𝟭𝟮|𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻𝘁𝗼𝘄𝗻

**

"downtown?" you asked, watching as armin walked across the living room, cleaning up a bit. "but isn't that a you, eren, and mikasa thing?"

armin laughed, stopping in front of you. "yeah. it was. now it's a me, you, eren and mikasa thing." he smiled, grabbing you off the couch and pulling you upstairs.

"are you sure armin?" you asked, still unsure on whether or not you should go, it wasn't your event to be apart of anyways.

"i'm sure! now, i have some clothes you can wear since it's going to be a bit cold outside and you didn't bring your own..."

armin's voice faded out as you spotted a picture frame on his nightstand. it was him smiling, his arm around a girl. she had blonde hair, blue eyes like armin's, and a hooked nose. the girl in the picture was looking at armin, her eyes soft and a slight smile on her lips.

many thoughts rushed your head at the same time. who could that be? did armin have a girlfriend? the possibility of armin perhaps leading you on made you feel like shit. he doesn't seem like the type of person to be like that, so for now you brushed it off as the girl being one of his siblings or something.

but you got snapped out of your thought again when armin placed a pile of clothes in your hand. "you can change in the bathroom! take as long as you need." he gave you the same warm smile as always, the one that made your heart flutter.

"thank you armin, i'll be done soon." you said, walking out the door and taking one last look at the picture frame one more time.

___

"y/n! i hope you're ready!" armin yelled from the bottom of the staircase.

"coming!" you yelled back, taking one last look in the mirror before going back downstairs.

when you stepped into the living room you nearly fell over.

armin was sitting on the couch, in the best outfit you've ever seen him wear. he had a puffer jacket and a beanie in his other hand, for when it would get cold later on.

"armin,"

he stood up, finally noticing you and looking you up and down. slowly.

"i didn't know you would look this good in my clothes," he chuckled, stepping over to the front door.

"stop it armin!" you laughed, stepping out the door.

armin smiled at you, locking the front door behind him. "alright, let's go downtown!"

***

the city was busy with many cars, buses, and people walking all over the streets.

the noise of the city was comforting, especially with armin by your side.

"we have to wait here for mikasa and eren." armin said, pulling you closer to him so you wouldn't get caught in the crowd.

there was a bench nearby, which you two sat on. it was silent between you two for a second, until armin spoke. "this is the first time i've been downtown in a while,"

"why is that?"

"eh, nothing special really. i just never...had the time, you can say. but now i finally did! now now look where i am, here with you." he covered your hand with his, squeezing it softly.

armin's stared at his fingers for a bit. "here," he said, slipping a ring off his finger and slipping it onto yours.

"keep this, just incase alright?"

you felt like your heart was going to beat out of your chest, and your ears grew hot. "armin! i don't think you should give this to me-"

"keep it! it looks pretty in your hand. and besides," he said, moving your hand side to side to watch the sun shine onto the ring. the ring had a set of wings on it, one blue one white. "i trust you."

you tried to hold back a smile but failed, "thank you."

the moment was interrupted once again when you and armin's names were called out.

"y/n!"

"armin!"

across the street, was eren and mikasa. with them, was sasha, connie, and jean.

jean.

jean stared at you on the bench with armin, a slight smile on his face as he waved slightly. you waved back, smiling as well.

sasha and connie ran across the street, engulfing you in a hug.

"connie! sasha! what are you guys doing here?" you asked.

sasha stepped back, holding your shoulders, "well, eren and mikasa told us they were going downtown and asked if we wanted to come! but they didn't tell us you and armin would be here!"

you leaned into her ear and whispered the question you wanted answered so badly. "why is jean here?"

sasha giggled and leaned into your ear, "he begged to come, just incase we would run into you."

connie joined in on the whispering, "he's closer to us than you think."

sasha and connie were giggling amongst each other, whispering back and forth.

then, hand met your shoulder, and you spun around quickly to see who it was.

it wasn't very surprising to see that it was jean, standing there. "y/n! nice to see you again."

"hello, jean." you smiled back, stuffing your hands into your pocket.

"didn't know you were much of a downtown person, what are you doing here with armin?"he asked, his voice slightly irritated.

"we were hanging out, waiting for eren and mikasa. he gave me this cute ring, isn't it cool?" you said, holding your hand up for jean to see.

"yeah, suuuper cool. can i see it?" jean held out his hand, wanting to get a closer look.

you nodded, and place your hand in his, letting the sun shine onto it.

"hm, this is pretty cool." jean mumbled, squeezing your hand tighter.

you felt like you were getting hot again at the contact, and looked away.

you felt the same feelings when you were with jean and armin, but who would you choose?

there's jean,

but then there's armin.

and right when armin popped into your brain, there he was, standing next to you and staring at jean.

"we're going to the cafè, you can let y/n go now jean." armin said, plastering a fake smile on his face before grabbing your hand and walking over towards eren and mikasa.

maybe sasha was right,

armin is jealous.

****
the downtown part isn't over yet, there will be a downtown pt2 but for now here bc i've been rlly tired with school and all lately, but ty for the reads <3