33| Hearing out

After a while, everyone calmed down. I took Eren to a hallway and sat with him until Levi joined us and rested against the wall. "Surprised you didn't attack any of them there Lana" Levi speaks up as he makes eye contact with me. I don't know why but that kind of made me blush lightly, it wasn't obvious though, "Same. I wouldn't let them hurt my brother. You know that Levi", "L-Lana! You're supposed to call him sir or Captain!" Eren mutters.

I laugh, "it's fine Eren" Levi says and I raise an eyebrow to which Levi rolled his eyes to. Eren sighs and puts his head in his hands, "That was definitely an eye opener out there, I didn't know how little they trusted me", "How could they? We barely understand your powers or anything to be honest. It's expected but they only went off on instinct. They aren't just a bunch of mindless machines" Levi replies.

I decided to stay quiet and Levi noticed but didn't say anything. "Captain Levi, Section Commander Hanji would like a word sir" Moblit popped around the corner. Eren stood up and left and I was about follow him until someone grabbed my hand. I turned around and it was Levi. "Uhh sir?" I ask, "Just hold on a second" he says and I turn fully to face him.

"Why were you quiet? Don't think I didn't notice" "I just have anything to say? Believe it or not sir, I can actually shut up" a huff of amusement came from him. "Alright, I trust you" he says looking up at me. I looked down to see his hand was still holding mine, it was very soft and gentle holding my hand. It was a bit out of character for Levi but I shrugged it off, I mean I'm not complaining about holding hands with the handsome Captain after all.

I cough to get his attention as he stared at me, he looked down and noticed his hand and let go. "Let's go" he says and leaves without saying another word. Why did he grab my hand? I mean he could've like tapped my shoulder or something. Plus he stared at me for a while? Probably had dirt on my face.

I shrug it off and walk into the room where Hanji, Eren, Moblit and the rest of the squad were. Hanji smirked as she saw me walk in after Levi for some reason but i took no notice of this. "So what have you found?" I ask crossing my arms. "I think there is more to just self harm for Eren to trigger his transformation" Hanji begins, "Lifting a Boulder, Saving from canon fire.... I believe having a task in mind is a key part to your transformation...such as" she says as she opens a towel and there's a spoon.

"Is that" Eren asks "the very one, it seems that when you went to pick up your spoon, and with the wounds on your hands still there it triggered it" Hanji finishes. She got it straight on.

"So you're telling me that you didn't transform on purpose?" Elf asks making me look at him, "yes sir" Eren replies, and the group sigh and look at eachother, then nod. They all lift their hands to their mouths and bite their hands like Eren would. "Wait what are you doing!" Eren asks. I saw them all flinch at the pain from biting their hands so hard, I wouldn't blame them though. Whenever I used to bite my hand to transform, it would hurt like a son of a bitch, I tell you that.

"Ow okay that hurt like a bitch. Damn kid, how do you do that even to draw blood?" Eld asks. "What was that for?" Eren asks, "we made a judgment call today, and we were wrong. Take this as our way of apologising" Gunther speaks. "Uh it's ITS! Okay!" Eren stutters a response. I smile slightly and Levi catches that smile. He wished to see that smile again but it didn't last long.

"We won't be a team if we don't trust eachother Eren. So trust us" Petra says and Eren nods

/ / /

"Eren make a decision!" Levi yells and I stare at him worryingly. "I'M WITH YOU!" He yells, we all smirk knowing that we will be fine and we continue on.

The loud thuds of the crushing footsteps from the female Titan was heard behind us and some anxiety started to build up inside of me but I made sure no one saw.

"Shit! She's getting closer!" Eld yells, "ignore it! We'll lose her soon!" I reply. A few moments of silence and she jumped and attempted to crush the whole squad but thankfully she missed and slammed her foot into the ground and stopped for a second. "FIRE!" I hear being screamed and a bunch of explosions were heard from behind. It was Erwin and they fired off anchors that attached onto the female Titan and stopped her in her tracks.

I sigh in relief and we continue on. "Eld is in charge while I'm gone. Tie up the horses a bit further up from here, I'll
Re join with you all later" Levi orders. "Yes sir!" We all reply and he jumps off his horse and zooms off into the trees to meet up with I assume Erwin.