21| Decisions

My eyes widened as I saw Eren emerging from the titan.

Eren's a titan shifter, how? I get snapped from my thoughts when I notice Mikasa was running towards Eren. I jump down and land next to Eren as Mikasa was checking for a heart beat. "He's alive!" She cried, I smiled knowing that he was okay. I place my hand on his cheek, "You're going to be fine Eren"

/ / /

We brought Eren up to a roof on the supply building, he was still unconscious and Mikasa wouldn't let go of him. I understood why. I sigh . This isn't how I expected a few days in Trost to go like, I really hope that the Scouts have been alerted, even though they just left for an expedition this morning. Which I missed seeing them leaving due to that meeting I was meant to go to today.Armin grabbed Eren's hand and held it. "He- he was dead. How?" Armin asks, "I have no idea, but I know for sure that this won't be taken lightly by the military" I say

/ / /

The Garrison got hold of Eren and I was forced to stand by the higher ups due to this apparently a scouts matter? I don't care who they were, that's my damn brother who just came out of a titan.

"Sir, if I may he's-" "That's enough soldier, like ive said. This isn't scout business". I stand in front of him "Actually sir, it is. My brother, Eren Jaegar just emerged from a titan. Which makes it Scout business because all we do is deal with big bad titans whilst you lazy shits stand arouns on your fat asses all day" I didn't care if I spoke rudely to that higher up, i'd do anything to protect Eren.

"You're all gonna die" I hear Eren mutter, "Eren?" Armin asks. I tried to make my way to him but I was getting held back, I could easily take them down but I knew it would only cause more problems for this situation. So I had no other choice to stand there and watch.

"Eren you have to tell them everything! They are scared but they will understand" Armin pleads, I was so desparate to explain all of this but I couldn't. I promised to my father

/ / /

Flashback

"Lana, you know the basic facts about the titan shifting ability. No matter what situation you're in. You cannot tell people about this, who knows what chaos this would bring inside of the walls". "But fathe-""Promise me Lana. Promise me you won't let this secret out." I look down, "Yes father"

Flashback end

/ / /

"Catch that? He said we were all gonna die!" A soldier yelled, "Not much you can say after that, the son of a bitch wants to eat us!" another yelled. I knew just by the look on Eren's face that he didn't have a single idea to what was going on here.

"CADET EREN JAEGAR! MIKASA ACKERMAN AND ARMIN ARLERT, THE THREE OF YOU HAVE JOINTLY COMMITTED AN ACT OF HIGH TREASON!" the man in charge said (Author-chan has forgotten many names in this story, apologies)

"WETHER OR NOT A SWIFT EXECUTION IS THE RESULT DEPENDS ON YOU!" "What?" Eren says. "Sir if you-" I start, "Quiet!" and he continues "ANY ATTEMPT TO MOVE FROOM WHERE YOU STAN, ANYTHING I DEEM THE LEAST BIT SUSPICIOUS, WILL BE MET WITH CANON FIRE!" he shouts. My heart drops, I knew I couldn't do anything which broke my heart even more.

"EREN JAEGAR! ARE YOU HUMAN OR TITAN?!" he yells. "I'm sorry sir! I don't understand!" Eren replies. The leader scoffs "Son of a bitch is playing innocent" "Listen to him!" I say but I just get ignored. "ANSWER ME, DAMN YOU! EVASION WILL GET YOU NO WHERE! DON'T YOU TRY TO STALL WITH PRETEND IGNORANCE! YOU WON'T STAND A CHANCE! YOU'LL BE BLOWN TO HELL BEFORE YOU CAN ASSUME YOUR TRUE FORM!" he continues to yell.

"What true form?" Eren asked innocently. "PLEASE! SCORES OF US SAW IT HAPPEN! YOU EMERGED FROM THE CARCASS OF A FALLEN TITAN IN FULL VIEW OF YOUR COMRADES! A CREATURE OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN ABILITY MANAGED TO SLIP THROUGH WALL ROSE. WHIC IS YOU!". Eren looked at me asking if that was true and I simply nodded and he looked shocked

"YOU ARE A RISK TO HUMANITY AND I WON'TLET THIS SITUATION STAND! WHO KNOWS! YOU COUOLD BE HERE TO BE AN AVERSION FOR THE ARMOURED TITAN WHO COULD BE OUT THERE RIGHT NOW! I CANNOT WASTE MORE MANPOWER ON YOU!" the leader yells. "Sir, are you out of your mind?!" i yell, "Silence!" he yelled once again

Mikasa started muttering some things that i couldn't hear but everyone else sure did. I think they were just thinking that Mikasa was threatening them.

"ONE MORE TIME! ARE YOU HUMAN OR TITAN?!" everyone was now staring intensly at Eren. "I'M HUMAN!" Eren shouts back, a large silnce fell upon the area, "So you say" i hear the man mutter. "I'm left with no choice" as he says that he raises his hand to signal the canon to be fired. "SIR!" I yell.

Mikasa starts to run towards Eren, grabbing him. But Eren starts running back. I was getting held back as i struggled to run to him.

A huge explosion was heard aslong with the bang of a canon ball. I coughed as smoke surrounded the area. When the smoked cleared we all saw a titan torso there. Eren what are you doing?

Everyone stared at the huge thing in front of them. I knew Eren did this to protect Mikasa and Armin. Eren ripped his arm out from the nape. He most likley reunited with Armin and Mikasa.

"BLAST IT!" some soldiers yelled. "Hold your fire!" i yell. "Why are you defending it!" they yell at me. "That's my brother you ass! Let him explain without being rational" i yell.

"Captain, the canon is ready, your orders?" "All troops will await my orders!!" he yelled.

/ / /

The smoke cleared, and Armin appeared from the smoke. Much more yelling can be heard. i wasnt listening.

"Eren isn't a foe of humanity! We're willing to coopterate with military command and show everyone everything we have learnt about his powers!" Armin yelled

"He revealed his ture form and because of that, he cannot leave here alive!"The Captain yelled "If you insist that he's not an enemy of ours, show me proof! Otherwise, we'll blast him back to whatever nightmare he crawled out of!". " You don't need any proof! The fact of the matter is it doesn;t matter what we perceive him to be! Armin argues.

"What?!" "The reports say hundreds of soldiers saw him. And those who were there say he saw him fighting other titans! And that means they saw him get swarmed by the titans as well. To put it plainly, the titans recognised him the same way they see each and every human being as their prey! It doesn't matter how else you may look at it! That's an irrefutable fact!" he yelled.

I smirk at how much he of an effect he was having on the soldiers, he was finally getting through to them. "Prepare to attack! Don't let yourself be sawyed by his cunning lies!" the captain shouts. What the hell?!

"The titan's behaviour has always been beypnd our comprehension. I wouldn't put it past them to assume human form." He's just scared of what he doesn't understand! Coward! "He's speaking our language! In an attempt to decive us I refuse to let them continue this behaviour unchecked!" he yelled. "You're out of your mind!" i yell

Thats when Armin snapped. "I am a soldier! and i have dedicated my heart to restoration of humanity sir!" he starts, "Nothing could make me prouder than dying for such a noble cause! If i were to use his titan ablility and combine it with the manpower we have left, I believe we can doit! We can retake this city!" damn.. this boy was letting it all out

/ / /

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm focusing more on the plot at the moment (if you couldn't already tell) but we will see Levi soon!

- Em