32| Showing trust

This chapter was longer than I expected, Anyway enjoy!

"Black smoke!" Eren shouts, "Damn it, the damn thig has been on our assess since we got in here" Eld says. "Blades drawn. Now" Levi orders and we all draw our blades out, "It'll happen in an instant" he adds. Eren looks at me nervously and nod to tell him to keep calm. Eren turns his head to watch a soldier from the defense squad appear from the trees. I look ahead to see Levi staring right ahad. I keep my guard up at all times, i knew that if this went bad. Eren would transform.

Huge thuds were heard from behind us as this 15 meter titan approached us. Eren gasped. "Go! MOve it!" Levi yells and we all speed up on our horses. The female titan tried to grab Eren but missed so she ended jumpping over us. I grib my glades tighter as i keep my eye on the female titan. " It's catching up!" "Captain! Engage the ODM gear?!" Petra yells but we heard nothing from him, "Reinforcements!" i turn to see a soldier try to take it down but the female titan grabbed the ODM wire swug him around and crushed him against a tree with her shoulder. I winced. "Captain! Your orders!" petra yells, "Let's take it out!" Oulo shouts. I look down at my hand deciding wether to fight or not. Better not, who knows what they'd do if they found out that i was one too. Most likley lock me up and question me as i fi was some spy or something, i wouldn't put it past them to be honest but i don't mean any harm when keeping my secret but i don't tell them due to they'd ask questions i don't even know the answer too, which would make me seem even more like a traitor.

"Tell us to engage sir!" Oulo yells, Eld draws his blades back out "I'll cut the bitch". I look behind us and notice how close the female titan was to the squad. "Crap" i mutter, "Sir she's too close, she'll kill us all if we hold out much longer" i say. Everyone else began shouting asking for orders from the Captain. "Your orders sir! Please!" Eren yells from beside me, Levi raises his head "Everyone cover your ears now" he says as he pulls out a flare gun and a high pitched sound could be heard even with our ears covered.

"Remind me, what is our mission. Is it to act on impulse in the heat of the moment? Let me answer that question for you. It's not, this squad's mission is to keep this brat alive, no matter the cost. Don't forget it" he says as he turns his head back. "We keep pushing forward on horse back. Is that clear?" Levi asks. "Yes sir!" i reply, "But for how long? We can't keep running forever!" Eren says looking back at the titan on our tail. "If we don't do something soon- No! They keep coming!" Eren shouts as more soldeirs try to fend off the female titan from us. "Stop looking behind us!" Gunther says, "Keep pace with the group. Maintain top speed or we are all dead!" Eld yells. Eren continues to argue and Oulo gives me a look to sort him out.

"Eren move on. This is reality. It's not great but they're laying down their lives to protect you! Keep looking forward damn it! We all want to live through this! OUt here you need to worry about yourself first before you worry about others! That's life and i know it's selfish but keep looking forward!" i shout at him, his eyes widen. "How can you say that Lana! People are dying back there!" Eren argues, "This is the scouts Eren! What do you expect, not everyone comes home!" i shout. "Lana come on!" he argues back. "Eyes forward! And do as your told" Petra yells at Eren,, "Are you telling me to abandon my comrades!?" Eren yells. I'm never a person to shout in pure annoyance but this is where i just let loose.

"Damn it yes she is Eren! Listen to your god damn orders given by the Captain! Unless you all want us to die too!" i shout in anger. This was probably the first time people had seen me full on scream at someone due to Oulo's and Eld's reaction to when i finished my rant. Eren shuts up and raises his hand as if to bite it, "Eren don't you dare!" I yell, "You're only allowed to assume titan form when your life is in extreme danger! That was the agreement! You swore an oath!" Petra yells. "I wouldn't blame you" Levi starts, "Do as your concious dictates, but Eren listen. You are inheritantly Evil, your ablility to change doesn't make you a monster. That said it could be the other way around, wether you lose control or give up. Maybe it's the same. At the end of the day it depends on how you see it, the choice is yours. You can trust yourself or you can trust the people willing to put their lives on the line for you, i don't know which was is better. I never have" I start to think about when he told me about Isabel and Farlan and i sigh quietly.