Class Trial #5: Difficult Decision

(3rd Person's POV)

CLASS TRIAL...RESUME!

"Wh-What do I do...? What do I do...?! I-I have to decide! I gotta choose whether or not I should expose Kiri's lie!"

Sora clenched her fist as the weight of her choice was so heavy that it was like she was carrying the entire universe on nothing but her shoulders. She was breathing so heavily that one could actually see a puffs of air exit her mouth, like she was in a cold, barren wasteland.

I-It's obvious, isn't it...? Sora thought. All I gotta do is call Kiri out on her lie, right? But...

The blonde's ahoge started shivering as she wondered to herself.

"But...is Kiri really the killer? She has to be, right? Not only is she the most suspicious, but the lie she just told..."

---

"Without my room key, I couldn't possibly put the locker key in there myself. Am I wrong?"

---

"She says that she can't use the locker key without her room key, but that's wrong. When we talked to each other before the trial, she said..."

---

"Actually, to be precise...not quite. I used Monokuma's secret tool, which can open any lock in the school."

"Really now...?"

---

"...Kiri stole Monokuma's special key that can open any lock in the school. She could have used it to get into her room. B-But..." 

Sora let out another rough breath of air as her grip on her trial stand increased.

---

"This is a trap the mastermind has laid for us."

---

"Kiri said that this entire trial is a trap made by the mastermind, but...that has to be some sorta lie, right? A lie told out of desperate self-preservation. But...what if she's tellin' the truth?"

She grit her teeth as she weakly slammed on the trial stand.

"Dammit dammit dammit! Why am I havin' such a hard time with this?!"

Why, indeed. To be completely honest, if the person of suspicion was Byakuya, Hiro, Toko, or even Makoto, Sora would have no problem exposing their lie without a second thought, potentially sending them to their death if it meant that she gets to live. But...since it's Kyoko, the two sides of her mind were having full-on argument with each other.

It was like an angel was on her shoulder and a devil was on her other. The devil that represents her instincts was telling her to expose Kyoko's lie, but the angel that represents her nearly nonexistent conscience was telling her to just keep her mouth shut and see where the trial goes from here.

Both choices had their risks. If Kyoko is the killer and Sora keeps her mouth shut, there's a high chance that everyone except her dies. But...if Kyoko isn't the killer and Sora chooses to expose her lie, then everyone gets wrapped around in the mastermind's so-called trap.