𝟯𝟯|𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗳𝗲𝗿

p/n= pronouns

song at •

i want you by mitski
**

your time at armin's house was over. you said goodbye to his mother and carla, thanking them both for treating you so well and accepting you.

the feeling was mutual, they had said multiple times they were going to miss you.

you were going to miss them too, so much.

the drive back was quiet, unusually quiet. the whole time armin was driving, it seemed like something was bothering him. he joked less, talked less, he even complimented you less.

as much as it bugged you, you decided not to ask anything.

but finally, you and armin arrived back.

he dropped you off at your apartment, helping you with your bags and making sure you got inside safely.

just as he was about to turn around, you stopped him. "babe, wanna come inside for a bit? i have something to show you."

"please don't let this end up being a prank."

"it's not! you'll love it."

you led him outside the car and up to your apartment, wrapping your hands around his eyes. "follow my steps."

armin nodded, stepping carefully and stopping where you stopped.

"keep your eyes closed until i say so," you quickly turned around, using the key to unlock the room you've been waiting to show armin for a while.

the bookroom.

armin raised an eyebrow at the noise of you pushing open the doors. "god, what the hell are you doing?"

"just wait!" you called from inside, rearranging some of the chairs and placing out a few books on marine biology you found. running back over the armin, you stood behind him. "okay, on a count of 3 you can open."

armin smiled, "i'm excited."

"3..2...1!"

armin's eyes flew open, instantly gasping. "oh my god." he turned to you, "you've been hiding this?"

"course not! just haven't found the time to show you."

sunlight poured in through the windows, the room still smelt like old books.

armin dashed back and forth across the room, picking up books here and there, commenting on things, and asking many questions.

"this is amazing!" he grabbed you by the wrists, kissing you. "you should've showed me sooner."

you laughed, "i should've, seeing how happy you are. i should take a picture of the look in your eyes."

armin chuckled, grabbing your face and kissing you.

the kiss lasted longer than usual, armin pulled you closer to him. his hands trailing down your body.

•things would've escalated if armin didn't pull away.

"hey, uh i have something to tell you." he looked upset, playing with those rings on his fingers.

your brain was jumping to conclusions, even though you knew armin wouldn't do such a thing.

"sure, but make it quick i'm hungry." you tried to lighten the mood, and convince yourself that whatever armin was going to say wasn't so serious.

"i transferred colleges, to one that's really going to help become a marine biologist."

you weren't sure why armin was so upset about this, it was great news. "that's amazing armin! but, why do you seem upset?"

"it's in another state, and i'll have to leave to attend."

"well, how long will you be gone?"

"until my studies are over. probably a few years. then i can get a good job and study more and-"

"you deserve it," you said, running your fingers through his hair. "when do you leave?"

"next week."

the news has hit you like a truck, but you couldn't be mad. armin was doing something that was good for him, it was good he was actually trying. but, it was the fact that he was leaving on such a short notice.

this happens to many couples. one moves far, they lose contact, and they become strangers again.

you don't want to be pessimistic but, you wouldn't be surprised if that did happen between you two.

"we're going to spend so much time together now, i'll call you everyday, i'll even give you the keys to my house," he paused seeing how you laid against him, the look of sadness plastered onto your face. "i'll be back so fast it'll be like i never left." armin's voice dropped to a whisper "i'm sorry."

"why are you sorry babe? this is a good thing for you. don't worry about me."

"i'm sorry for leaving. but, i'll always think of you, promise." he pulled his phone out of his pocket. "we're spending this whole week together and taking a lot of pictures, i'll bring them all with me."

armin held up his phone, and took a quick picture of you laying against him. "first picture."

you playfully hit his chest, taking the phone from him. "say cheese!" you spammed the photo button, taking many blurry and off guard photos of armin.

"yeah, posting all of these."

**

im going on vacation on monday, so there might be no updates until next weekend. sorry!

major time-skip coming up