20| Support

Flashback
(Few weeks ago before Trost)

"Why do we need to do this!" some cadet complained. I defended him when he was getting yelled at by Captain Levi and he didn't take that lightly and ended up giving us double cleaning duties. "If you could just listen to orders and not need someone to save your ass, we wouldn't be doing this in the first place" i sigh. "Ugh Captain Levi is so mean", "hey! he may get on your nerves, hell. He gets on mine but he's your Captain, you still need to show respect. Even if he is rude", we continue on cleaning for about another 30 minutes. This cadet wouldn't stop complaining about this cleaning, it was their own fault for scaring the damn horses on purpose.

"So uhh, are you and the Captain a thing? You seem defensive over him" they ask. I pit my cloth down, "Seriously? Me and the Captain" i laugh "Jeez you remind me of Petra when you say that" i place my hand on my temple. "What's your name anyway?" i ask, "Leila, just call me Leila" I nod "I'm Lana Jaegar"

"Are you two brats done talking yet?" Levi appeared from around the corner, "also for the future cadet, don't talk shit about your superiors. Be glad Lana here said it in a much nicer way than i would've" he says which makes Leila gulp. Levi sighs "You're done here, go clean the stables. Don't scare the horses this time brat" he orders. I pick up the supplies before heading to the Stables. "Where do you think you are goinng?" he asks me. By this time Leila would've made her way to the stables, "you said to go to the stables and clean now sir" i say. "I didn't say you, i was talking to that brat" "Okay, i guess i'll keep cleaning then" i say as i continue cleaning. Levi stood there leaning against the wall. i won't lie, from this angle he looked even more attractive which i though would be impossible. OKAY OKAY! I said it. Levi is handsome, but i'm not the only one who thinks that.

I scrub the window sill making sure that all possible dirt was destoryed. My hand started to cramp from cleaning, I hear Levi sigh behind me. "Is everything okay?" i turn to face him, "I was just thinking, that's all" he replies. "Okay then" i go to turn to go back to cleaning, "Why did you defend me back there?" he asks, "you heard that huh? Well you're my Captain and I have respect for you, i respect all of my superiors". Levi scoffs "I've done nothing that deserves respect", "yes you have sir, i mean for one you saved me a few times to when I messed up with my ODM gear for example and you saved me from severe injuries when I fell. You also train your cadets hard so they can survive outside on expeditions, you're a good Captain sir and you do deserve respect" I admit, he seemed a bit taken back by my words. "Thanks for the compliments" he mutters, "Ahh sorry, I kinda went off on a tangent, my bad!" I say.

"You know, you are one of the only cadets who don't seem scared of me. Why is that?" he asks me, "I feel like you are underestimated about your personality, I know the cadets think your some stubborn man but I was taught as a child to not base people's personality now, but to just be kind because you never know what has happened in the past to someone" I say. "huh, well thank you"

Flashback end

/ / /

"Hold on! I got an idea!" Armin yells, "What is it then?" Connie asks. "Only you three are capable of pulling this off, so it's really your choice" he starts, this kid has to believe in himself more often. "This may sound crazy. But i think he may be useful" "Woah you mean the titan?" Connie said in a shocked tone. "He only attacks his own kind. He seems to have no interest in us. What if we can somehow strre him to HQ and let him loose on the other titans? Look we know he's taken at least one out already. We can use him as a weapon!" Armin explains. "Armin, consider the risk in this, how would we even get him to go that way?" i say, "Well something tells me that he's fighting on instinct. I'm almost sure if you take down the pair he's tangling with now, he'll go look for others. That would lead him straight to HQ, we're not steering him so much as luring him. I think it will work" he finishes.

"Think?! You're asking us to risk our lives on a stupid gut feeling?!" Connie yells. I sigh "If Armin is right about this we can put down the seige on headquarters in one fell swoop!". There was a small pause

"It's worth a shot" I look at Mikasa, "Better to take a gamble on Armin's gut feeling than waiting around to get slaughtered. If there is a decent shot, why not take it?" she says. We all agree on the plan and make our way over. I jump from the roof and slice the nape of the titan whihc was making it's way to the abnormal titan. We sped past it and made our way to headquaters,when we arrived i saw that titans were climbing all over. We smashed through the window, to be met with Jean with a shocked look on his face. "Am i dreaming this or what?" he asks, Connie was patting Armin's back with a smile on his face. "You're a certified genius! From now on as far as im concerned your word is law!". "We came across an abnormal who kills his own kind" i explain, "Armin came up witha plan to lead this thing here and suprisingly it worked" i say.

They all began to argue wether to trust it or not. I went deeper inside the building to a room to which i assume had the lift down to the suppply room. I was trying to think of a way we could get rid of the titans which were down there. What would Levi do? I know we can't just go down there and kill them, it sounds easy but these rookies aren't all experienced.

"Curitosy of the Military Police!" Jean yells as he walks into the room with a few other soldiers with boxes. They set them down and they had guns inside of them. "Are guns even effective?" "They are bound to be better than nothing" Armin replied. I was stood in the corner observing the rookies converse with eachother. "We are looking at 7 titans in the supply room, of the 4 meters tall variety, if we time this perfectly, this ammo should be enough to do the trick."

Armin explained the plan and we got to it. Me, Mikasa and a few others all set up our spots on the top of the room waiting for the group of soldiers to come down on the lift to mamek the titans come into position.

I watched as the lift lowered and everyone got ready. The titans started getting into the spot where we wanted them. "Almost" Marco said, the titan moved ever so closer. "Fire!" he screams and everyone starts shooting. I take this shot and jump down and slice the neck. "Is everyone okay?" I ask, "Sasha and Connie missed!" a tall boy yelled. "Get out of there!" i yell, a blonde girl and Mikasa take out the two other titans out. "IT WORKED!" Armin yelled. I smile at the accomplishment.

We were all clear of titans and started filling up our gas tanks and stocking our blades back u p. God did it feel good to have this feeling. Id never really felt like that before because if i was ever on an expedition i would conserve my gass much better than i did today. Everyone flew off to escape but i noticed Armin and Mikasa on top of a roof looking down. I fly up to them and notice that the abnormal titan was getting eaten by two other titans. Well this was new.

More heavy steps could be heard and i look over to see a 15 meter titan approaching. "Oh no! It's the titan which ate Thomas!" Armin yelled. "I assume that was one of your squadmates?" i ask which was answered with a nod. The abnormal started to run at it, getting its arms ripped off in the process but it attacked it and bit the nape. It began swinging that titan around and killing the others before collapsing to the ground.

"Alright, enough of this, lets leave whilst we still can" Jean says, but everyone's eyes were glued to that titan. "We're lucky the ugly bastard didn't get bored. We'd be next on the menu" Jean carries on mutterng behind us. My eyes were glued onto the nape of the titan and a human rose from it as it opened up.

Eren?

/ / /

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Eren is alive? LOL as if someone reading this story didn't already know :)

anyway have a GREAT day!

- Em