𝟭𝟭|𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿

the sound of music flowed through the house, smell of bacon and pancakes filling your nose. birds were chirping outside, and sun shined onto your face.

a pain shot through your head as you sat up on the couch you were on, causing you to hold your head an groan in pain.

"fuck.." you whispered, getting up slowly and shuffling towards the kitchen.

it seems you had forgot you were staying at armin's house, so you were surprised when you saw him at the stove making breakfast, listening the music and humming under his breath.

a part of you felt safe, comfortable even. waking up like this in armin's house made you feel like you two were a married couple, waking up to see your husband cooking breakfast.

you cleared your throat, trying to get armin's attention. he turned around, his eyes going from surprised to soft once he saw you standing in the doorway.

armin's blonde hair was messy, it covered most of his eyes. there were some dark spots under his eyes, but his smile was still bright, his eyes still pretty.

"good-morning y/n! hope you had a good night, i made breakfast!" he grinned, scooping a pancake onto a plate that was besides him.

you wobbled over to a seat at the counter, groaning as you sat. "thank you armin," your head was still pounding, and at this point it hurt to even talk.

"what's wrong? is everything okay?"

"yeah, just have this horrible headache. probably from drinking or something- but i'm fine." you said, forcing a smile and digging a fork into the pancake that laid before you.

"you're not fine, and that's okay. i have something for you," armin said, walking over to a cabinet. the cabinet was filled with medicines, syrups, bandages, anything. he grabbed a container of pills and a water bottle, and placed them in front of you. "here. take two of this and you should be fine in like, 30 minutes."

the act made your face go hot, and made you feel like sweating. "thank you armin, for all of this."

armin smiled, "of course! but, i'm wondering what happened that made you have such a bad headache..."

"probably the drinking, i think i was tipsy last night. i didn't do or say anything embarrassing- right?"

"well...about that...we can get into that later. but now, do you want coffee or tea?"

"tea." you said.

"got it."
——

it was now around 1:00, and you and armin sat on the living room couch, both doing your own thing. you were now showered and cleaned up still wearing armin's clothes, on your phone and armin sat on the other couch with a book in hand.

there was a comfortable silence between you two, both of you doing your own thing. neither of you had addressed what happened the night before, armin was on the verge of kissing you, and you were too. but you felt it was good the both of you decided to forget and ignore, act like nothing had happened.

the silence was broken by armin sitting up, and scooting closer to you. "how's your headache?" he asked, his palm against your forehead.

"good, better than before. my phones probably not helping though," you said. your headache did get better after eating and taking the medicine armin gave you.

"right," armin said, slowly grabbing the phone from your hands and placing it on the coffee table. "uh, eren and mikasa want to go downtown- if your headache gets better..we can go? you know, to make up for the party."

a smiled threatened to show, you bit your bottom lip to hold back. "sure. only if my headache gets better."

armin smiled, going back to his spot on the couch. you also laid back against the pillow, the blanket draped over your body. your phone wasn't near you, but the tv was on playing some shitty cooking show. the show didn't have your attention anymore, you really wanted to talk to armin.

"what book is that, armin?"

he looked up at you and glanced at the cover again. "something about ocean animals, i'm not sure."

you sat up, "you like that stuff?"

"by stuff, you mean marine biology?" he laughed.

"yeah! like, that's what your interested in?"

"yep..i want to to be a marine biologist when i'm older. but not just ocean animals, studying the ocean itself. i've always loved it, always wanted to learn more about it." armin's eyes sparkled when he talked about what he enjoyed, which showed he was really really passionate about it.

"that's so cool! i've never really thought about what i want to do in future, i'm just trying to pass to get out of college already.."

"you'll make it! and don't worry, you'll find something soon enough i promise."

you now sat up even more, leaning towards armin,'"but like-how did you find out you liked marine life? did you go to the beach or something?"

"actually, my father was alway about exploring the unknown. he used to teach me all about stuff. like the ocean, forests, everything nature related. the things humans don't know about. he wanted to be an explorer, or scientist that studies that kind of stuff but he sadly uhm...passed away," armin said, his voice trailing off.

"oh, i'm sorry armin," you felt like you could cry right there and then at the look on armin's face.

"sometimes i feel like- i disappointed him, because i've been slacking in my marine studies and i feel like he's watching me- shaking his head...wondering why he wasted his time on me." and at that, armin burst into tears, he hid his face in your lap his tears wetting the blanket.

you stared down at armin for a bit, confused on what to do. should you embrace him? give advice? or let him get it all out?

your hands slowly made their way around him, you pulled armin closer, running your fingers through his hair.

"armin, i bet your father's so proud of you, you're doing so well. he would love to see what you became now and if you want, you can come to my house to...study more. i'll help you in any way i can, alright?"

armin's sobs stopped, and he looked up at you. his nose was red and his eyes were red and puffy. he sniffled, "you really would?"

you nodded, wiping excess tears off his face.

"thank you. y/n, thank you." he smiled, you were now buried in his embrace.

"yeah..yeah. no problem armin."

the two of you sat on the couch in each other's arms again, chatting and some snacks here and there.

then you remembered the suggestion of armin brining you downtown with him, eren and mikasa. you did really want to go, but at the same time you didn't want to invade on their personal time. but going with armin...could strengthen your relationship with him, get you closer...

"so...how about going downtown?" you asked.

armin sat up and looked at you, "you're feeling better?"

you nodded, "feeling amazing."

armin smiled, his eyes sparkled. "alright! we're going downtown."

_____