𝟭𝟲.𝟱|𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹

happy friday! glad you all made it through the week <3 !

a/n: this chapter is a conversation you and armin had before everything else happened.

this chapter isn't occurring after armin sits by you and pretends everything is okay, this is just an extra bc it's friday :)

just a cute part before the...next chapter :)

**

"now, what if you had to choose between living forever or everyone you care about living forever?" you asked, staring up at the stars.

"that's a hard one," armin chuckled. "probably..."

"come onnn, answer!" you pleaded, nudged him playfully.

"fine. probably...everyone i care about! eren, mikasa, my mom, and...you...!" armin blushed at the last part he said. "how about you, y/n?"

"probably myself."

armin sat straighter, and turned to look at you.

"what? why? wouldn't you want the people you love live longer? i mean, if you really care about them." armin was no longer staring at the stars, he was staring at you.

"yeah, that's what most people think. but, the end of the world will happen sooner or later. so, why would you put those you love through the pain of living through that? watching people die left and right, wouldn't you put that on yourself if you really loved them? they could rest in peace, while you take all the suffering for them, y'know?"

armin stared at you in awe, his face was lit up in the moonlight. he looked, gorgeous. "i didn't...think of that. you're crazy smart y/n." 

"yeah well, most people don't." you smiled, and turned your head towards armin. "do you think that, in 5 years-"

armin stopped you, holding up his hand. "hold on now. you think we're going to still know each other in 5 years?"

your throat went dry for a second, embarrassed. "well- i hope. most likely not but, i wouldn't be mad if we did."

armin chuckled at that and scooted closer to you. "continue."

"in 5 years, do you think we'll accomplish everything we wanted to accomplish?" you were worried for the future a bit, like what you would do as a profession, your financial status, and if you would have a family of your own.

"we definitely have the opportunity to. there'll be people there to support you all the way. and if i'm being honest y/n, i think you'll be able to accomplish anything you want." armin said. but, he wasn't just saying it just to say it, he meant it.

"will you support me?" it was a dumb question to ask but, you couldn't stop yourself from asking.

armin's hand reached over to yours, squeezing it tightly. "no, i'll be by your side. working to accomplish the dreams of my own as well. we can do it together, how does that sound?"

you nodded, smiling. "i like the sound of that."

you two sat in silence under the stars for a bit. a comfortable silence. you and armin's fingers intertwined, your bodies warming each other up.

"moon's pretty, right?" armin whispered from besides you. 

"very." you whispered back.

"i'm starving," armin groaned, leaning back onto his hands.

a bit of his shirt lifted, revealing his toned abs.

"jesus armin! you workout?" you asked, flustered.

"yeah! every other day with eren." armin's cheeks were tinted pink, he was playing with his rings again.

"i should watch one day." you smirked, watching his face.

"what?!" he laughed nervously, with the most horrified look on his face.

"i'm kidding!"

"oh," armin sighed, turning back to the stars.

"not really though."

"y/n!"

***
i like to call this, 'the calm before the storm'