𝟰|𝘄𝗮𝗸𝗲

birds chirped right outside your window as you stared up into to the ceiling, not wanting to get out of bed.

the night before left you drained and you couldn't even keep your eyes open. but, classes start in two hours and you couldn't be late.

you dragged yourself around your apartment, from your room, to your bathroom, then kitchen, the front door.

just before leaving, your phone dinged and a message from sasha came up on your screen.

sasha: why am i here before you?

y/n: i'm coming. just fucking exhausted

sasha: knew it

you rolled your eyes at the message, but sasha was right. you stayed up way more than you were supposed to, and now you had to deal with the consequences.

____

the walk to your classes was fucking miserable, you felt like you were going to collapse and fall asleep on the spot. but, eventually you did get there and make it on time.

class had started as soon as you took your usual seat. you already started to feel yourself doze off until you spotted a familiar face in the back.

armin.

you were confused on why he was here, he takes marine biology ...

you felt yourself start to sweat a little. why were you feeling this way over simply seeing armin? your eyes stayed glued on the back of his head, your pencil not moving across your notebook once.

a hand waved back and forth in front of you, one with pretty gold rings stacked on the fingers. armin's smile came into view as he waved his hand in front of your face from a distance.

he pointed his finger towards to board, trying to redirect your attention to it.

you turned back around, your face going hot from embarrassment. you didn't even realize you were staring at him for that long..

but again, exhaustion came over you. you laid your head down on your desk, the pencil in your hand dropping. and you fell asleep on your desk, the words of your professor drowned out.
________

"y/n!" a voice whisper-yelled.

you opened to your eyes to see someone standing over you, trying to shake you awake. standing above you was armin. one hand was in the pocket of his coat while the other was placed on the center of your back, attempting to wake you up.

"armin," you said rubbing your eyes, noticing a damp spot on your notebook which was probably drool.  "what're you doing?"

he took his hand away from your back, starting to pack up your stuff that was on your desk. "you fell asleep. i was going to wake you up earlier, but professor ackerman said not to and you'll face the consequences on your own."

you watched as armin's hands moved back and forth across your desk, putting your things into your bag. "thank you."

"no problem."

you two sat in silence for a bit, before armin spoke again. "long night huh?"

"yeah, i was up cleaning." you stood, pushing in the chair you were sitting in.

"you know, i like cleaning. if you ever need help you can just ask me!" armin said, smiling at you again.

"eh, i don't want to bother you. plus, i have sasha help me all the time."

"let me guess, she left early huh?" he laughed to himself, knowing sasha would be the type to bail on certain things.

"yep. i had to do the rest by myself.".

"that must've been exhausting."

"it was!"

armin laughed, then a silence came over you two again.

"i think we should go..the time is going by fast."you walked towards the door of the classroom, moving out of the way for armin to go out first.

"you're right. eren and mikasa are probably waiting for me."

eren.

you thought back to the night before during your encounter with eren. right now could've been the perfect opportunity to ask armin how eren could've recognized you but you figured that would've came off weird and invasive. so, you didn't ask anything else for now.

you nodded and waved, "have a good day armin!"

"you too, y/n!"
_____

the halls were more crowded than usual, and you had a hard time maneuvering around people. you knew sasha had to be around somewhere, you just needed to find her.

it took awhile, but you finally found sasha. back in the corner of hall talking to connie springer.

connie has been friends with sasha way before you had and you would talk with him here and there. you considered him as a friend, he was a fun person to talk to.

"good afternoon y/n!" connie cheered.

"good afternoon connie."

"finally you're here! i almost went to look for you myself." sasha said.

"of course you did."

"sasha always does this! i had to hold her back from walking into your classroom!" connie groaned.

"yeah whatever. but y/n, i have a quick question," sasha said, smirking at connie.

"go ahead."

"why did you walk out the classroom with armin?"

you shifted on your feet, pulling your bag closer to you. "it's not like that. i just fell asleep in class. he woke me up that's all."

"so that's why ohe came out red?" connie said, who then got kicked in the shin by sasha.

she pushed connie out of the way, and started walking down the hall. "ignore connie! anyways, i'm hungry, come to the vending machines with us y/n!"

you followed the two going down the hall and to the vending machines with the thought of armin lingering in your head.

_____