𝟯𝟱|𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲

p/n=pronouns

armin's pov this chapter.
***

that day when i left y/n hurt. i left behind the memories of us, the times we had spent together. kissing, laughing, making love, and just enjoying the company of each other.

the scene of p/n smiling wouldn't leave my mind, and it hit me that i wouldn't see that smile, or hear that laugh in person for a long time.

i've had many partners in the past, but y/n, oh my god.

the one i needed most.

p/n warm fingertips against my skin, and those soft lips against mine every night were things i lived for.

y/n spent more time at my house than theirs, but that wasn't a bad thing. i loved waking up to p/n almost every morning, and the fact p/n voice would be the first thing i hear.

shit, i never thought i would see myself like this for someone else.

but now, two years later, i wake up alone. not the warmth of y/n's body besides mine, not p/n fingertips trailing down my back. just an empty spot.

we still talked. we face-timed everyday, texted like crazy, sent photos of everything, but that just wasn't enough.

the new college was fun, though. i made new friends, got a smaller apartment close to campus, and adopted a cat.

a small white kitten i had found on the side of the road while walking at night. in the rain. poor thing, it was shivering, looked like it hadn't ate for days. i took it in, bathed it, fed it, played with it. even came up with a name, stellar.

y/n would love her, i would definitely bring it back to p/n. we would raise it, together.

i'll make sure of that.
**
shutting the door to my apartment, i walked over to the kitchen, placing the bags full of groceries onto the counter.

stellar walked over, and nuzzled her face against my leg. kneeling down, i rubbed her head. i was interrupted though, my phone rang in my back pocket.

y/n.

quickly, i picked it up. "hello?"

"armin! hey, guess what?"

"guessing." i said, smiling like an idiot at the sound of p/n voice.

then, y/n told me about how connie got sasha and themselves kicked out of an arcade. i listened, making comments here and there while putting away groceries.

"hey, i think i'm gonna go! i have to do some things around my house and get ready for a test-"

"of course, go do what you have to do. call me in the morning, kay?"

"i will. goodnight."

"night." i hung up, sighing.

people say time flies, but for me, time seems to be going slower everyday.

spring break starts soon, which means to classes to attend for a couple of weeks.

maybe, just maybe. i can find a way to see y/n. maybe surprise p/n. bring stellar too.

i don't know, i'm tired, i just need to sleep. although, sleep was getting difficult for me too. i would study a lot, and stay up late. but y/n was always there. begging me to go to sleep, and would make sure i was okay.

but, i stayed up late again. no one to help. sure, p/n tried to help over the phone but it failed.

just as i was about to pull out my textbooks again, a text from y/n appeared on my screen.

make sure to sleep tonight.

i laughed at the timing, quickly replying and throwing myself onto my bed. stellar came climbing up next to me and curled up besides my legs.

"p/n will be the death of me, stellar." i whispered, running my hand down her fur. "don't worry though, you'll love y/n. i bet p/n feed you tons of good cat food."

she purred, i laughed.

y/n and i could've been laying here together, playing with stellar. only if.

my god, p/n never leaves my brain.

i'm in love.

only if i told y/n that two years ago.

**