15| Crashing down

Most of this chapter is a flashback btw just a heads up
/ / /

I use my ODM gear and fly through the woods, just to get some more training in. I head into the forest and begin slicing some of the napes of the fake titan dummies, as I'm looking around for more fake titans my head starts to space out.

/ / /

Flashback

We had  returned from yet another expedition. I was completely worn out from this one, I luckily had no injuries. It was around 11pm and most people were asleep but for some reason I couldn't. Is it up in bed and look across my room see Hanji wasn't there. She was most likely in her office again. I stand up and grab a lit candle that was beside my bed. I head to the mess hall, I thought maybe a cup of tea would help me get sleepy.

I get to the mess hall and it was only slightly lit by some candles that were still alight and the one I had in my hand. I go into the kitchen and grab a cup where I hear the door creak open, it made me jump and I grab my spoon I had. "Who's there?" I ask, "What are you doing awake at this time Lana?" I hear a deep voice say. I couldn't see his face but I instantly knew it was Levi, "Oh Captain" He lights some of the candles in the room so I could now see everything clearly. "Did you seriously grab a spoon as a defence weapon?" he scoffs, "It doesn't matter how blunt the object is sir, if I hit you hard enough with it, it will hurt making it working as a defence weapon" I lightly laugh. His face expression softens and he grabs the tea and boils the kettle. "So are you going to answer my question?" he asks, "Oh right, I just couldn't sleep" I say "Was it Hanji? I'll tell that shitty glasses to shut up if so". "Captain it's alright besides she's never in our room anyway" I say.

He sighs and pours two cups of tea and handed one to me. "Also just call me Levi when we are alone, the formalities get annoying all of the time" he says, "Alright then" I say as I sit on chair and Levi sits next to me. I sigh and take a sip of my tea and look at the small necklace I had on. "Is that some family heirloom or something?" he asks pointing at the necklace around my neck, "Oh this? it's just some cheap necklace my father bought for me over in Sina, I just wear it to remember that I still have my family out there......well" I tear up a bit "You know what happened to my mother but I just hope my father and Eren are safe" I say. Levi puts his hand on my shoulder "I'm sure they are fine, if they are just like you i'm sure they are okay" he says. I smile a little. "Do you miss anyone from your family?" I ask, he seemed to stiffen up when I asked that, "If it's personal you don't have to-" "You know the underground right? Well I lived there for a part of my life" he starts, "oh, that must have been horrible" I say "It was, my mother was a beautiful woman. She was a prostitute down there and I happened to come along, instead of getting me aborted my mother kept me." I sit there drinking my tea as he explains his past to me. "As time went along she became sick and eventually passed away leaving me all alone, I was nine" he says. "oh, i'm sorry" I say "I had some friends" he sighs "Farlan and Isabel were their names, they were soldiers like you and I." He didn't need to say anything else, I understood what happened.

"What are they like? You're family?" Levi asks, "oh boy where do I begin. Well my father is the famous Dr.Jaegar and my mother was a waitress in some tavern, then there's Eren and Mikasa. Eren loves to get into fights, he usually does it to defend his friends but he doesn't win." I laugh at the memory I had. "He wanted me to teach him how to fight because I would swoop in and save him, obviously I wouldn't hurt the kids but I would just scare them off" I laugh lightly. "And Mikasa isn't actually a biological family member, we took her in after an incident happened" I say as I yawn. I swear I heard a small laugh from him. "Tired?" He asks, "no, I'm okay. You?" I ask. "I barely sleep, I'm lucky if I get at least 3 or 4 hours of sleep a week" he admits, "oh right, that must suck" I reply with a yawn after again. I place my elbow on the table and lean my head on my hand. I use my free hand to feed the cup of tea to my lips. I feel my eyes getting heavy and look up to Levi who was looking at me. "What?" I ask.

He quickly goes back to drinking his tea, "oh nothing. Anyway have you finished your tea?" I nod and he takes the cup and heads into the kitchen. I didn't realize that I closed my eyes and soon the power of sleep consumed me.

Levi's POV

"What?" She asks, I didn't even realize I was staring at her. I take another sip of my tea "oh nothing, anyway have you finished your tea?" I ask which was followed by her nodding. I take her cup and head to the kitchen and made myself another cup of tea and placed Lana's cup in the nearby sink.
As I head back out to where Lana was, I noticed her head was on the table and I heard light snores coming from her.
She must be asleep. I take off the jacket I had on and placed it around her shoulders so she wouldn't get cold. I look at her for a small while and I smile. Obviously I made sure no one was around when I smiled but it was just good to know she was sleeping peacefully.

My eyes begin to feel heavy so I decide to rest my eyes. Not sleep. Just resting.

3rd person

The two soldiers slept peacefully next to each other in the mess hall. But a certain titan obsessed human was looking for her best friend due to she wasn't in her bed when she had returned from her studies to her dorm room. The tall brunette entered the mess hall and saw the two there and mischievously smiled. She walks over to the two sleepyheads and wakes them up.

"Well isn't this interesting"

Flashback end

/ / /
Lana's POV

I smile at the small memory that came into my mind but that distracted me from a huge branch which I was quickly approaching. I couldn't react quick enough and crashed into the branch and hearing a crack. "Crap!" I say as I panic and try and launch my hooks to another tree but my ODM was broken. I close my eyes waiting for the pain of when I would hit the ground which I was falling down to quickly

But that pain never arrived.

/ / /

HELLO! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I wanted to get some Levi and Lana time in this story.

I hope everyone is doing well during these times :)

Stay safe

-Em