Chapter 5: How The Killing Game Begins

(3rd Person's POV)

"..." Sora looked on at Sayaka's dead body with a blank stare. She blinked twice before taking a deep breath and letting out a long sigh. Her face began to return to its normal pale color. She looked away from the deceased idol's body and walked out of the bathroom.

"I...should tell the others about this..."

---

The blonde returned to the dining hall. As she opened the doors, the students gave her more questioning stares.

"Shirayuki, you're back!" Hina exclaimed.

"Well?!" Taka yelled. "Did you find Maizono? And where's Naegi?!"

Sora said nothing, but pointed into the hallways. The students looked and each other and nodded. They got out their chairs and went out into the hallways where the dorms were. Sora stood in the middle of the hall.

Four days... Longer than I thought...

Just as those thoughts entered her mind...

BING, BONG! BONG, BING!

"Sheesh, it's about time!" Monokuma said on the monitors. "I was getting bored, watching all you kids do nothing for 4 days straight! Now, everyone head to the gymnasium! We're having an assembly!"

"...?" Sora tilted her head in confusion. An assembly? Right now?

Oh well. Not like I can just say no... Sora sighed as she put her hands behind her back and followed the bear's instructions.

---

As she walked into the gymnasium, Sora saw that she was by herself, which made sense, considering the others were in Sayaka's room. She sat down on one of the bleachers as she waited for her classmates.

A few moments later, the others started piling in, which Hiro carrying Makoto on his back. They all either stood in the gym, or sat on one of the bleachers and waited for Makoto to wake up or Monokuma to appear and tell them what their doing here. Sora couldn't help but notice their stormy expressions. Well, somebody just died, so she doesn't think anybody's in the mood for a school assembly.

After a few minutes of doing nothing in particular, and soft groaning can be heard from Makoto as he started regaining consciousness.

"..."

"Ah! You're awake!" Hina exclaimed, garnering the others' attention. "Are you okay?"

"Now's no time for sleeping. Get your ass up!" Mondo yelled, looking frustrated.

"Huh...?" Makoto blinked twice.

"You were unconscious, dude. I had to carry you back here." Hiro spoke up.

"It's no surprise, considering what happened." Sakura said, her eyes closed.

"What...happened?" Makoto repeated slowly. He looked down to the floor as his mind flashed back to Sayaka's dead body. He grit his teeth in sadness and frustration. "Gh--! Grraaah!"

"H-Hey, are you okay!?" Hina asked out of worry.

"So it wasn't a dream?" Makoto whispered, looking up at his peers. "What I saw... It was real...?"

"That's right. It really did happen." Byakuya bluntly told him. "Maizono...is dead."

The boy widened his eyes in shock. He jumped out of his seat on the bleacher and took of running. Well, he would've if Sora hadn't grabbed his hoodie.

"Hey, where you goin'?" Sora asked, though by the sound of her tone, she was most likely being rhetorical.

"Let go of me, Shirayuki! I have to see if Maizono is--! If Maizono is...!"