48| New Emotions

(i'm testing out a new way of writing so that's why it's different. Let me know if you rather this way of me writing the story)

Happy new year!

Lana's POV

It had been a few days now, Erwin was still recovering from the trauma his body had received. I was sat on my bed, staring out the window watching the world go by. Hanji was taking a nap, well- that was a lie.

I forced her to sleep due to she hadn't slept much. She tried to play off that she was tired but I wasn't having any of it. I look over at her and smile, she was lightly snoring with some drool hanging from her mouth. I was glad to know that she was getting some rest.

I stand up and make my way out of the door, i decided to go see how Erwin was doing. I walked past a few medical rooms which were full with soldiers who had been unfortunate and received either minor or severe injuries.

"Lana" a voice from behind me called. I turn to see the Captain.

"Captain" I salute being as there were other people around, "Come to my office, Erwin is still resting at the moment" he says.

I nod and follow him back to his office, "So what did you need?" I ask once we arrived.

"How are you?" Levi asked.

This took me by surprise due to he never seemed to really care on what people felt, besides Erwin and other higher ups usually.

"You going to answer me?" he raised an eyebrow, "Oh right, i'm doing fine.I healed a few hours after we got back thanks to my healing powers" I rub the back of my neck, "what about you? Have you been alright? Since...you know" I say looking down at the floor.

"You don't need to feel bad Lana. I'm feeling alright" he sighs, " I miss them if that's what your implying" I look up. "Yeah, I do miss them, and Mike's squad too.

"Well let us not let their deaths be in vain, shall we?" Levi asks whilst holding his hand out to me.

I look at it for a while and hesitate to take it. "You wanted to go see Erwin right? Let's go"

I place my hand in his and we make our way to Erwin's room where he was currently recovering from the Eren rescue mission. We didn't need to knock the door, Levi simply just waltzed in there. Turns out that Erwin was awake now, it was just the three of us.

I sat down beside Levi which was to the left of Erwin's bed. "How are you doing now?" I ask looking at Erwin. I had never seen him with facial hair before, it was obvious that he had been out for a while.

"I'm doing fine, i'll just have to get used to using just one arm now. That won't stop me though" a slight chuckle escaped the blonde man says

"Don't be an idiot Erwin. We can't lose you just yet" Levi said

"I'll worry about my own limits Levi, besides. I think you have more important thing to focus on in this current situation" Erwin speaks whilst pointing at Levi's hand which never left mine ever since he reached out for me to hold.

I was about to move my hand away but Levi's grip tightened. I just looked at the man who was staring at Erwin.

"Anyway!" I say to try and cut the tension. "Has anyone else visited today?"

"Not yet, Pixis is supposed to be here though" Erwin explains, "He should be here soon"

I nod in understanding

"So what's going on between you two? Usually I wouldn't accept relationships in the scouts but you two fit eachother" Erwin smirks

"Oh we aren't to-"

"I appreciate it Erwin" Levi spoke

Well okay then

"How have you been doing Lana? I saw you take a few hits yourself back there" Erwin asked.

"Oh, i'm doing fine. My titan abilities healed me so I was good to go after a few hours, I was a bit tired after though. We just need to let everyone rest right now, especially after that mess"

"Eren is alright before you ask" Levi spoke.

"Good"

A knock at the door interrupted us. "Probably Pixis. Come in" Levi said

The door opened and it was Commander Pixis. I salute but he waves it off due to he knew me personally.

"Glad to see that you're doing better Erwin. That was a close one" Pixis sat opposite Me and Levi.

"Yes well, if it wasn't for Cadet Jaegar here I wouldn't be here" Erwin said looking at me.

"That's what you get for swinging your arm around with titans coming at you" I joke and he laughs lightly.

"Well he's here now. God knows what we'd do without your brains Erwin" Pixis says.

"We'd be in a hell of a lot of trouble, that's what" Levi said.

The three men continued to converse. My mind wandered elsewhere in thought. Mostly me trying to figure out why I felt so awkward and nervous holding Levi's hand.

Maybe it was just because it was sudden and I wasn't expecting it? My other question is why Levi didn't deny that we were in a relationship. I would've liked to be informed about this new factor of my life before he does shit like this.

"You should shave my old friend, you'll look old" Pixis joked

"I guess I haven't really had the time" Erwin smiled back.

Levi looked over to me but said nothing. I did the only thing I could and smiled.

Once he looked away I started to admire his facial features. How is the man so perfect?

Wait. No . Lana this is your Captain. You cannot say stuff like this about him. Stop it! This isn't you!

I mentally scold myself for doing such a thing. I had deep respect for my higher ups, I shouldn't view them in such a way like I did.

"You seem a little distracted Jaegar" Pixis turned his head towards me

"Hmm? No sir?" I say and he raised an eyebrow.

"Captain Levi tried talking to you but you spaced out" Pixis explained.

"Did I? Apologises sir" I say looking at Levi

He just shrugged and moves his hand so his fingers intertwined with mine.

~ Heart.exe has stopped working ~

(I've started a Todoroki story if you wanna read it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )