Class Trial #1 Epilogue: It's Punishment Time

(3rd Person's POV)

"Uh-oh! Looks like you got it right on the money!" Monokuma said with a chuckle. "The blackened in this case, the one that killed Sayaka Maizono...was none other than Leon Kuwata!"

"Oh, we're back to quoted dialogue." Sora pointed out. "Cool beans."

Once the final vote was received, the students looked at the scared Leon, some expression showing anger, disbelief, and disgust.

"...Huh? H-Hold on a second..." Leon stammered.

"Kuwata..." Makoto said, looking at Leon with a hurt expression. "Kuwata, did you really...kill Maizono?"

"I don't believe it..." Hina weakly said, her hand covering her mouth.

"Good grief..." Sora shook her head.

"Son of a bitch...! What the hell is wrong with you!?" Mondo yelled, looking like he's about to pound Leon into the ground.

"I-I didn't have a choice... It was kill or be killed! S-So that's why...I killed her first." Leon weakly defended himself as he balled up one of his hands and lifted it in anger. "None of you are any different! One wrong step, and you'd be the one standing here! It was complete chance that I wound up like this! I was just...unlucky! That's all..."

"Grr...!" Mondo growled while Sora looked at him with a skeptical expression.

"H-Hey, come on...! You expect me to just accept my death!?"

Everything's become clear. The decision the students made was right after all. But...was this really a good thing? Because if what they figured out was the truth, then that truth is that Sayaka, one of their classmates, tried to kill another and frame Makoto.

But, even if that's true, Makoto doesn't blame her for what she did. After all...

"It's all because of that video..." Makoto whispered to himself.

The motive that encouraged them to kill. Even he couldn't handle what he saw in there. If he was in Sayaka's place, and the video had something to do with him...he couldn't even imagine.

And that's why Sayaka... For the friends that meant so much to her... That's why she betrayed Makoto. Betrayed everyone.

So when Makoto comforted her after the motive...what she said... She was lying to Makoto. She used him. Is that why she talked to Makoto in the first place?

Well, there's no way of knowing now...Once you're dead...that's it...

"Boy howdy! The entertainment industry must sure be terrifying, huh!?" Monokuma spoke up, killing the grim and sad atmosphere. "I mean, to try and kill someone just because of those relationships! She seemed so nice and lovely on the outside, but inside...she'd descended into pure madness!"

"Wh...what did you say?" Makoto breathed out, looking at the bear.

"I understand, really I do. Yup yup! You're in utter despair thanks to Maizono's betrayal, right? Compassion, intimacy, love... The stronger those feelings, the stronger the despair when they collapse!" Monokuma mockingly laughed.

Makoto grit his teeth. "Stop screwing with us! This is all your fault! Maizono being forced to do something like that... All of it... Everything...! It's all your fault!" He screamed, and, in a frenzy, he suddenly lunged himself at Monokuma. But...

"That's enough." Kyoko latched onto Makoto's arm without hesitation. Her grip was like iron, strong enough he was sure it would leave a bruise.

"That's not a good idea, Naegi." Sora spoke up. "Hit him, and you'll end up just like Enoshima."