𝟭|𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗲

the leaves crunched under your feet, the cold crisp air blowing into your face, and the pretty colors of the leaves floated around.

the streets were bustling as you were walking down the sidewalk to your morning classes. college in the fall was surprisingly easy, at least for you.

many others have dropped out of their courses already, because of the 'stress' that was put upon them so soon. but you weren't one to give up so easily.

"y/n!" a voice called out from behind you.

running your way, was your brown-haired friend, sasha braus.

her hair was up into a side ponytail, a scarf wrapped tightly around her neck and a big puffy jacket that looked like it was swallowing her.

"sasha!" you waved back.

"i'm..so glad...i found you." she was breathless from the running she did to approach you. sasha was athletic but not very well in her endurance category.

"where you heading to, sasha?" you turned to her, handing over a bottle of water that was in your bag.

"uh, y/n. i think you forgot but, we go to the same college."

"i know that," you laughed. "i'm just saying, you never take this route. so i assumed you were going somewhere besides class."

"oh! well, uh i just took this route because..."

"because..?" you nudged her.

"connie ran ahead and i got lost." sasha sighed, slamming her hand against her forehead.

"idiot." you said under your breath, but she heard.

"i have straight a's you know!" she crossed her arms over her chest.

"and like, three b's."

"those don't count!"
________

classes were normal, as usual. the basic writing down notes, lessons, and everything regular college students would do.

it was time for your lunch, and you went out to one of the benches on campus to eat. sitting at a tree nearby was a blonde boy with an undercut, and a girl with short black hair with a crimson scarf up to her nose.

the blonde boy seemed to be reading something out loud from a notebook, while the black-haired ate something while scribbling into her notebook.

leaves were piling up around the spot where they sat on the grass, the wind blowing pages in the blonde's book.

"y/n. who you staring at?"

you jumped, and turned around to see sasha standing with a container in her hand.

"you scared me sasha! warning next time." you said, while sitting down at a bench under a nearby tree.

"sorry! but hey, look at this." she opened the container that was in her hands, and inside were many multi-colored macaroons. "cool, right?" she beamed at them, picking a pink one from the container.

"where'd you get those from?" you said, picking up the green one and biting into one. it tasted like green tea.

"well, mikasa ackerman made them. she's really good at baking! we're in the same culinary class- hey, are you listening?" sasha followed your line of sight, noticing you were staring at the blonde boy and black-haired girl sitting across the pathway.

"staring at people is weird, y/n." she whispered, and you jumped again.

"yeah-sorry. i was just, thinking." that was an obvious lie, and sasha noticed quickly.

"that's armin arlert! he's super smart. like, top of every class. he's...attractive too."

"yeah, i agree on that part." you mumbled, your eyes landing on armin again.

sasha stood from the bench, "and he's with mikasa!" she waved, "heyyy, mikasa!"

"sasha! what're you doing?" you whisper-yelled, grabbing her back down to the bench.

"mikasa and i are friends! c'mon, let's go sit with them." sasha pulled you off the bench and towards armin and mikasa.

up close, armin was more attractive. he had shiny blue eyes, and pink lips. he had an undercut, and a yellow leaf sat in his hair.

"good afternoon, sasha. and you are?" mikasa said, scooting over to make room for you and sasha.

"y/n. i'm friends with sasha." you shook her hand, pulling your knees up to your chest.

"i'm mikasa. mikasa ackerman." she said once more, her voice soft.

"i know! sasha told me about your macaroons. plus, they're really good. you should teach sasha." you giggled, watching as mikasa laughed as well.

armin still hasn't greeted any of you ever since you first wandered over. in fact, he hasn't even looked up from the book he was reading out of.

"armin," mikasa cleared her throat, nudging his ankle slightly.

"yes?" he said, his voice was nice as well, it had a softer tone to it.

mikasa pointed her head in the direction of you and sasha, closing the book in his hands.

"oh. hello! who are you?" he asked, plucking the yellow leaf from his head.

"i'm sasha braus, this is y/n." sasha grinned, pointing to herself, then you.

"cool." armin said, turning to mikasa. "why are they here again?"

"for lunch, armin. now eat." she shoved a lunchbox towards him, and took a sip of her own drink.

"now if i may ask, what are your guys' majors?" you said, taking another bite from the macaroon you had in your hand from earlier.

"marine biology." armin said.

"i'm stuck between culinary or nursing right now." mikasa huffed, opening a bag of chips.

"culinary arts!" sasha smiled.

"how about you, y/n?" armin asked, a small smirk across his face. his hands were on his face, and the sun made his skin glow.

"business." you said, sweat dripping down the back of your neck even though it was forty degrees outside.

"mm, you seem more like a politics person to me," he said, leaning back against the tree. " but business is cool too."

"thank you."

he nodded in response, going to back to eating his lunch.

mikasa & sasha chatted for a bit, while you and armin talked here and there about school, jobs, and interests. one thing you had in common was that you both worked on the same street. you worked at a cafe, while armin worked up at a hotel.

an alarm rang from sasha's phone, causing everyone under the tree to jump. "what happened now, sasha?" you groaned.

"it's time for afternoon classes! i'm going to be late!" she yelled, packing up her stuff quickly. "i'll see you later!" she said, waving.

"i supposed we should get going to." mikasa said, turning to armin who was also packing up his stuff.

"i agree, mikasa."

you helped them pack up their things, and clean up your trash from lunch.

"i'll see you around, y/n." mikasa smiled, pulling her scarf up to her nose.

"hope we can eat together again." armin added, shaking your hand.

"me too. have a good day!" you yelled back, waving at the two.

armin & mikasa.

you hoped to see them again,

especially armin.

————-