𝟮𝟵|𝗺𝗿𝘀.𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝗿𝘁

p/t= preferred title
p/n=pronouns
**

today was sunday. the day you were meeting armin's mom.

armin was listening to music, while you were sitting in the passenger seat besides him about to doze off. his mom lived about three hours away, close to eren and mikasa's childhood home.

his phone went off in his bag under your feet.

armin nodded his head towards the bag under you feet "hey, y/n can you get that for me? put it up to my ear too."

you quickly grabbed his phone, sneaking a glance at who it was while handing it to him.

mom

he turned down the music, holding the phone between his ear and shoulder. "hello?"

"armin! are you almost here? i have things in the oven ready for you. i can't wait to see you two again!"

again?

but this was the first time you were meeting armin's mom.

"i know mom, i'm about an hour away. can't wait to see you too."

"alright well, i'll let you focus on the road now. see you soon!"

armin hung up, and basically threw the phone back into the bag under your feet.

you sat up straighter, "what is she talking about? what does she mean seeing us again?"

armin's free hand quickly landed on your hand. "she's probably out of it right now! nothing to worry about,"

"yeah.."

did you believe him? no. not at all.

**

"hey, y/n we're here." a soft voice whispered in your ear, waking you up.

the sun shined in your face, but armin's face quickly came into view. with the sun behind his head, it looked like a halo around his head.

"already?" you yawned, stretching.

he chuckled, "you can, uh, get out of the car when you're ready. i'll get the stuff out of the car." armin said, before kissing your forehead and hopping out of the car to greet his mother.

you could hear muffled greetings between armin and his mother, the suitcases you two had in the trunk being pulled out.

you quickly sat up and pulled down the mirror in the car, fixing up your appearance before stepping out of the car.

you were nervous, you didn't know what armin's mom would think of you.

'she'll love you'

'it'll be fine, i promise'

armin's words echoed in the back of your mind, you wanted to believe him, so badly. but, you just couldn't.

'suck it up' you whispered, grabbing your things and stepping out of the car.

armin's old house was smaller than his current one, but it looked cozy. smoke blew from the chimney from above, there was a porch with rocking chairs on it.

you quickly ran up to armin who was chatting with his mother in front of the door, taking his hand in yours.

you were greeted by his mother with a warm smile, "oh, hello! who's this?"

armin held up your hand in his."mom this is y/n, my p/t."

that warm smile she had before quickly disappeared from her face. "oh? but i-"

"i told you i was with y/n now, mom." the tone in his voice changed.

"oh but, what about annie? that sweet girl i thought-"

"it's cold outside, mom. can we come inside now?"

she nodded, stepping out of the doorway.

you knew this was a bad idea, you should've never agreed to seeing armin's mother, you were right.

but almost as if armin could hear your thoughts, he squeezed your hand and whispered, "i'm so sorry. we'll talk in a bit."

you nodded, following armin and his mom up to his old room.

there was pictures and trophies all over the wall. spelling bees, track races, some basketball ones.

'armin can play basketball?' you thought.

there was a desk in front of a window, with a few science books stacked on it. a telescope sat by the desk. but also, there was a picture of young armin holding a certificate and a man with rounder cheeks and blond hair next to him.

'must be his father," you thought.

his bed was smaller than the one he had currently, way smaller. it had a grey plaid comforter and one teddy bear sitting in the middle of it.

"armin, you'll can be here in your old room. and y/n...there's a guest room down the hall."

"oh! well, mrs.arlert, i thought i was just going to stay with armin. if it's okay with him."

armin looked up from his phone, "yeah that's okay babe,"

his mother sighed, "you wouldn't want to spend time alone in your childhood room, armin?"

"no, i'm fine with y/n mom. also, i think we're going to take a nap." he slipped off his shoes and threw his jacket on the ground. "so, we'll be awake for dinner."

she smiled slightly, and walked out of the room.

"c'mere, sit." armin scooted over on his bed, making room for you. "sorry about my mom her and annie were really close and-"

"if she doesn't like me that's fine. i'll just, deal with it."

"hey," armin turned onto his side to look at you, "remember when i said i would force her to like you if she didn't?"

"i don't think-"

"she's going to love you by the end of the week, okay?"

"sure."

armin placed his hand on your head, placing a soft kiss onto your lips. "promise."

his pinky wrapped around yours,making the 'pinky promise' motion.

the mood changed by semi stretching his arms out wide and yawning. "i'm exhausted!" he flopped his head onto your chest.

your hand ran through his hair, "i don't blame you, you did drive three hours and all. get some rest,"

"didn't i say for you to get some rest?"

"i wasn't the one driving."

"true." armin said, pulling the comforter over you two.

you and armin ended up sleeping past dinner together, and mrs.arlert was not very happy about that.

**