ɪᴍ sᴏʀʀʏ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏs..

Lucas POV

I woke up on the couch as King, Ronan and Solae slept under me. Cynthia's spot next to our daughter was empty as I sat up and stretched. Rolling over I checked my phone as a text message from her popped up.

💍: Hi husband, I went back home to grab a few things and then to grab everyone breakfast. I'll be back soon, I love you Lucas."

I sighed as I put my phone back on the dresser. Yesterday was a hard one between the two of us, going off on her the way I did, I knew she meant no harm.

She had the biggest heart out of anyone and it was something I loved and hated about her. She was so open to being loving that she didn't quite understand the significance of her words yesterday.

I knew my wife just wanted us to live peacefully and normally, and I felt bad for not just listening to her.

Getting out of the pullout couch, I walked to the bathroom and grabbed my overnight toothbrush. The floor creaked as I heard heavy footsteps coming my way, turning as Sam stood in the door way.

Sam: nigga move over." he groaned as he walked past me into the bathroom. I spit my toothpaste out as I looked at him.

Me: nigga, you don't know what privacy is?" I scolded as he glared at me.

Sam: we are brothers, ain't no such thing as privacy." he said.

Sam: now get out so I can pee." he ordered.

I thumbed the back of his head as he groaned out, before walking out and downstairs. The smell of bacon and eggs hit my nose, making me frown as I came into the kitchen.

Me: oh shit." I said as O was cooking for us.

O: wassup Lee." he said flipping a pancake.

Me: nun nun, I see you cooking." I said.

O: yeah, I thought we could have a family breakfast before tonight. Before shit gets real again." he said. I nodded my head slowly as I remembered what Cyn said.

O: why the face, you think I can't cook?" he laughed.

Me: nah it ain't that, Cyn left the spot this morning to grab us breakfast, I just gotta text her real quick to let her know you cooked." I said.

O: aight aight." he said as I jogged back upstairs. I went back into the room I was in, and grabbed my phone off of the charger. I texted her back as King began to roll over. He stretched really big as I pressed send and sat up.

Me: waddup son." I said tucking my phone in my pocket. He smiled up at me as he reached up and gave me a hug.

King: hi daddy." he said. I made a face as his morning breath smacked me in it.

Me: oo boy you need to go brush dem teeth son." I said, pinching my nose. He laughed as he jumped off the bed.

King: where's mommy?" he asked as I checked to see if Cyn texted me back.

Me: mom is out, she's coming back baby boy." I said.

King: are you and mommy going to break up?" he said, making me look at him crazy.

Me: huh?" I frowned as he grabbed his toothbrush.

King: I heard you and mommy arguing bad until Uncle Peanut took me into another room and closed the dwoor." he said. I sighed as I sat down on the bed.

Me: daddy was very mad at mommy, very mad. But just because me and your mommy arguing doesn't mean we are ever going to break up son." I promised.

King: good because you can't lose mommy, she's so pretty." he said, making me laugh.