Planning Peacefully 💆🏽‍♀️

Cynthia POV

The car ride home was silent.

King and Ronan wanted to ride with Syx on the way back home so me and Lucas went ahead and headed home. He looked over at me occasionally a few times as he drove.

I know he wanted bad to know what I was thinking. He wanted to get inside of my head, to know my thoughts so he could make me feel better.

But nothing ever could make me feel better. I watched as the trees whizzed by as Lucas never drove the speed limit.

As much as I tried to fight it, the thought of Kaila came across my mind and it was like an anchor was tied to my heart.

It weighed my heart down fast as I placed my hand on my chest.

The sound of her body hitting the ground made me stop breathing, I clutched my chest in an attempt to hide my panic from Lucas.

I closed my eyes and relaxed my shaky breath's as he looked over. Coming to the red light, I noticed he put his turning signal on.

He turned into a nearby gas station and placed the car in park. I held my breath as he hopped out and closed the door. He came around to my side and I finally exhaled as he opened my door. He leaned over me and unbuckled my seat belt.

Grabbing my hand, I let him lead me out the car as he closed the door. The warm air hit my skin and a small smile formed on my face. The sun was slowly going down as I noticed where we were.

Lucas: come on." he said. I noticed the spot me and King came last year when I was stressed about work. He laid peacefully on my chest, as Lucas took the cutest picture of us. I followed him to the exact spot and watched as he sat down before me. He pulled me between his lap and I rested my back against his chest.

I had to admit, this was peaceful and at the same time it was healing.

My face burned as I tried to hold back my tears but I couldn't. It was like holding onto a cough in a quiet room. I bursted out crying, throwing my face into my hands. Turning around, I hugged Lucas hard as all my emotions flowed through me.

It wasn't easy losing a friend, and it wasn't easy watching my friend break down.

So much has happened within these last few months, and I was finally letting myself feel ALL of my pain. Lucas's warm hand rubbed my back soothingly as I clung to him.

I heard the sound of more cars approaching as I continued to cry. There footsteps grew closer as I turned my cheek on his shoulder.

Sammy: say bruh she okay?" he whispered as he held me. I felt Lucas nod his head as Blake sat down next to him. She rubbed my arm soothingly as I held onto my only comfort.

A few more cars pulled in and quickly sucked it up as everyone started to walk over. I turned as the rest of the girls came and sat down. I smiled as everyone sat down in the grass as the sun was slowly going down.

The last car to pull up was my brother, and I smiled to myself because he would definitely enjoy this peaceful place. He hopped out the car and I frowned as he walked around to the passengers seat. He opened the door and bent down as I slowly sat up.

I watched carefully as June went over and bent down to help him, Geo held the door as they slowly stood. Her blonde hair was a dead give away as I shot to my feet. I quickly hopped over everyone sitting in the open grass as Kaila emerged from the car.

Roderick: hold on Cyn, wait." he cautioned as I came to a halt. She smiled up at me as Roderick and June carefully placed her hands around their necks. Dillyn closed the door as I stood eager to hug my friend.