𝟮𝟮|𝗺𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀

cw: self esteem issues

title :)))
***

the sun was shining bright, the sky was blue.

although the sun was out, it was cold. winter was approaching, birds were migrating, animals starting to hibernate. but you on the other hand, was on your way to armin's house.

you say in the passenger seat of sasha's car, sweating like crazy.

"what do i say when i get there? do i hug him? or like, should i give an attitude?" you asked, clearly overthinking this whole thing.

sasha sighed. you couldn't blame her though, she's been listening to you ramble for about 10 minutes. "relax, i'm sure he invited you to talk for a good reason. just, walk in and be cool. then, hear him out."

you groaned, "i guess you're right...but, should i tell him how i was texting jean during our movie night? i don't wanna make things worse and-"

"y/n."

"hm?"

"you got this. tell him everything. okay? i'll be a few blocks away at jean's house so call me if anything goes wrong."

you chewed on your bottom lip, nervous and hesitant. "okay. thank you, sasha."

she grinned, "of course. now go!" sasha basically pushed you out of the car, shoving your small bag into your hands.

sasha drove away before you could turn back around, and you were stuck in front of armin's house.

'there's no turning back now' you thought.

"god i wish i never said yes to this," you groaned, walking up to the front door and knocking softly.

'maybe he's not home.' 'what if he's busy?' 'he's probably hooking up with another girl right now.'

your thoughts were interrupted by armin opening the door, wearing sweatpants and hoodie with a relieved smile on his face.

"hey," he said, moving out of the doorway for you walk in.

"hi," you stepped in awkwardly, as if you hadn't been in house before. you slipped off your shoes and placed them by their regular spot and hung your coat up right next to armin's.

"bedroom or living room?" he asked, playing with those damn rings on his fingers again.

"anywhere is fine." you said, looking down at your feet.

so, armin led you up to his room. this time, the picture of annie wasn't there. in fact, it was replaced with a picture of eren, mikasa, jean, connie, sasha, and you. when you guys went downtown.

armin sat on his bed, his fists clenched in his lap. "sit, stand, lay down, i don't care. do whatever you want, just-please listen."

you sat down right besides him, waiting for an explanation.

"i'm sorry." he whispered.

"sorry is not going to cut it armin."

"i know! i just- don't know how to put into words how sorry i am. i never stopped liking you y/n," armin's lip was quivering. "when i saw you with jean, i didn't really loose feelings. i just thought that- you were happier with jean."