𝟭𝟳|𝘁𝗵𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿

thank you guys sm for 20k reads!! i love u all <3
cw: low self esteem

for the song above, play at * symbol (optional)
___

"shit, what do i even say when he gets here? he's been acting weird lately, like- more distant. what's going on with him?" you asked, pacing around the bookroom with the phone on your ear.

"ask him what's up. that's the only idea i have right now..." sasha replied, talking through a mouthful of food.

"you're barely any help," you sighed, sitting down onto a nearby seat. "i'll let you know how everything goes."

"mhm! just call me whenever- uh, gotta go!"' sasha hung up fast without saying anything else.

now it was just you alone, waiting for the 'i'm here text from armin.

this was the first time he was going to be actually stepping into your house, and hanging out with you.

armin's been acting different lately, like quieter and less talkative. he's barely texted you lately as well. did you do something?

your phone dinged, and you scrambled to grab it.

it was armin.

armin: i'm here.

"fuck," you groaned, trudging towards the door of your apartment. before opening the door, you put peeked outside through the peephole, and armin stood there with his phone to his ear.

it was hard to make out what he was saying, but you could've swore you heard your name.

"armin!" you cheered flinging the door open. you held out your arms expecting armin to hug you, but he didn't. he just nodded.

"hey," armin sighing, slipping off his shoes and placing them by the door. he looked more tired than usual, like he hasn't slept. "so, how about a movie?"

"what-? well, i was thinking more of us doing something more fun yknow? like maybe i can teach you how to make that pasta! for like, an interactive experience." you stood as you watched armin sit on your couch, his hands clenched in his lap.

"y/n,"

"hm?"

"i'm not feeling it right now. can we just, settle for a movie?" armin looked up at you, with wide eyes. they looked like he was pleading, begging.

you finally gave in, "i guess we have to."
_

the movie was straight garbage. you were on the verge of falling asleep 15 minutes in, and armin hasn't said one word. if he wasn't in the mood, he could've just said that!

you've just about had it.

"armin, if you weren't in the mood to hang out anymore you could've just told me. you're so gloomy today! what happened? got rejected?" you giggled at the last line you said, trying to lighten the mood but it just made armin look more upset.

"i said i'm fine."

"alright well, i suppose we'll watch the next movie."

armin couldn't contain himself anymore, he had to ask. had to. the question has been stuck in his head, and it won't leave.

"y/n," he finally spoke up.

you turned to look at him.

"are...you and jean...dating?"

you mentally facepalmed. why does everyone keep asking that? you and jean were just friends.

"no armin, and even if we were why would you care?"

armin started playing his fingers, biting his bottom lip.

"also, you have that annie girl don't you?"

armin froze at the mention of her name. how did you know about annie? "i don't know an annie."

"don't fucking lie to me. i saw her on your nightstand. framed." your voice raising higher.

"so? why would you care?" armin said back. using your own words against you. "we're just friends, right?"

you stood from the couch, he wasn't supposed to find out this way. he wasn't. "friends? friends don't almost kiss each other!"

"we were drunk, y/n. and according to what everyone else is saying, we're just friends. i've heard it from everyone. mikasa, sasha, eren. every single one of them told me you said the same thing. just friends." armin stood too, staring into your eyes. "unless...you think of us as something more?"

"i know what you're trying to do here, and it's not going to work you asshole." you grumbled, trying to hold back from slamming this man's head into the wall. "you know exactly how i feel about you. and, i know you feel the same way too. i'm not stupid."

**(song above -optional)

armin knew he liked you, he did. shit, he was in love. but, he knew you probably hated him now. you deserved someone good. "i lost all feelings for you when i saw you in that cafe with jean," armin said, his eyes visibly beginning to tear up.

"you saw us?"

"you're not letting me finish, y/n."

armin cleared his throat before continuing again. "yes i did see you, but it was completely a coincidence! seeing you in there with jean, just made me loose all my feelings. if i'm being honest-"

"what then? you still like annie?" large amounts of rage were building up inside of you by the second.

armin nodded slowly.

"so you've been leading me on?"

armin bit his bottom lip, fiddling with his rings again. "i wouldn't put it that way-"

"get out, armin."

at that moment, armin regretted everything he said. he didn't still like annie, or loose his feelings for you. all he wanted you to do, is to hate him. hate him so you could move on, and be with someone better than him. he deserves shit for making you feel like you were being led on.

armin spent wasted no time grabbing his things and walking out the door.

"i hate you."  you yelled out the door of your apartment. those words are tough to get out but, it was how you felt.

but was it really?

you opened a window in your living room, staring out up at the sky. it was storming outside. thunder, heavy rain, and lightning. how fitting for the occasion.

what you were feeling was like thunder. thunder was something that could represent anger, fury, rage. the loud booms and crashes of it, your emotions were exactly like thunder.

"armin arlert...i thought we could've actually had something." you whispered, the cool air blowing against your face.

armin arlert. armin arlert. armin arlert. that name bounced around your mind, memories coming along with it.

you didn't feel like doing anything else besides crying. getting lead on was the worst.

armin wanted to punch himself many times. he regretted everything he said back in your apartment, he wishes he could take it back, hold you in his arms and apologize profusely.

the only thing he did do, was rant to eren. armin did eventually end up crying into his shirt.

you on the other hand, didn't text sasha or mikasa.

you didn't want to cry or rant.

you wanted to get your mind off of armin.

so you texted the person who you knew who be glad to help.

y/n: are you free right now?

jean: you bet.

___