ground made you open your eyes. You slowly sat up and spun your body around so that your feet were placed on the floor. You looked across from you and saw Levi peacefully sleeping. You quietly and softly placed your hand on the floor. You closed your eyes and felt the vibrations grow stronger and closer. You opened your eyes and immediately grabbed your weapons. Softly and quietly as to not wake up Levi. You glanced at him and stopped for a moment. You sighed and placed your weapons down on the bed and stripped off your jacket. You raced downstairs and grabbed a spare cloak and ran back upstairs with it under your arms. You folded the jacket into a small pillow and placed it on the ground next to Levi. You placed the cloak on the floor and spread it out beneath him. You uncrossed his arms and slowly and softly laid him down onto the floor. His head was placed on the makeshift pillow and his body was lying on the cloak instead of the dirty floor. You stood up and went back to the bed and grabbed your weapons. You softly jogged to the door and opened it, seeing it was barely light out. You checked your pocket watch.

'3:36.' You thought. You placed it back and sighed, feeling the vibrations grow stronger. You looked back at Levi's sleeping figure.

"May the force be with me," you muttered before slowly closing the door and running from the house where the vibrations were located.

~
Levi slowly woke up, looking around the house.

"Y/n?" He called tiredly, sitting up. He stopped and looked at where he was laying, seeing the pillow and the cloak. He grabbed the jacket and held it up, immediately recognizing it as yours. He looked towards the bed and saw your weapons gone as well. He bolted up and ran out of the house.

Ja ne!

   {Ruby Red}