𝟭𝟯|𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻𝘁𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗽𝘁.𝟮

p/n=pronoun
_________

"sasha,connie, jean and y/n! you're going to get us kicked out!" mikasa said, causing the four of you to immediately fall back into your seats.

"sorry..." sasha mumbled, taking another sip of her milkshake before her.

"i knew we should've left you guys." eren said, rolling his eyes.

"you don't mean that!" jean yelled back, slamming his hands on the table.

"oh, but what if i did?" eren raised his eyebrows.

"fuck you jeager." jean mumbled, sitting back down into his seat. the table erupted into laughter, other people in the cafe turned to stare at you guys.

"besides," jean said, putting his arm around your shoulder "y/n would protect me! right?"

"i don't think p/n would want to do that, don't you think?" armin said, staring at jean with his lips in a small smile.

"p/n would." jean said, pulling you closer and rubbing the top of your head.

during your time at the cafe, you and jean became closer. he told you about his interests, his family life and you did the same. you two actually had a lot in common. but armin's eyes always made their way towards you and jean when you were talking to him.

he sat on the other side of the table, with eren and mikasa while you sat on the other sides, with sasha, connie and jean.

sasha whispered into your ear, "you and jean are getting along well, huh?" she giggled.

"shh! it's not like that! we just have a lot in common." you whispered back.

"yeah, whatever. but armin's been glaring at you two this whole time!"

"i've noticed.."

sasha giggled again before turning back towards connie, and you glanced at armin. he was talking with eren, a stern look on his face.

it was pretty hard to hear what they were talking about from across the table, the cafe was loud and they were whispering.

a hand made its way around your neck, and a voice spoke from behind you. "starin' at armin?"

"i'm not staring, mikasa." you said back, nudging her a bit.

"yeah, sure."

"i overheard eren and armin talking. they said something about talking to y/n..." mikasa said, her finger on her chin.

"talking to me-? there's nothing to talk about."

"hey, i'm just saying what i heard. just give you a heads up." mikasa said before walking back over to her seat next to eren.

you wondered what armin wanted to speak about-

"hey y/n. can we talk?"

you looked towards the voice and standing there, was armin. he hands were in his pant pockets, a smile smile across his face. this is how he always looked when he talked to you, his cheeks dusted pink as well.

"sure, what is it about?"

he bent down near your ear, his fingers brushing against your face. "in private, please."

you nodded, and with no questions asked you got up from your seat and followed armin towards the tiny hall separating the male and female bathroom.

armin took a deep breath before speaking, "so, i've been noticing you and jean have been getting closer lately."

"yeah! we have a lot in common, he's a good guy."

"i guess you're right about that. but-"

"but what?"

"he's not the person you would really want to date, he's like-"

you cut armin off right there, walking closer to him. "i never said anything about dating him, armin. where are you getting this from? also, why would you care?"

"nowhere! i'm just telling you. in case you two decide to take this further, so you don't get hurt or anything...." armin looked down, ashamed and embarrassed. his bottom lip started quivering.

"me and jean are just friends." you whispered, before walking back out to your table.

armin wanted to run into the bathroom and hide, how could he embarrass himself like that? he wanted to act like he didn't care if you and jean started dating, but he really did. he ran his fingers through his hair and took one deep breath before walking back out again.

***

it was now night time, the city lights shined brightly.

all of you were tired from shopping and running out downtown, it felt like you all could fall and fall asleep right there. that feeling wasn't new to you though.

armin and jean were the only 'awake' ones. so they helped everyone else get into their cars. jean helped mikasa into eren's. armin helped you into his, then he went over to help sasha and connie into jean's.

finally, after what felt like forever armin came back to the car, sitting down next to you in the drivers seat. "finally. going home," he sighed, starting up the car. "jean said for him to text you by the way." armin said.

you basically woke up completely when he said that.

"what?"

"he told me to tell you to text him. i don't have any idea why, nor do i care." armin's voice was more serious and annoyed that time, his eyes stared ahead at the road. maybe he was tired too.

"okay..." you trailed off, but found your place again, "thank you. for everything. you know, bringing me here with you guys and stuff, letting me stay at your house for a few. i appreciate it." you said.

armin's face turned slightly red, and his hand made it's way to your hand again. "no problem. i want to do this more often with you anyways. would you like that? but, just you and me next time."

"i would really enjoy that, thanks."

you smiled to yourself, and leaned up against the window preparing yourself to sleep.

armin's phone rang and you caught a glimpse of the name scrolling across the top of his phone.

annie

before you could say anything, or feel anything, you fell asleep.

armin's voice fading out into the back of your mind.

***
things are going to get a little aggravating :)